Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

that head in your seat feeling

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FLIN-SCION
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
No one has brought up the AWD aspect... I believe that is the major difference. Of course AWD is going to give you that feeling of "push" because the traction is WAY better, when you can put the power to the ground you will be able to feel it!

That's only the case if he was launching the car from a stop, to which I don't think he was doing.
Not necessarily, yes the traction is going to be a lot more noticable on launch but even through the power band (especially when boost ramps up) the AWD is going to stick. Thats what I was referring to. 2wd vs. AWD = AWD always wins when it comes to traction.

From a roll.......Exactly WHAT traction problems would even presist that an AWD would bite any more than a FWD or RWD. Sorry bro, don't mean to be **** or anything, but I'm not to confident enough that you have much experience after reading that statement.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
And the explanation captain gave is pretty good. That is also why a good running NA, 300hp car can outrun a 300HP turbo setup. More area under the curve wins regardless of peak hp.

You would more than likely need to be brake boosting the F/I vehicle in that case, to make it even.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From a roll.......Exactly WHAT traction problems would even presist that an AWD would bite any more than a FWD or RWD. Sorry bro, don't mean to be **** or anything, but I'm not to confident enough that you have much experience after reading that statement.
Ok I am not trying to argue but when you have a car that boost jumps in the higher RPMs (and dumps a lot of power like the EVO does) its nice to have AWD, i was just saying that AWD is a contributing aspect, not the reason he felt a kick in the seat. And as far as the traction problems from a roll.... watch a 300hp n\a RWD car shift hard from 2nd to 3rd, or when pulling hard in second, and see the butt go wobbly, you cannot honestly tell me that an AWD car wouldnt fix that problem.[/quote]
Old 02-09-2007, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok I am not trying to argue but when you have a car that boost jumps in the higher RPMs (and dumps a lot of power like the EVO does) its nice to have AWD, i was just saying that AWD is a contributing aspect, not the reason he felt a kick in the seat. And as far as the traction problems from a roll.... watch a 300hp n\a RWD car shift hard from 2nd to 3rd, or when pulling hard in second, and see the butt go wobbly, you cannot honestly tell me that an AWD car wouldnt fix that problem.

No....Better Tiires Fixes that problem. Going from a roll RARELY happens in 2nd gear anyway. And 300hp in a RWD, starting at 2nd gear is not a whole lot to break substantially. You would need more than 300hp. You forget that when you mash the gas, weight is transfered to the rear of the vehicle, therefore pushing the rear tires into the pavement. A good set of rubber will solve traction issues.....not just AWD.

From a roll and previously stated AWD will rob you of power going to the ground due to more moving components. Hence the reason why I pulled on an 06/07 EVO 9 MR from a 40mph roll.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Hence the reason why I pulled on an 2006 EVO 9 MR from a 40mph roll.
I thought you pulled on that Evo 9 because of your mad driving skills.....and the bottle your camera man chucked at the Evo 9 driver's head?

**attention the last statement was a joke. Travis and company have never chucked bottles, rocks, scissors, small infants, etc. at opposing drivers. No Evo 9 drivers were ever hurt in the making of their videos, unless a bruised ego is considered to be a physical malady.**
Old 02-09-2007, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^LOL....you crack me up!