Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Which Turbo Kit Should I Get?
Turbonetics
63.64%
GReddy
36.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Having a hard time deciding!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Oh they're legit. zer0 has it. I have it too.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Originally Posted by zer0
Also:
Bought from TPD Racing:
GReddy Turbo Kit for 05-06 Scion tC - $2350
Stage 2 Fuel Management Upgd. (Emanage Ultimate, 440cc Injectors) - $778
HKS SSQV BOV - $168
Shipping: $80

$3376 Shipped for a Complete Kit, even $250 cheaper if you go with the emanage Blue!!
I was VERY interested in getting the GReddy kit from The Performace Driver, but they didn`t list enough details. Not sure if they`re legit.
Plus, the price is REALLY cheap, a complete set from them is cheaper than a TRD Supercharger. Come on now... Just seems unreal.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TPD or www.corsport.com TAI will price match and he is a great guy
Old 11-27-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

20tCDude05 - look at my turbo thread. The initial price is cheap.... but there's a lot more underlying costs that have to go with it. I think I've outlined it pretty well.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
20tCDude05 - look at my turbo thread. The initial price is cheap.... but there's a lot more underlying costs that have to go with it. I think I've outlined it pretty well.
Where`s the thread at? I`ve tried looking for it. :-(
Old 11-27-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
Oh they're legit. zer0 has it. I have it too.
Oh, you have it? How much WHP you running. And have you upgraded the kit any? Do you like it?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Search man, there are plenty of Greddy kits makiing awesome power... While the Turbonetics owners out there are waiting for a place to tune their unichip.

I just saw in one of the newer tuner mags, that the owner switched out the Unichip for an EMU...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

I would not leave off ZPI or Dezod from your list as both of these are great companies too, and have had very good proven success
Old 11-27-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Search man, there are plenty of Greddy kits makiing awesome power... While the Turbonetics owners out there are waiting for a place to tune their unichip.

I just saw in one of the newer tuner mags, that the owner switched out the Unichip for an EMU...
Dude, I don't believe anyone when they tell us their HP. Not to sound like an ___, but if I say I had a AWD 1,000 HP tC, does that mean I do? And anyone can photoshop dyno charts. I'm really picky about internet claims. For some reason, I just think Turbonetics is the best. GReddy is too cheap. I follow the saying, "YOU get what you PAY for." Nothing wrong with being careful. PLUS, Turbonetics has a Warranty. I rather spend the extra grand for that warranty as if some parts failed and costed near a grand or more, then it would be well worth it. And ZPI and Dezod were never heard of in my life until I joined ScionLife. I've heard of HKS, GReddy, Turbonetics, Turbosmart, etc. but NOT ZPI or Dezod. Not saying they're cheap. But, I don't trust them. Never even seen them in a magazine, ya know?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
TPD or www.corsport.com TAI will price match and he is a great guy
www.corsport.com is in a different langauge...
Old 11-27-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod was in a Mag...

So Turbonetics it is for you... Why did you make the thread then? Ive yet to see any turbonetics cars make good power. Unichip is a huge hinderance.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod was in a Mag...

So Turbonetics it is for you... Why did you make the thread then? Ive yet to see any turbonetics cars make good power. Unichip is a huge hinderance.
Not saying, I've decided on Turbonetics. Just scared to risk the cheap price. (Cheap doesn't always necessarily mean crap) But, this is not something to make a mistake over. So, you have a GReddy kit? Do you like it? Honestly, how many WHP you pushing? ANYTHING you DON'T LIKE about it or anything you wish to change? Does it come in a COMPLETE kit? I know you need mangagement, injectors, that's it I think.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod was in a Mag...

And now I remember that Dezod was in a magazine, my apologies.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod was in a Mag...

