Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

HELP !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default HELP !!!!!!!!!

was driving my car around and i dumped the clutch then my car stalls and now its not starting, it will turn over but the car does not start up any help would be aprreciated i checked all hoses and piping is good i cannot figure out why my car is not starting. and i disconnected the battery terminal and tryed again with no luck. if any of u can help my number is 516-241-1107 im stuck with my car and need help.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump for help anybody????
Old 01-01-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Check your sensors on your intake. A buddy of mine once forgot to reconnect his MAF sensor after installing some cable bushings and his car would turn over, but not start. Sounds similar...

Edit: I don't know your mods (if any), but this post is in F/I, so are you boosted?
Old 01-01-2007, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

are you sure you have the cluth all the way to the floor? It sounds silly, but It might be...
Old 01-01-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the intake is fine and yess the clutch is all the way to the floor lol i think the o2 sensor on the spipe touched metal on the car and blew a fuse but i dont know what fuse to replace soo i dont have to get a tow, so i can at least drive it to a place to have the sensor moved soo it not facing metal like matt with the dezod kit DAMM this sux
Old 01-01-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 01-01-2007, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why dont you start checking the fuses!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i checked the efi fuse but i cant tell if its blown or not i have a good feeling this is the problem but i have to get the o2 sensor relocated, i hope when i put it in i can actually drive it home or to a shop cause i really dont wanna pay for a tow jeeeeeez happy new year to me
Old 01-01-2007, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i plan on getting under the car in the morning unplgugging the o2 sensor clip from its power source then driving to toyota to get a new efi fuse and drive it to a shop i hope it will work i will keep u guys posted just sux. im very nervous hope i didnt blow my motor or anything too bad.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Byta27
i checked the efi fuse but i cant tell if its blown or not i have a good feeling this is the problem but i have to get the o2 sensor relocated, i hope when i put it in i can actually drive it home or to a shop cause i really dont wanna pay for a tow jeeeeeez happy new year to me

What's stopping you from being able to tell if the efi fuse is blown or not?

Originally Posted by Byta27
i plan on getting under the car in the morning unplgugging the o2 sensor clip from its power source then driving to toyota to get a new efi fuse and drive it to a shop i hope it will work i will keep u guys posted just sux. im very nervous hope i didnt blow my motor or anything too bad.
If your motor was blown....trust me, you would know. She would be crying Oil all over the ground.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cause if u look the efi fuse is grey its not clear soo u cant see if its broke or not
Old 01-01-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate to say it but this is a defect that dezod should take care of for the customers having this problemim lucky i broke down a block away from my friends house i pusehed it while my skinny friend steered it---if this happened out on the streeet i would be ____ed, im ____ed now cause i cant get to work until everythign opens on tues, this is the second time this has happened with the dezod kit me and matt and will prb happen to other just a warning, im gonna call paul and ask if they can send a new pipe i shouldnt have to weld it shut and make a new hole thats bs i spent alot of money on the kit. its there kit there problem not mine, it is a defect and it should be replaced, if not this will be the last time with me doing buisness with them.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea you should get a new pipe. Defiantly a problem that needs fixed.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I think it was a short oversight from their people that do their welding. I'm sure they would have no problem hooking you up with a new pipe, as any company would do.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hey Byta27, just got your messege, PMed you back

I have a TON of blown fuses around here, let me get you a pic, haha.

Now this problem with the s-pipe HAS been fixed. The guy that works over at Random Tech that was building the pipes was just eyeing the bungs in. Paul and the gang from the VERY BEGINNING had provided them with a fixture that exactly positioned the bung in the nominal position but this guy was just eyeing them in. So with that said, there's nothing wrong with the new pipes and the pipes are being redesigned.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah im gonna call paul and get this straighten outttt this shouldnt be. and thankyou for taken the pics im just not too sure exactly which fuse it is even tho it has a map on the back i thought it was the one that was tan color all the way to the right of the box i think it was under the 20 a fuse
Old 01-01-2007, 08:10 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

EFI FUSE:

Fuse box on driver's side behind headlight:

Take the lid off:

Picture taken from standing in front of the driver's side fender. This is the fuse you need to check/replace:

Now this is a picture of a blown 30A fuse but a blown 20A fuse will look the same.......only yellow......

The metal link inside will be blown in two, breaking continuity

So, if it's blown, unplug the secondary O2 sensor and replace with another yellow 20A mini fuse, and she'll fire right up.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If it's not blown... (You have a spare 20A fuse attached to the inside of the lid with the white plastic tweezers. Use this to compare it to if you don't think its blown)......then we have an entirely different problem all together, but it IS either spark related or fuel related.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:18 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My guess would be that your sensor was CLOSE but not touching like mine, and over time heat from that CV hub melted a small portion of the outter covering off one of the wires and when you dumped the clutch that forceful shutter from the motor/drivetrain was just enough to force that wire to contact the hub. It only takes a milisecond of contact to pop a fuse
Old 01-01-2007, 08:20 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

while your at it, go ahead and check all the fuses. The larger 40's and 50's have a sight glass on top of them so you don't have to pull those out. And don't pull the relays, haha, no visual way to check those