Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

GReddy Turbo PEEPS Help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default GReddy Turbo PEEPS Help me out.

How bad is the pre loaded tune for the greddy kit? I was talking to some people and they said not to get my car tuned here and to drive about an hour and half away. I looked into some shops and they seem to be charging a lot to install at good tune places away from here but only about $500-$600 locally for the install. Is the tune good enough to get installed local and drive on the highway an hour and a half to get the proper tune? If so any tips on what not to do?
Old 07-26-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default greddy concerns

you should be fine on the stock tune but the one thing that you must!! have is a working boost guage in the car because my greddy kit overboosted and i nlew my engine and also my friends shop just finished a greddy install on a tc and he found it boosting 15psa and it was due to the wastegate actuator being slightly ben this is a very fragile peice and can be easily damage in shipping or during the install so make sure its working properly you can use a biycle pump atached to the vacum line for the wastegate and pump it to make sure the wastegate actuator opens smoothly and isnt getting stuck from being bent this will cause a overboost. now i have a new motor in my car and am running the base tune on my emanage and have only driven the car 80 miles and havent beat on it but just stay out of boost and you have nothing to worry about. the greaddy map is just pig rich like 10.0 afr at WOT so its safe just alittle to safe in my opnion no poer i am turning the boost up 2 psi to lean the tune out and then have it fine tuned to the dyno within 2 weeks
Old 07-26-2006, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: greddy concerns

Originally Posted by cdp1279
you should be fine on the stock tune but the one thing that you must!! have is a working boost guage in the car because my greddy kit overboosted and i nlew my engine and also my friends shop just finished a greddy install on a tc and he found it boosting 15psa and it was due to the wastegate actuator being slightly ben this is a very fragile peice and can be easily damage in shipping or during the install so make sure its working properly you can use a biycle pump atached to the vacum line for the wastegate and pump it to make sure the wastegate actuator opens smoothly and isnt getting stuck from being bent this will cause a overboost. now i have a new motor in my car and am running the base tune on my emanage and have only driven the car 80 miles and havent beat on it but just stay out of boost and you have nothing to worry about. the greaddy map is just pig rich like 10.0 afr at WOT so its safe just alittle to safe in my opnion no poer i am turning the boost up 2 psi to lean the tune out and then have it fine tuned to the dyno within 2 weeks
I see your from Huntington Station...what shop does your friend work at? Im from the Smithtown area...I would love to meet up one day and check out eachothers setups...maybe even a lil friendly run or 2...im only running a supercharger
Old 07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my friend works at rayco 4 and used to work for full throttle in queens, The install was on a customers car. The only differace between that kids car and mine is he has a greddy evo2 on his which seems to give it alittle more power i think the stock exhuast it hurting me but not as much as greddys super rich tunning but i would love to have a little race in about 2 weeks or so once the car is tunned and the cluch is broken in. ill problem be up on dpa a bit once i get the car running proper
Old 07-26-2006, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nice bro...we are up at the ave every Friday night from about 9:30-12ish and if it rains, I open up the dealership so that everyone can come and chill out here. Looking forward to meeting you if I havent already
Old 07-28-2006, 08:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i drove around for about 400 miles on the pretuned laggy map......its sucks just dont boost much and you should be fine, and hes right it runs really rich in the begining and should be leaned out a bit during tuning...
Old 07-29-2006, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the greddy tune is anything like the tune my friends civic had you wont have any problems at all. he has had his installed for about 2 years now and he is still running on the base map. not sure why he wont get it tuned but it goes to show they give a reliably base map to drive on.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by greddy05tc
if the greddy tune is anything like the tune my friends civic had you wont have any problems at all. he has had his installed for about 2 years now and he is still running on the base map. not sure why he wont get it tuned but it goes to show they give a reliably base map to drive on.
Well the tC base map is crap, that I know. I just wanted to know if it's safe enough to run for a little while on the highway but I got my answer. I'm still not sure if I'll install locally or not but it seems that I have all the time in the world to decide since I STILL don't have my option 1 package.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by greddy05tc
Well the tC base map is crap, that I know. I just wanted to know if it's safe enough to run for a little while on the highway but I got my answer. I'm still not sure if I'll install locally or not but it seems that I have all the time in the world to decide since I STILL don't have my option 1 package.
its fine, just dont get boost happy and drive normal for a bit till u get it tuned, thats what i did
Old 08-03-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

After I install the kit (same as etsnet's) I was planning on getting it dyno tuned the next day....should I wait first or is that ok?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default Re: GReddy Turbo PEEPS Help me out.

Originally Posted by etsnet
How bad is the pre loaded tune for the greddy kit? I was talking to some people and they said not to get my car tuned here and to drive about an hour and half away. I looked into some shops and they seem to be charging a lot to install at good tune places away from here but only about $500-$600 locally for the install. Is the tune good enough to get installed local and drive on the highway an hour and a half to get the proper tune? If so any tips on what not to do?
The GReddy base tune is a joke. Spend the money for a quality tune. If you want to see it, email me. It should be good for an hour or so drive.