Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Halftime report: Dezod Turbo results quantified!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kumitsu
Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Originally Posted by Kumitsu
am i the one with 308whp paul ?
hahaha you wish..

I was at 308.5 at 8.9psi w/ 2.5" exhaust, now I have my 3"
actually, i also made 308whp @ 11psi with a 2.5exhaust, tuned by paul at a dynojet.
Yeah D. You where tuned to 11.2:1 at that time too. Car drove like a champ!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry paul im not sure i clearly explained myself when i said "why do you think that is the case?"

what i meant to ask. why is it that one the emanage ult. you can control ignition timing which you can not do on the emanage blue and people are still not dynoing as high?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Enrique9876
sorry paul im not sure i clearly explained myself when i said "why do you think that is the case?"

what i meant to ask. why is it that one the emanage ult. you can control ignition timing which you can not do on the emanage blue and people are still not dynoing as high?
You CAN control ignition timing on both. Who told you you can't?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned
SL Member

Although you can only retard.. so there wouldnt be any difference in horsepower GAIN
Old 12-13-2007, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by recliner15
plus its probably more benificial to build your motor and raise the boost then go standalone then go the other way around. Thats the debate im going through right now.

Interested in results and numbers for people with the standalone. i wanna see some 2step and antilag videos!

This is the way I see it (want to get a discussion going here?)

Here is where the average turbo tc guy is at now;
260-290WHP, Between 7-9psi, Emanage, Completely Stock Motor. 550cc Injectors, Some have the walbro installed (I do)

The debate
Route 1: Build your motor, turn up the boost, straight power
Rods, Pistons, Bearings, Head Gasket, Head Studs, 700cc Injectors
Price: $3500 Installed and retuned, mostly for parts and assembling the motor
And there are variables such as getting camshafts, methanol injection, electronic boost controller

Route 2: Go standalone
AEM EMS, Boost Solenoid, MAP Sensor, Your insane tuning bill
Price: $3500 installed and tuned. 2k for the ems, 1k with some cushion for the tune
variables = camshafts, methanol

Expected Results:
Route 1:
Pros: Your probably boosting around 16-17psi and your putting down 380WHP+. When you finally hook hopefully in 3rd you are OUT because of course you gutted your car by now and it weighs around 2700lbs
Cons: You have absolutely no traction, no launch control, and youre redlining at 6250 (how weak) and you cant control boost for poop because your still on a cheap MBC which suck

Route 2:
Pros: You now have full control over your car (or your tuner does) You can set 2step launch control, change your rev limiters (but remember were still on a stock motor so dont get crazy), your boost line is incredible consistent. You are now controlling VVT-i for some extra horsepower. The EMS has an electronic traction control.. but I have yet to hear results of it.
Cons: Now your around 330-340WHP holding 9psi steady as a rock. But be careful.. anymore and your pushing the stock block to its limits. We all saw ScionGT35Rs rods after he pushed 356WHP. They were BENT!

Not sure what the conclusion is but its horsepower vs control here
Cost is around the same, but are you willing to sacrifice 40-60WHP for the launch control, boost control, vvti control and all of the other advantages of the EMS. But remember you are almost out of room for expansion if you choose the control route.. because that motors not gonna last long being stock.

Idk was bored at home and its snowing.. wanted to strike up some discussion for the day
im not sure these are the only arguements to be made nor the only routes to go ... but hey.... itll be good for discussion.

ps i thought you could do two step launch on the emanage ultimate.... im like 99.9999% sure.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

You CAN control ignition timing on both. Who told you you can't?
me

i must have misread.

well then why did i buy the ultimate??
Old 12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned
SL Member

yea i wanna get a discussion going.

I think those are the 2 most popular routes (for 95% of the people) if you want a big power gain.

Sure instead of those above you can build the head and rev out the emanage ultimate like crazy. or just gets cams, meth, ebc and be around 340WHP.. but be careful with that stock motor

No idea if you can do 2step on the ultimate.. ill be ____ed if you can because i got ____ty blue.

btw every heard the aem turbo antilag on a car? youtube it.. its INSANE!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill definitely do that.... i think sciongt35r and his tuner pito were messing around with the two step function on their ultimate.... im not sure if they ever got it working or what but im pretty sure the car has it :/
Old 12-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

yea ive been watching that thread.. gobs of info in there

you have the ultimate.. go plug in your laptop and tell us
Old 12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a mac.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

awwww lol
Old 12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahhahah i know right...

but hey! at least i get mild to moderately funny commercials to entertain me.... while im not tuning my car.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

i get to tune my car while not watching bad commercials
I cant wait to get 700cc's because all I have to do is plug in the emanage and type in 700cc and thats IT!
mwhahaha
Old 12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn. im jealous...
Old 12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

plus its probably more benificial to build your motor and raise the boost then go standalone then go the other way around. Thats the debate im going through right now.

Interested in results and numbers for people with the standalone. i wanna see some 2step and antilag videos!

This is the way I see it (want to get a discussion going here?)

