Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I see. Kool.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

talking to my welder today he was wondering if the maf sensor on the car is a blow through maf sensor or a different type because he thinks im bogging out in the higher rpm range because its reading the intake side of the turbo instead of the output side of the turbo ...we are going to relocate the maf to the charge pipe behind the bov to see if that helps me at all

so does anyone know what type of maf sensor it is?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbotc06
talking to my welder today he was wondering if the maf sensor on the car is a blow through maf sensor or a different type because he thinks im bogging out in the higher rpm range because its reading the intake side of the turbo instead of the output side of the turbo ...we are going to relocate the maf to the charge pipe behind the bov to see if that helps me at all

so does anyone know what type of maf sensor it is?
it should work either way. but since its stock location is on the intake. thats where i would leave it.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea its staying ..just ordered new injectors 1080 cc's haha and a fuel rail going with a bigger fuel pump going to get some more gauges and a greddy map sensor to hook up to my ecu

we set a goal to get her to run right on the broken motor and then she goes to the shop for a full blown tear down ...completely stripped motor and we are rebuilding it to be pretty much a race car but in tc format haha

getting new cams to be machined as race cams, titanium lifters and valves and springs and upgraded main/rod bearings new rods new pistons new axles new flywheel clutch...3 inch exhaust half-back with a dump switch.

going with a T3/T4 .60 trim turbo

goal now is 25-30 psi

I noticed something about my tc which is very odd and ive never seen this before but I haul ___ shifting at like 4k rpms i dont even need to get it all the way

she builds boost like no tomorrow still which is odd ...going to pull the boost controller out completely and see if thats causing that problem.

but I currently build 11 lbs before the motor bogs down and if i take it from a roll it takes me to about 2500 rpms to have it spooled to 11 lbs

anyone see anything wrong with that?

its the craziest thing ive seen ever ...and the other thing on top of that is she only bogs when the boost stops building ...it bogs out at 11 psi

i just wish i could get it to build a certain lb of boost and not just build to the motor bogs and then stop building

going to try to take out the boost controller, only other thing that could be the issue is the wastegate ...i just think the wastegate is closing and opening at wrong times....like it seems to open when its building boost and it closes when its not building boost

also i get a backfire from it when i let off the gas

theres a few issues here and there ....sigh
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM
SL Member

the rpm at wich your tc builds boost is determined by the size of your turbo. you will notice a big difference with the 60 trim.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i found like 4 other tcs with it relocated to the charge pipe instead of the maf pipe ...hrm but someone said just do the map sensor which is what im probably going to do but it seems like im bogging out because of high boost and the maf not reading proper levels of air intake
Old 06-09-2007, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok heres all the internal upgrades im doing i dont think im missing anything let me know if i am

headgasket
forged rods
head studs
main bearings
rod bearings
turbo pistons
injectors 650cc
Valve springs/seats/retainers/valves
Old 06-11-2007, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok so now after playing for about an hour we figured it out ...wastegate is shot ...____ing trash ___ wastegate ...

zpi will be getting a phone call tomorrow morning stating that this wastegate sucks and i need a new one NOW since i need my car

heres the story ...no more boost controller and i took it to 5 psi in 4th ...let off the gas so it would blow off took another hard run it went to 10 psi ... hten another run and it bogs out at 12 psi because the stock injectors cant handle the pressure in the intake manifold

ok so WTF a bad wastegate from the start ...great this has been causing me the biggest headache of my life because if i could run a solid 7 psi my car would be perfect until i get the time to fix the rest and rebuild but all because of a crappy wastegate it overboosts till either i blow something up ...orrrrr ...well thats the worst of it i think
Old 06-12-2007, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea ok so we figured it out! .... it was a stupid T line that wasnt cut all the way through on the T so my wastegate and blow off valve werent getting vacuum!!!!!! im so excited haha

and now its time to pay off the bills and she goes back to the shop for a huge upgrade! wish me luck and stay tuned! goal is 500hp by the end of summer on a very built block
Old 06-12-2007, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE!
Good job, and good luck!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol fun times
good luck
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea so heres an update

step 1 colder plugs and reinstalled sway bar and pulled out my neons

she runs hard on 5.7 psi ...only thing is bye bye clutch and i think LSD will be the next stuff i do

she runs hard and wants to go but the tires and the boost arent friends yet
Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

just wondering....where are you gettin' all this money for this type of project....haha....cause i make a great money, but wouldn't have enough to fund something like this..lol.....you should be well into the 10 sec club if all goes right....good luck
Old 06-17-2007, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol working my **** off and credit cards with very high limits

monday the new a/f ratio gauge goes in and street slicks go on, upping the psi to 8 or 9 psi pending on slippage

and i only make 10 bucks an hour haha

oh and i do side stuff too cause i can install systems in cars and do pretty much all the basics up to installing turbos

so i know my way around cars pretty well

we dont think she will break 10 seconds

this summer goal is 11s with a built motor and 14 psi on slicks with a 16 point roll cage and yes i said 16 point + a cage for the motor
Old 06-17-2007, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbotc06
ok heres all the internal upgrades im doing i dont think im missing anything let me know if i am

headgasket
forged rods
head studs
main bearings
rod bearings
turbo pistons
injectors 650cc
Valve springs/seats/retainers/valves
Make sure you have really strong rod bolts.