Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Halftime report: Dezod Turbo results quantified!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
And you run AEM FIC huh Phil! I imagine that helps alot with those numbers...... cant wait to tune mine :-P
just to let eveyone know, I am running the emanage blue with the numbers i produced above..
Old 12-18-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet you could get a few more ponies if you used the F/IC!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I bet you could get a few more ponies if you used the F/IC!
oh i am sure i could, and I now have a full 3" so that would help a little bit, but sacrificing some torque..
Old 12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Chris will be able to USE that 3" VERY soon.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Chris will be able to USE that 3" VERY soon.
mmm can't wait!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Our club member with the Dezod kit, that's using the T.E.A turbo got his car retuned. At 8 PSI he put down around 240whp. He said before the tune it was 220ish with the base map. He doesn't lag as much now that he has a better tune, but I have not gotten a chance to ride in it since then. A/F ratio is in the mid-low 11's I believe.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Our club member with the Dezod kit, that's using the T.E.A turbo got his car retuned. At 8 PSI he put down around 240whp. He said before the tune it was 220ish with the base map. He doesn't lag as much now that he has a better tune, but I have not gotten a chance to ride in it since then. A/F ratio is in the mid-low 11's I believe.
That sounds awfully low for the T.E.A. kit. There is more than meets the eye for that. That turbo is HUGE and should be making more power than that at 8 PSI
Old 12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That sounds awfully low for the T.E.A. kit. There is more than meets the eye for that. That turbo is HUGE and should be making more power than that at 8 PSI

Why do you think I preach "not to try and fight with dyno sheets"...

Just an FYI....this dyno is the same dyno I used back when I dynoed our car on 7 PSI. The numbers back then were 250whp 260+wtq.

I believe your comment at the time was...."That's about right".

Dyno's are different all over. I would put $100 bucks on it, that if you took my boys car to another dyno, he could put down 260whp, another dyno 250whp, another dyno 270whp.....BUT on this particular dyno, it's 240whp.

You bring Mighty's car down here and dyno it on this dyno too, and I assure you, it won't make 308 @ 8 lbs of boost.

Prime example why I can care less about how much power you put down on a machine for bragging rights. And the reason why I have only ever dynoed my car one time.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I mean, how else do you explain

Mighty making 308 @ 8.9 PSI and Kumitsu making the same 308 but at 11.5 PSI.

Dyno's are the variables. They should only be used as a tunning mechanism, or to show the gains from a change made to the system/car.

The uneducated buy turbo kits based on "dyno sheets".
Old 12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Just an FYI....this dyno is the same dyno I used back when I dynoed our car on 7 PSI. The numbers back then were 250whp 260+wtq.

Dyno's are different all over. I would put $100 bucks on it, that if you took my boys car to another dyno, he could put down 260whp, another dyno 250whp, another dyno 270whp.....BUT on this particular dyno, it's 240whp.

You bring Mighty's car down here and dyno it on this dyno too, and I assure you, it won't make 308 @ 8 lbs of boost.

Prime example why I can care less about how much power you put down on a machine for bragging rights. And the reason why I have only ever dynoed my car one time.
I agree with you that dynos CAN and WILL be different. As well as the fact of where your located with respect to altitude. There ARE dyno differences and power displaying differences! No one is disputing that. However, there is minimal way to show the difference in turbo systems except for bringing a car from each onto the same dyno one after another and tune them nearly all identical with the same octane and all.

You can not even say track results or trap speeds are definitive. They are driver skill biased. So with this being said; this thread and all of the information is merely FYI to the consumer based up upon information that was provided to me from the customers.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Unless we are talking 100hp differences, between cars, a dyno sheet does not mean sqwat when it comes to performance numbers down the track or driveability on the street. You still got to drive the car.

You might find yourself scratching your heads when you loose to a car that put down 20whp less than you do on a totally different dyno. So, it doesn't matter if one guy put down 308whp @ 8.9 PSI. It's his bragging right and pointless to argue about it. Cause it does not mean he will be faster than another guy that was on a totally different dyno, and put down 280whp @ 8.9 PSI instead of 308.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Dyno's are the variables. They should only be used as a tunning mechanism, or to show the gains from a change made to the system/car.