Not saying, I've decided on Turbonetics. Just scared to risk the cheap price. (Cheap doesn't always necessarily mean crap) But, this is not something to make a mistake over. So, you have a GReddy kit? Do you like it? Honestly, how many WHP you pushing? ANYTHING you DON'T LIKE about it or anything you wish to change? Does it come in a COMPLETE kit? I know you need mangagement, injectors, that's it I think.
Greddy isnt "cheap":
lets break it down...

Greddy:
Retail Price: $3595
Option 2 Management Retail Price: $1,175
Total Retail Price: $4770

Turbonetics Retail Price: $5797
The Unichip alone is $900+ in that price.

Greddy can mass produce more Turbokits for cheaper, then Turbonetics... Retailers like TPDracing, give us awesome low prices so we can all enjoy boost.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Unichip is a huge hinderance."

I beg to differ. I have a Unichip running my turbo setup. I have no check engine light at all wich you will get with any other tunning device. It also is not hard to find a place to tune it. You go on the Unichip website click places to buy and find your self a custom tunner any where in the U.S.. Some states have more then other yes but Unichip is by far the best tunning device for a Toyota ECU. I first started out using a SAFC II it works good for low boost but as soon as you start hiting that high boost id recomend nothing but a Unichip. I am pushing 267 Hp to the ground at 10 PSI. Thats with my 440cc injectors running at 110% duty cycle that meaning the injectors are to small. Yes they are to small. So if you get the greddy kit you beter opt for biger injectors. I need to upgrade once again to 650cc in order to push the boost I want. So in other words i recomend the T-Netics kit cause that is the best one i think for upgradeing since it runs 660cc injectors hmm think about it.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not everyone has a tuner around that can tune it is all I am trying to convey.

The Siemens 630cc injectors are only $220, and you can buy an EMU for cheap. Its not hard to have more fuel available.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod was in a Mag...

Greddy isnt "cheap":
lets break it down...

Greddy:
Retail Price: $3595
Option 2 Management Retail Price: $1,175
Total Retail Price: $4770

Turbonetics Retail Price: $5797
The Unichip alone is $900+ in that price.

Greddy can mass produce more Turbokits for cheaper, then Turbonetics... Retailers like TPDracing, give us awesome low prices so we can all enjoy boost.
Yea, I'm leaning towards GReddy, but the part I'm afraid of is the warranty. Whereas the Turbonetics does. Ya know?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not everyone has a tuner around that can tune it is all I am trying to convey.

The Siemens 630cc injectors are only $220, and you can buy an EMU for cheap. Its not hard to have more fuel available.
Wow, that's expensive. What cc do you recommend? I am thinking about going with 550cc ones, or 500cc, not sure which one is actual.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluesciontc
"Unichip is a huge hinderance."

I beg to differ. I have a Unichip running my turbo setup. I have no check engine light at all wich you will get with any other tunning device. It also is not hard to find a place to tune it. You go on the Unichip website click places to buy and find your self a custom tunner any where in the U.S.. Some states have more then other yes but Unichip is by far the best tunning device for a Toyota ECU. I first started out using a SAFC II it works good for low boost but as soon as you start hiting that high boost id recomend nothing but a Unichip. I am pushing 267 Hp to the ground at 10 PSI. Thats with my 440cc injectors running at 110% duty cycle that meaning the injectors are to small. Yes they are to small. So if you get the greddy kit you beter opt for biger injectors. I need to upgrade once again to 650cc in order to push the boost I want. So in other words i recomend the T-Netics kit cause that is the best one i think for upgradeing since it runs 660cc injectors hmm think about it.
Ok, to clarify. I'm on a budget. So, I think Greddy is the best choice, but I'm not sure if I can get to 350 WHP with that kit plus some upgrades and tuning. I think even 300 WHP would be hard to attain.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddy is a great kit, little bigger turbo then the other kits, 18G, and im at 12psi on stock intereals and about 315whp, kit is great had no problems with it, i also agree with zer0, its the best bang for your buck, definitly get the greddy kit

Quick Reply: Having a hard time deciding!!