Here is where the average turbo tc guy is at now;
260-290WHP, Between 7-9psi, Emanage, Completely Stock Motor. 550cc Injectors, Some have the walbro installed (I do)

The debate
Route 1: Build your motor, turn up the boost, straight power
Rods, Pistons, Bearings, Head Gasket, Head Studs, 700cc Injectors
Price: $3500 Installed and retuned, mostly for parts and assembling the motor
And there are variables such as getting camshafts, methanol injection, electronic boost controller

Route 2: Go standalone
AEM EMS, Boost Solenoid, MAP Sensor, Your insane tuning bill
Price: $3500 installed and tuned. 2k for the ems, 1k with some cushion for the tune
variables = camshafts, methanol

Expected Results:
Route 1:
Pros: Your probably boosting around 16-17psi and your putting down 380WHP+. When you finally hook hopefully in 3rd you are OUT because of course you gutted your car by now and it weighs around 2700lbs
Cons: You have absolutely no traction, no launch control, and youre redlining at 6250 (how weak) and you cant control boost for poop because your still on a cheap MBC which suck

Route 2:
Pros: You now have full control over your car (or your tuner does) You can set 2step launch control, change your rev limiters (but remember were still on a stock motor so dont get crazy), your boost line is incredible consistent. You are now controlling VVT-i for some extra horsepower. The EMS has an electronic traction control.. but I have yet to hear results of it.
Cons: Now your around 330-340WHP holding 9psi steady as a rock. But be careful.. anymore and your pushing the stock block to its limits. We all saw ScionGT35Rs rods after he pushed 356WHP. They were BENT!

Not sure what the conclusion is but its horsepower vs control here
Cost is around the same, but are you willing to sacrifice 40-60WHP for the launch control, boost control, vvti control and all of the other advantages of the EMS. But remember you are almost out of room for expansion if you choose the control route.. because that motors not gonna last long being stock.

Idk was bored at home and its snowing.. wanted to strike up some discussion for the day
im not sure these are the only arguements to be made nor the only routes to go ... but hey.... itll be good for discussion.

ps i thought you could do two step launch on the emanage ultimate.... im like 99.9999% sure.
The perspective of that post is absolutely 100% incorrect for the way it should be looked at. A standalone is the BRAINS behind the entire set-up. It's the equivalent of the starting QB on your football team. Think of the engine build as the rest of your offense. The piggyback would be the second string QB.

If your bringing your "A" offense (building your motor) against your #1 oponent, wouldn't want your starting QB? The answer is yes. The standalone is not an alternative to building your motor. It is merely a means of controlling and protecting your turbo and motor build investment. Let's face it here.....It's the equivalent of building a garage for your newly purchased Lambo. It only makes sense on high dollar, high power builds. Plus the options package that comes with it, make it a worth while investment like the traction control, anti-lag, 2 step etc....
Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

I agree Paul,

using your football analogy:
If we already have a decent quarterback (emanage) and just want a kick ___ offense we build the motor
OR
we can have an amazing quarterback (ems) and have a decent offense

I am not trying to make one an alternative to the other.. having both is odviosly ideal and the perfect setup. But if you cant have both .. what are the pros and cons of each as most turbo tc's stand right now.

Basically what is the better investment of $3500.. short or long term? That was the discussion I was aiming for.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

To paul it is not crap its better then blue and if u are running a stand alone thats better but with my e manage ult my car is doing just fine power wise runs great. dyno jets r crap... fake whp I love it and i now I will hear alot of crap for this but I dont like cookie cuter turbos sorry my point of veiw.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I agree Paul,

using your football analogy:
If we already have a decent quarterback (emanage) and just want a kick butt offense we build the motor
OR
we can have an amazing quarterback (ems) and have a decent offense

I am not trying to make one an alternative to the other.. having both is odviosly ideal and the perfect setup. But if you cant have both .. what are the pros and cons of each as most turbo tc's stand right now.

Basically what is the better investment of $3500.. short or long term? That was the discussion I was aiming for.
Well it depends on what your goals are for the car. If you are looking for 300whp or less reliably, piggyback with good tuning and stock motor. HOWEVER, if you are going to spend the $$ to build the motor, why not protect your investment with the upmost control of the stabdalone EMS. It sounds like a lot of $$, but sure beats doing the build 2 or 3 times and battling with the stock ECU. It only gets harded as you need more from it.

Do you think the Pats would be 13-0 if it where not for Brady leading the team? (point and case) Brady is the leader of the offense, and the play maker along with Moss etc...
(I HATE THE PATS BTW, but they are playing remarkable football this year)
Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned
SL Member

damn ur convincing me more to get the ems lol.. and sorry for hijacking this Paul,

Again I agree.. but I dont think there is a lack of control with the piggyback. My emanage keeps rock solid AFR's. There may be some instability when you put in 700cc's vs the 550cc's I have now.. but using ScionGT35R again.. his emanage ultimate seems to be doing fine with all of the fuel adjustments he has.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lolz

Quick Reply: Halftime report: Dezod Turbo results quantified!!!