Mighty had a slightly different turbo spec than Kumitsu. Kumitsu also was in FL when it was 85 degrees at 11PM on the dyno. Kumistus was also tuned with a open and closed cut-out. He actually was scheduled for 10 PSI, but with the open cut-out, he made 11 PSI. So his results may be different from Chris based upon dyno and turbo specs alone. There are so many variables that can play into this, it's nearly impossible to pin-point just one.

Chris was done at Church's, which is known as a little bit of an optimistic dyno.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree with you that dynos CAN and WILL be different. As well as the fact of where your located with respect to altitude. There ARE dyno differences and power displaying differences! No one is disputing that. However, this is minimal way to show the difference in turbo systems except for bringing a car from each onto the same dyno one after another and tune them nearly all identical with the same octane and all.

You can not even say track results or trap speeds are definitive. They are driver skill biased. So with this being said; this thread and all of the information is merely FYI to the consumer based up upon information that was provided to me from the customers.

All I'm saying is (for those that are arguing and calling BS)....."Who cares". It don't matter. How it performs on and off the track is where the proof in the pudding is. Tracks are driver skill biased. Dyno's are "shop's ability to set the parameters on it" biased. Like the example of having all of them tuned the same on the same dyno....same would have to go for them being at the track. The same driver would have to drive all the cars and make a consecutive number of passes, and take the average (best 3 or whatever), and compare. But thats a little bit difficult to setup, and would require a joint effort by all the companies producing/selling turbo kits for the tC.

Collecting dyno information from customers is cool, if all you are doing is providing customers with a "range" that they can expect when they dyno their cars at a "certain" PSI level.

But trying to use 308whp @ 8.9 PSI as a selling point, I think will cause some customers to be disappointed. (not saying you are using it, just making an observation).
Old 12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Mighty had a slightly different turbo spec than Kumitsu. Kumitsu also was in FL when it was 85 degrees at 11PM on the dyno. Kumistus was also tuned with a open and closed cut-out. He actually was scheduled for 10 PSI, but with the open cut-out, he made 11 PSI. So his results may be different from Chris based upon dyno and turbo specs alone. There are so many variables that can play into this, it's nearly impossible to pin-point just one.

Chris was done at Church's, which is known as a little bit of an optimistic dyno.

That's my point. The slightest variable can cause 10-20whp differences. But some people equate performance/speed of a car by it's "dyno numbers". Which sad, but true. However, it shouldn't be.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

That's my point. The slightest variable can cause 10-20whp differences. But some people equate performance/speed of a car by it's "dyno numbers". Which sad, but true. However, it shouldn't be.
Well I can not help than misconception, and neither can you. The beast is what it is. You can try to understand it, and try to reason with it, but often you just end up shaking your head in confusion.

I am glad we are agreeing here on this Travis.

This is a step to harmony on SL!

Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Like the example of having all of them tuned the same on the same dyno....same would have to go for them being at the track. The same driver would have to drive all the cars and make a consecutive number of passes, and take the average (best 3 or whatever), and compare. But thats a little bit difficult to setup, and would require a joint effort by all the companies producing/selling turbo kits for the tC.

Collecting dyno information from customers is cool, if all you are doing is providing customers with a "range" that they can expect when they dyno their cars at a "certain" PSI level.

But trying to use 308whp @ 8.9 PSI as a selling point, I think will cause some customers to be disappointed. (not saying you are using it, just making an observation).
Exactly, spot on with the reference of the kits on the same dyno and track with same drivers.....This thread was merely information showing a range of possibilites, and we are NOT advertising our kit, nor will we ever, as making 308whp on 8 PSI. We do not do biz that way.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I'm always harmonious....
Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
SL Member

Old 12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Like the example of having all of them tuned the same on the same dyno....same would have to go for them being at the track. The same driver would have to drive all the cars and make a consecutive number of passes, and take the average (best 3 or whatever), and compare. But thats a little bit difficult to setup, and would require a joint effort by all the companies producing/selling turbo kits for the tC.

Exactly, spot on with the reference of the kits on the same dyno and track with same drivers.....This thread was merely information showing a range of possibilites, and we are NOT advertising our kit, nor will we ever, as making 308whp on 8 PSI. We do not do biz that way.

Right on man...
Old 12-18-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awww and now Paul & Travis hold hands as the sunset goes down! lol.

I could go on and on and type a huge response, but I think this sums it up...

I agree with everything above...

Quick Reply: Halftime report: Dezod Turbo results quantified!!!