Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Which Turbo Kit Should I Get?
Turbonetics
63.64%
GReddy
36.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Having a hard time deciding!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaGreat1
Greddy is a great kit, little bigger turbo then the other kits, 18G, and im at 12psi on stock intereals and about 315whp, kit is great had no problems with it, i also agree with zer0, its the best bang for your buck, definitly get the greddy kit
WOW, that's awesome. 300 WHP is my goal, to say the least. 350 WHP is a dream.

I'm aiming to go for 15 PSI or 17.5 PSI to acheive 350 WHP. I will eventually make the internals SOOO STRONG. How does it pull and what's the quarter mile time?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddy is a great kit, little bigger turbo then the other kits, 18G, and im at 12psi on stock intereals and about 315whp, kit is great had no problems with it, i also agree with zer0, its the best bang for your buck, definitly get the greddy kit
Would a 20G be wise for better push and boost and PSI, and HP gain, blah blah. It's bigger, so, not sure if would be more lag...
Old 11-28-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean its not going 2 really make a difference getting a 20G, i wouldnt waste money on it really, there wont be much more of a gain, i run low 13's, but that was with stock tires, i would get high 12's with some nice tires on there...it pulls really nice.... the other day my friend has a GTO 6.0 400 hp, we did a 3rd gear pull....i pulled on him really nicely, 4th gear i just flew passed him
Old 11-28-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean its not going 2 really make a difference getting a 20G, i wouldnt waste money on it really, there wont be much more of a gain, i run low 13's, but that was with stock tires, i would get high 12's with some nice tires on there...it pulls really nice.... the other day my friend has a GTO 6.0 400 hp, we did a 3rd gear pull....i pulled on him really nicely, 4th gear i just flew passed him
Sweet. I would love to get a 12.5 sec 1/4 time. Kinda hard to believe you killed a GTO. LOL
Old 11-28-2006, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no not really there about 400hp, but only 320whp, because there rear wheel drive, and there about 500-600 pounds heavier then the tC, also, at 12boost of boost you slam in ur sit, and im at 315whp... and lighter car, im going to pull harder
Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no not really there about 400hp, but only 320whp, because there rear wheel drive, and there about 500-600 pounds heavier then the tC, also, at 12boost of boost you slam in ur sit, and im at 315whp... and lighter car, im going to pull harder
Yea, that's understandable. So, tell me your COMPLETE set up, like kit and the upgrades.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your up to 315whp dagreat1 Very nice when did u up the boost did you go back to Ripp for a retune??
Old 11-28-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea when i got the water/meth kit i put the boost up to 12
Old 11-28-2006, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, that's understandable. So, tell me your COMPLETE set up, like kit and the upgrades

-Greddy Turbo(with TIAL 50mm BOV)

-TSUDO N1 Turbo exhaust

-Water/meth injection kit <--- GREAT KIT i would recommend it to anyone boost on stock internals who wants to bring the boost up

-Zpi lightweight pulley

-Manual Boost controller

-Engine Damper

good tunning, and im getting my electical cutoff valve tomorrow so i would get a nice 30hp gain on that also, and a retune so we will see what im at after that
Old 11-28-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

I originally voted for the T-netics turbo setup, but after reading some of the post from the pro-greddy kit... its not sounds too bad... will def consider it
Old 11-28-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, that's understandable. So, tell me your COMPLETE set up, like kit and the upgrades

-TSUDO N1 Turbo exhaust

-Water/meth injection kit <--- GREAT KIT i would recommend it to anyone boost on stock internals who wants to bring the boost up

-Zpi lightweight pulley

-Manual Boost controller

-Engine Damper

good tunning, and im getting my electical cutoff valve tomorrow so i would get a nice 30hp gain on that also, and a retune so we will see what im at after that
How much is all that? List the price for each. Looks GREAT tho. I'm sure that water/meth kit costs a lot. I hear it's hard to fit in the engine??
Old 11-28-2006, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Just thought I would show you this:

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g..._12_52_2nd.wmv

Also ZPI is the one that Nissan went to to build a turbo kit for the Versa they sent to SEMA, Nissan is also sending them a Skyline in February I dont want to make this a one company over the other, I am just trying to at least give you all the info, at least all I have...GOOD LUCK MAN!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-Greddy Turbo(with TIAL 50mm BOV) - $3400

