Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Highest HP on stock auto tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Originally Posted by 1CLNTC
Originally Posted by SoFloTC
^^ that sounds good.. i just spent 5 grand getting my professionally done by LevelTen.. lol

I made 242whp 246 wtq at 6 psi and my tranny went in about 8k miles of boost. it wasnt cool. lol.

god knows i coulda just sent it up to 12 psi for a dyno run and blown the tranny on the dyno tho lol..
How much can it sustain now? Like how much HP since the build.
mine is good for like 400whp.. the higher u go the more money it cost.

im not really looking to pass 400 whp in this car anyway..
Thats pretty nice.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
240-250whp will initially run safe for the auto tranny but it will start slipping sooner than later with a turbo. s/c'd on the other hand will be much less stress on the tranny. my tranny is stock and runs perfectly.
Yea, hes a good person to ask about the s/c, when i had my tc which i was gonna s/c i was asking about the different products, he definitely knows his stuff about s/c, so if you go S/C i would advise you to ask him any questions you have.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^thanks for the kind words .

few corrections on your post though, with the AUTO, you're not going to see 240whp tuned on 9.5 pulley..without meth injection or nitrous at least. even with meth i dont think you could achieve that on a safe tune. the auto just sucks too much out of it . the most i saw on an aggressive tune was 218whp, no meth.

and second, srt-4's...they are pretty beastly. stock srt-4 would probably still pull on a modded s/c 5 spd. so with the auto, you've got less of a chance . same thing with the cobalt SS, at least for the auto's. i think modded 5spd s/c'd guys can hang with them.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 PM

yea my buddy has an neon srt and im just sick of him claiming its the greatest thing on earth. I know its damn fast i've seen him beat charger hemi's, sti's, evos, all from a roll but the list goes on and on and he is bone stock. I am just lookin for somethin to hang with him because haha he pulls on me from a 30 roll in 3rd. its not just him though im also lookin for somethin a little more fun to drive in general without having to sell the tc.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude.. thats always going to happen.... once u start power modding.. it wont stop.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:17 AM

I know that but im not the type to keep going and going i get satisfied and then i realize that if u want speed a bike is the way to go $12,000 and over 200mph sounds like a smarter investment to me like i said i just want something to make the commute a little more fun not continual power modding.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw675
yea my buddy has an neon srt and im just sick of him claiming its the greatest thing on earth. I know its damn fast i've seen him beat charger hemi's, sti's, evos, all from a roll but the list goes on and on and he is bone stock. I am just lookin for somethin to hang with him because haha he pulls on me from a 30 roll in 3rd. its not just him though im also lookin for somethin a little more fun to drive in general without having to sell the tc.
Hes stock but probably tuned up from the stock 14psi, my cousin has one and runs 20 psi on it with stock turbo and an exhaust.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know that but im not the type to keep going and going i get satisfied and then i realize that if u want speed a bike is the way to go $12,000 and over 200mph sounds like a smarter investment to me like i said i just want something to make the commute a little more fun not continual power modding.
Personally i wouldn't go that route, i have lost a couple friends to bike accidents who chose the cheap way and the sad part it was always another motorists fault.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
^^thanks for the kind words .

few corrections on your post though, with the AUTO, you're not going to see 240whp tuned on 9.5 pulley..without meth injection or nitrous at least. even with meth i dont think you could achieve that on a safe tune. the auto just sucks too much out of it . the most i saw on an aggressive tune was 218whp, no meth.

and second, srt-4's...they are pretty beastly. stock srt-4 would probably still pull on a modded s/c 5 spd. so with the auto, you've got less of a chance . same thing with the cobalt SS, at least for the auto's. i think modded 5spd s/c'd guys can hang with them.
You can see 240whp, a buddy of mine has an auto with AEM CAI and 9.5 psi pulley and MMW header and a custom 2.5 inch exhaust tuned on the AEM FIC has that it's tuned by CFT on a mustang dyno, btw srt4's stock without being tuned up arnt that fast at all and would get beat by that setup we tried it he wen t against my cousins SRT-4 at the stock 14 psi and won by 1.5 cars he had to turn it up to about 17psi to beat him by about 1/2 a car.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:40 AM

no my buddy's srt is stock no tune or anything and it actually has a boost leak and romps like that. it's only putting out about 12psi. I just think im going to get a 135i because ill start with 300hp and go up from there as the new sti is a friggin station wagon and the evos are just way too big looking and not classy enough. Thats my only apprehension about a bike though im glad u through that out there
Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
SL Member

no my buddy's srt is stock no tune or anything and it actually has a boost leak and romps like that. it's only putting out about 12psi. I just think im going to get a 135i because ill start with 300hp and go up from there as the new sti is a friggin station wagon and the evos are just way too big looking and not classy enough. Thats my only apprehension about a bike though im glad u through that out there
Yea i hate the Sti's but the evo's are nice in my opinion.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well on 12psi he would NEVER beat my STOCK evo10 in my avatar, and the evo 9 and 8 stock for stock would beat me so, his talk about beating evos and sti's(its faster than evo 9 and 8 stock) is garbage no offense to you, but i would try with the tc its fun to be a sleeper and i have driven my friends 240 whp (238whp to be exact) and im telling you its really fun car to drive, as for the BMW i don't know much about it, but im guessing there arnt that much parts out for it and no way that out of a inline 4.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the 135i is a twin turbo 3.0 liter v6... 300hp stock RWD. its pretty nice.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM

Thank you soflo haha twin turbo in-line six and i've actually been in the car when he beat them....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVxIMINx7b4 u can find him beating a modded sti there i think exhaust and tune..although it did beat him from a roll which is kind of weird..I do agree with you though about a sleeper that would b real nice thats y im thinking maybe s/c
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Im curently working on making my tc a sleeper, specially with the cops in so cal : P I really enjoy the s/c on the auto, if your not really looking for mass power, and dont want to worry about a tune, i think the s/c is the better way to go, plus its fun pulling hard all the way to 40 mph.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pulling hard to 40 mph.. wat the heck lol
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

I have an auto tranny, and i redline at 40 mph, and it pulls the whole way down : )
Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a auto tranny ;o but i like pulling to 100 even beter
Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you soflo haha twin turbo in-line six and i've actually been in the car when he beat them....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVxIMINx7b4 u can find him beating a modded sti there i think exhaust and tune..although it did beat him from a roll which is kind of weird..I do agree with you though about a sleeper that would b real nice thats y im thinking maybe s/c
yea dude its the most amusing thing ever LOL, especially when you race a honda boy LOL i got MY k20 this tc is dumb and when u race you pull buses on him lol, and he cant figure why lol no intercooler or BOV sound and has the WTF look lol

Quick Reply: Highest HP on stock auto tranny