Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Halftime report: Dezod Turbo results quantified!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by recliner15
damn ur convincing me more to get the ems lol.. and sorry for hijacking this Paul,

Again I agree.. but I dont think there is a lack of control with the piggyback. My emanage keeps rock solid AFR's. There may be some instability when you put in 700cc's vs the 550cc's I have now.. but using ScionGT35R again.. his emanage ultimate seems to be doing fine with all of the fuel adjustments he has.
Try putting your foot to about 30% and hold it, build some boost and see how she holds.

THAT is where the standalone shines! Not to mention consistant AFRs ALL THE TIME, with full timing control, VVT-i control, knock control, 2 step launch control, Anti-lag.......The features, functions and flexibility sell itself.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by redrumtc
To paul it is not crap its better then blue and if u are running a stand alone thats better but with my e manage ult my car is doing just fine power wise runs great. dyno jets r crap... fake whp I love it and i now I will hear alot of crap for this but I dont like cookie cuter turbos sorry my point of veiw.
I was not happy with the Ultimate. It still had some of the same issyes as the blue, but overall the quality of the unit was down IMHO. If it comes down to a piggy that I would recommend, it would be the FIC.

The Ult still does nothing with the primary O2 sensor, like the AEM FIC does. You still have to buy all the extras, which the FIC comes stock with.

Ult:
Comes with software

Need:
Wiring
AFR harness (if you want to datalog a wideband)
Pressure sensor and harness (you need this on a turbo car)
***But you can not run both the pressure sensor and AFR harness at the same time. The unit will give an error.
**Doesn't hook into primary O2 for closed loop control

FIC:
comes with software
comes with pressure sensor built in
can datalog a wideband with the new firmware for the unit
can skew the primary O2 to help in closed loop throttle control
CAN REALLY retard timing (it does it just like the EMS)
Old 12-14-2007, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

I know what u mean paul but I have made the same #s with my e manage ult if not much better then the turbo kits with the aem fic so I think it all falls on who is tune the car. Well mine wasnt a pre-programmed for the tc so that mit make a diffrents I know they sell them programed for the scion tc.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know what u mean paul but I have made the same #s with my e manage ult if not much better then the turbo kits with the aem fic so I think it all falls on who is tune the car. Well mine wasnt a pre-programmed for the tc so that mit make a diffrents I know they sell them programed for the scion tc.
This guy just doesn't get it...lol
Old 12-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Well that doesn't mean anything. Our kit comparison numbers where leveling the playing field 100%. Same intercooler pipes, same intercooler, same BOV, manifold etc.....What are the specs of your kit?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

just because I am not on ur b@IIz like some peaple . Like what do u mean bye specs? go on the web site sikky.com if u can show me a 8 psi 300whp tc with ur dezod kit. I am not nocking ur turbo or the way u tune just say it ur trying to sell ur aem fic its okay I understand. Its just that emange ult can do the same thing for less not saying its a better setup just say it can do the same stuff.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

actually the FIC would be less, with the pricing I have seen..... I guess less is more :-D
Old 12-15-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The AEM F/IC would be less. As far as I know, the F/IC has some features that the Ultimate does not.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

just because I am not on ur b@IIz like some peaple . Like what do u mean bye specs? go on the web site sikky.com if u can show me a 8 psi 300whp tc with ur dezod kit. I am not nocking ur turbo or the way u tune just say it ur trying to sell ur aem fic its okay I understand. Its just that emange ult can do the same thing for less not saying its a better setup just say it can do the same stuff.
That comparison on sikky.com is only against greddy.. Nor that it tell a comparison w/ emanage and FIC, but there are other important factors (specs) rather than comparing kit brand (dezod, greddy, custom, etc) not sure whats your point on that.. Anyweiz i do believe FIC is better, but I rather get the emanage blue over the ultimate if nobody can tune my F/IC right.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

okay but what I am trying to say there both good but if ur tuner sucks no matter what ur not going to gain sh$#.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

true though only few had experience w/ FIC thats why I settle with the blue for now
Old 12-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Whoa! I was not trying to bust your chops at all buddy. Cool your heels. I was stating that the purpose of our post to put ALL things on a level playing field. Nothing more. It is a true solid 1 on 1 comparison. The 2 fellas that I compared both had our kit. So in essence both dezod kits, turbo specs identical, done on the same dyno by the same tuner. So the results are absolutely, as far as statistical and scientifically speaking, perfectly comparable. The control item is the engine management.

Lastly, price break down the FIC is a winner versus the Ultimate

I already explained somewhere in another post, but if you want me to do it again, I will.

Lastly, Mightygnu made 308whp on 8 PSI. So, I do not need to justify any more than that.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Ahh WTH.

Ult includes the unit and software.

No wiring, no pressure sensor, no pressure sensor harness either. Let's level the playing field even more and say you want to datalog your wideband on top of it all, which you can;t run the AFR harness plus the pressure sensor and harness anyway! $500 for the unit, $300 for a PnP harness, $150 for the pressure sensor. Total spent, $950!!!!

FIC comes with the software, comes with a built in presssure sensor for $400, and buy a PnP harness for $300. Total spent $700. AND you can datalog your wideband without error unlike with the Ultimate.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
The AEM F/IC would be less. As far as I know, the F/IC has some features that the Ultimate does not.
This is the man that made 308whp on 8 psi.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by Mightygnu
This is the man that made 308whp on 8 psi.
yes i did!
Old 12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

hahaha you wish..

I was at 308.5 at 8.9psi his words turn it down to 8 psi he will only hit 295whp just try it plus I havent seen a dyno sheet yet ur kit cant do it at 8psi
Old 12-15-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

also I am going to get james to take my car to a dyno jet and get some of those big #s he told me it should push 320whp on a dynojet at 8psi put his on a dynopack #s will drop. ctually, i also made 308whp @ 11psi with a 2.5exhaust, tuned by paul at a dynojet. this what ur kit makes at a 11psi not 8psi u tuned them both right paul denzod
Old 12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok... I don't see the reason to continue this argument...

yes, I did make 308.5whp @ 8.9psi. This was with a 2.5" exhaust as well. On a conservative tune!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

okay no dyno its over. Thats why its stile that way.conservative tune and why are the other tc turbo duyno sheet up on there web page dont u think urs would be in there yea yea
Old 12-15-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

low psi high #s = more turbo sales not showing a 10 psi dyno sheet with the same #s u have on there page sorry theres nothing saying that ur turbo kit is any diffrent then the one with 10psi on ther web site thats why I dont think its real. sorry no dyno sheet= not real plus a dyno sheet doent show psi

Quick Reply: Halftime report: Dezod Turbo results quantified!!!