Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Help with motor build please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help with motor build please!!!

Hey everyone...well just finished putting the motor together and am now sitting at TDC. so my question is can i start the motor once i tie in all the electricals and does the ecu take care of timing.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess i should mention that i have asked shops up here and apparently no one has done engine overhauls on the tc out here in ND. so they don't have a true answer. associate at toyota say's they are the only ones capable of doing it as it requires a special computer..(yeah right dude) oh also where can i find the repair manuals for 2005 scion tc tried searching here but came up with nothing thanks again.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As long as you have the Timing chain aligned correctly then it should fire right up. As far as changing the timing and ing. you'll have to have some sort of piggyback/standalone.

Dont forget to prime the oil system!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

your repair manual is gonna have to be for a toyota camery. I think the year is 2003 -2005. Unless there is one cause i cant find any haha. oh and make sure everything is correct before you put it back in cause i rebuilt mine and put it in and i have no start so now i am havbing to go and pull the motor out agiain. good luck.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the replies guys...yes i have been checking, rechecking, and just for the hell of it i'll check again hahha...anyway yamaha what do you mean just start it? would our ecu compensate for all the upgraded components now? i have the fic controller cause im turboed but all thats out right now. im just looking to put the built motor back in and fire it up to see where i stand. if it runs good if you will. anyway as stated the engine is in TDC (top dead center) so the initial timing is done am i good to go then??? thanks guys
Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionriderz
thanks for the replies guys...yes i have been checking, rechecking, and just for the hell of it i'll check again hahha...anyway yamaha what do you mean just start it? would our ecu compensate for all the upgraded components now? i have the fic controller cause im turboed but all thats out right now. im just looking to put the built motor back in and fire it up to see where i stand. if it runs good if you will. anyway as stated the engine is in TDC (top dead center) so the initial timing is done am i good to go then??? thanks guys

our timming is controlled by computer not by a distributor so yea itll fire up and run some what decent unless u have bigger injectors...
Old 09-04-2009, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks man thats what i wanted to hear.....anyone know yet where i can find our repair manuals cause im still searching for them. i tried looking for the camry one but was unsuccessful hahah thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/tech/manual/?manual=tc05_0001

eventhough its for the 2005 it should help quit a bit