Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Help me to get my turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I was gonna say that as well, but unless he's got an '05 or '06, the SC is gonna run him, what, $3K? Just to have the bearing blow out? I would't recomend it.
bearing is a cheap fix if you know people (ME!). Its really reliable though. I think more so than the turbo (if your trying to not spend a ton of money) If you leave it stock than you can get it warrantied. Or you can be renegade like me and run the stock headers with a blown out cat (ie. Not there at all) and its like free high flow headers with a warranty.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, I know it's not flaming, and if it was meant to be I could care less... I don't really even have any questions, just kinda looking to chat with you guys about whether its worth it or not..

I kinda dont want to go with a used kit for over $3000 either.

As for the supercharger, I want to make just a little more than that. I want to be a little faster than str4s and subie wrxs.. And I am hoping to do it for $3500, but I dont really think its possible..

I just want to make sure that everyone knows I'm not looking to cut corners and I have plenty of money to spare... especially with the work i have planned for the summer.

I'm going to be a senior next year and will have my engineering degree, so hopefully I can get myself a little house with a garage.

My main problem is that I don't know if $5000 (the cost I expect to pay. The $3500 is what I want to pay) is worth it to dump into this car right now, or if I should save that money for something else..

I really want that quick satisfaction right now, but I think in the long run I would be better off saving it...

SOOO... to make a long story short, I dont want to spend $5 g's, I'll do it for $3500. I can't do it for $3500 and keep it reliable, so I guess I shouldn't do it...

JOE
Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ alright.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You sound like a fool, wahh i want an intercooler, then go get one, the TT backyard brawler is a godsend from the angles of w/e the hell you believe in. 2k for a f u c k i n g turbo kit with might i add probably the nicest manifold on the market, i dont wana bash u but you want a reliable kit w/ a front mount all in 1 package ur looking to spend 3k+ unless you go w/ the greddy but who wants integrated wastegate. each ones diff man diff price ranges diff shi!t....work an xtra hour,
Old 02-22-2008, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

crayola, this post isnt about me not having money.. its about whether you guys think its worth it or not to turbo this car..

im sitting on plenty of money right now, I have a full time internship lined up for the summer (last summer I pulled 10 g's after tax, this year theres an increase in salary), and within a year I'll be banking off of my engineering degree anyhow..

I have money to build the motor a little and go with some serious boost, but for a FWD daily driver I just dont see the point.. I might go with something like that backyard brawler kit but I am still looking at my options, like I have been for over a year.

I'm sorry I don't rush into dumping thousands of dollars into a car thats probably not worth it that I will never get back..

but anyways if anyone has any other comments that arent "DONT BOOST ON BUGDGET" or "YOU'RE RICE" then please comment, and if you have those comments and you want to post I could careless..
Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Team Echo
SL Member

look man me and you were both in the same situation with the exception of i didnt have the money yeah i worked my ___ off in the end i started out with a kit that ran for 2,500 on special at that through TT with out management im currently over 4g's with everything that i need thats not including install which i will be doing my self also take into account tuning and any other misc odds and ends you might need.....if your debating about it this much then why do it? just go with a car that has that sort of power from the factory just my .2 cents on this whole situation
Old 02-23-2008, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If we didnt' think it was worth it, we would not have done it ourselves!
And the thing is, it's GREAT for a daily driver. A daily driver is not buring out every evo at every stoplight...a daily driver IS needing some extra push on a freeway onramp, and being able to jump past the truck pulling a 4 horse trailer...which are both from a roll, so the FWD does not matter.

Now at the drag strip?...250whp or 550whp on a fwd is not gonna break 10s.