Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

HELP Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Crush Automotive Customs
hey brian you need to talk to my boy marcial (aka flintmicatc) about turbochargers.com...i tried to warn him but also be supportive, he doesnt listen too good.
I am not big on bad mouthing people or companies....especially in forums...but what I have told ALL of our club members is that when you are deciding on companies to do business with especially in the Scion world really do your homework first.....that being said...and excuse my French and quoting Mr. Mathers..... but "I wouldnt pi$$ on fire to put them out" I would be more than happy to talk to him on the phone, email, or PM's though....or hell...just have him look through my build threads...and he should get a real good understanding...
Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I hear ya on that. Ther is one guy in our group that swears by turbochargers.com and mr. you know who. I took one look at his tune and crap'd my pants when i seen what was going on with his ign map. He is one lucky bastage if you ask me that he didnt blow his engine. He didnt pull any timeing at all and left the timing up to the ecu. now i have a scan gauge and so does my boy, if my scanegauge is correct then he is advancing quit a bit of timeing in boost with no meth.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i think turbochargers is fine they just need to get better people their to work, oh ive heard they have a new tuner
Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

I hear ya on that. Ther is one guy in our group that swears by turbochargers.com and mr. you know who. I took one look at his tune and crap'd my pants when i seen what was going on with his ign map. He is one lucky bastage if you ask me that he didnt blow his engine. He didnt pull any timeing at all and left the timing up to the ecu. now i have a scan gauge and so does my boy, if my scanegauge is correct then he is advancing quit a bit of timeing in boost with no meth.
I wont even go into all of my issues but....lets give you just a small sample....my fuel pressure....AT IDLE was 60psi(with 1200cc injectors)..when I got it back from him

Originally Posted by Ace83
i think turbochargers is fine they just need to get better people their to work, oh ive heard they have a new tuner
That is a fair statement..and I agree....however...if the company that these individuals work for allow this, and are ok with it going, or just look the other way while it goes on.....then in my mind they are all the same.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
yeah thats what my boy said so i hope thats the case and things are looking up for them. I hate to go into it more cause there are some that will be offended so ill let this subject die.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

. I hate to go into it more cause there are some that will be offended so ill let this subject die.
Agreed
Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa brian. that sucks. if anyone out there can help brian out they would be doing the community a great service. he truly is a stand up guy and would be the first to help a fellow sl member with anything he could.

sorry to hear about the block. im glad to hear that you moved on to another shop. only one thing i can say about a certain someone that you were dealing with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P70hbHBdl0
Old 09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

lmao
Old 09-18-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
PM SENT!

My only question would be will this work on an 06 motor since I know they made some changes on the 07 motor to improve oiling.
You can use the second gen lower block casing on the first gen block. The difference in the lower block between the two gen. is in the casting for the balancer shaft assembly housing--i'm also assuming you've eliminated your balancer shaft assembly. If you're using the ptuning main studs, you should be able to bolt the second gen. lower casting to the first gen. block with/out modification to the lower block. If you are using other main studs that protrude to far above the main stud nut, you may or need to clearance the area around the balancer shaft housing on the lower block to clear the main studs on the #2 main caps. This is the reason why we design our ptuning main studs to sit flush with the top of the main stud nut.

MrC
Old 09-18-2009, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

oh nice good to know that
Old 09-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Thanks Mr.c for the info.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont know for sure, what i do know is that i had another buyer for the lower engine but he was told by Paul over at dezod that it wouldnt work since his is an 05 and this is an 09. I do know that the oil pumps are the exact same since he got that from me and swapped out his for mine. I cant think of a good reason why it wouldnt work but its third person info so who really knows. Pm paul or Mr.c and see what the deal is and if it can work. Ill pm you price if it will work.
The two generations have different part numbers
Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Mr.c for the info.
Glad to be of help.

MrC
Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
whoa brian. that sucks. if anyone out there can help brian out they would be doing the community a great service. he truly is a stand up guy and would be the first to help a fellow sl member with anything he could.

Thank ya brother!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by MrC_Ptuning
You can use the second gen lower block casing on the first gen block. The difference in the lower block between the two gen. is in the casting for the balancer shaft assembly housing--i'm also assuming you've eliminated your balancer shaft assembly. If you're using the ptuning main studs, you should be able to bolt the second gen. lower casting to the first gen. block with/out modification to the lower block. If you are using other main studs that protrude to far above the main stud nut, you may or need to clearance the area around the balancer shaft housing on the lower block to clear the main studs on the #2 main caps. This is the reason why we design our ptuning main studs to sit flush with the top of the main stud nut.

MrC
They are ARP Mains...and yes the balancer shafts are removed
Old 09-18-2009, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM SENT!

My only question would be will this work on an 06 motor since I know they made some changes on the 07 motor to improve oiling.
dont forget that the balancing shaft is geared different too between the first gen and second. the head gasket is slightly different..... and the the oiling features are really only a deeper groove in the crank bearings. they let the oil cool and travel better through them.

and....um i think the valves are heat treated in the 07 and up. but you have a modified head sooo...

yeah not so useful but i tried.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Thanks to the unbelievable generosity of one of our club members....the part has been obtained!!! Want to thank everyone here though for helping, or trying to help me out on this....I really appreciate it!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

woot!
Old 09-19-2009, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks to the unbelievable generosity of one of our club members....the part has been obtained!!! Want to thank everyone here though for helping, or trying to help me out on this....I really appreciate it!
awesome. good luck in the upcoming time attack season.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck...if you ever need anything els just holla at me.