-TSUDO N1 Turbo exhaust -$250

-Water/meth injection kit <--- GREAT KIT i would recommend it to anyone boost on stock internals who wants to bring the boost up -400$

-Zpi lightweight pulley - $100

-Manual Boost controller - $75

-Engine Damper - $150

-Tuning - $150

-Electrial Cutoff Valve didnt get it yet but it cost - $150, and im going 2 get it tunned with it on after
Old 11-28-2006, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Not everyone has a tuner around that can tune it is all I am trying to convey.

The Siemens 630cc injectors are only $220, and you can buy an EMU for cheap. Its not hard to have more fuel available.
I buy nothing but RC Enginering. Cause tey flow what the advertise. mine flowed 440, 440, 439, 439. cant beat that with a 10 foot stick you pay for what you get. PE injectors are the worse injectors to get by the way they flow like ____ and they are just stock injectors punched out to flow that much and they suck ___.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Originally Posted by zer0
Search man, there are plenty of Greddy kits makiing awesome power... While the Turbonetics owners out there are waiting for a place to tune their unichip.

I just saw in one of the newer tuner mags, that the owner switched out the Unichip for an EMU...
Dude, I don't believe anyone when they tell us their HP. Not to sound like an butt, but if I say I had a AWD 1,000 HP tC, does that mean I do? And anyone can photoshop dyno charts. I'm really picky about internet claims. For some reason, I just think Turbonetics is the best. GReddy is too cheap. I follow the saying, "YOU get what you PAY for." Nothing wrong with being careful. PLUS, Turbonetics has a Warranty. I rather spend the extra grand for that warranty as if some parts failed and costed near a grand or more, then it would be well worth it. And ZPI and Dezod were never heard of in my life until I joined ScionLife. I've heard of HKS, GReddy, Turbonetics, Turbosmart, etc. but NOT ZPI or Dezod. Not saying they're cheap. But, I don't trust them. Never even seen them in a magazine, ya know?
You know in the 60's there was a guy named Carol Shelby that no one ever heard of too...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Never even seen them in a magazine, ya know?
Actually, there have been multiple articles on both our parts, customers cars, and then advertising. With SEMA in the recent past, you can also find numerous online articles regarding that build until press is officially released. Dezod also had a good article as well.

You definitely should research a little more. Magazine press isn't always where it's at either-you need to research current customers, videos, dyno charts, lifespan of kit, warranty, etc. to make an educated decision. Some companies spend all of their energy and money on building "magazine cars" and leave their customers with zero parts-I think we all know an excellent example of such companies.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-TSUDO N1 Turbo exhaust

-Zpi lightweight pulley

-Manual Boost controller

-Engine Damper

What size injectors. Surley not 440cc. Well mayb since you got a small turbo. But your making good power with it thats cool. Also what meth kit you got i am looking into that too.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

-Greddy Turbo(with TIAL 50mm BOV) - $3400

-TSUDO N1 Turbo exhaust -$250

-Water/meth injection kit <--- GREAT KIT i would recommend it to anyone boost on stock internals who wants to bring the boost up -400$

-Zpi lightweight pulley - $100

-Manual Boost controller - $75

-Engine Damper - $150

-Tuning - $150

-Electrial Cutoff Valve didnt get it yet but it cost - $150, and im going 2 get it tunned with it on after
You didn't get a better clutch for it?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluesciontc

-TSUDO N1 Turbo exhaust

-Zpi lightweight pulley

-Manual Boost controller

-Engine Damper

What size injectors. Surley not 440cc. Well mayb since you got a small turbo. But your making good power with it thats cool. Also what meth kit you got i am looking into that too.
I believe he still has the 440cc, I am sure they are going to go static on him, if he doesnt go bigger.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea im still on stock clutch i ordered my new clutch today, also, yea im still on 44cc injectors lol, its a custom kit the water/meth......that a perforance shop made, its RIPP MODS, there from staten island NY, they make a great kit, go to there website... its www.rippmods.com call them and ask them about it, they wil send u 1

Quick Reply: Having a hard time deciding!!