Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

How much hp?.... TRD S/C etc..

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll see a noticeable increase in power, feel, and look of your car. I don't have exact numbers.

After you put in the supercharger and follow the list I posted, you'll probably be running 200-210 at the wheels.

And if you're in Texas, do not get the stainless steel **** from TWM. You'll brand a TWM logo into your palm.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i dont understand why people are suggesting that he upgrades the clutch and the flywheel. This is an automatic, there is no clutch or flywheel.

Upgrade your torque converter if you want a fast drag car.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just want 2 b faster my auto is slow as f*** and i need speed and i have 6000 2 do it with lol. w/o voiding warrenty
Old 03-01-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by zucc
i just want 2 b faster my auto is slow as f*** and i need speed and i have 6000 2 do it with lol. w/o voiding warrenty
the only thing that you can safely do is wait for the auto fit kit to come out, and then buy the TRD Supercharger.

Anything can CAN void your warranty.

Besides the engine, you should get a pair of stickier tires, sway bars, and a lowering kit.

thats about all you can do if you want to make sure none of your warrantys are voided.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh for ____s sake, that was a brainfart.

yea, no flywheel for you.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok well i dont care about exaust warrenty
only thing i care about is engine warrenty
Old 03-02-2006, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel the need to step in and remind all of us (perhaps to some this will be new and surprising) that adding after market parts or modifications doesn't Void your warranty. This only happens if it is determined that the part or modification caused a problem that the dealer is investigating/servicing. This is a law to protect us consumers from the dealer refusing to cover repairs under warranty on say, your transmission, because you added some aftermarket headlights that burned a wire.

So, in that case... consider a quality turbo kit and other high-quality parts even if they modify warrantied parts because chances are if you install them right and take care of your car you won't have a warranty issue in the forseeable future.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Jaski21
I feel the need to step in and remind all of us (perhaps to some this will be new and surprising) that adding after market parts or modifications doesn't Void your warranty. This only happens if it is determined that the part or modification caused a problem that the dealer is investigating/servicing. This is a law to protect us consumers from the dealer refusing to cover repairs under warranty on say, your transmission, because you added some aftermarket headlights that burned a wire.

So, in that case... consider a quality turbo kit and other high-quality parts even if they modify warrantied parts because chances are if you install them right and take care of your car you won't have a warranty issue in the forseeable future.
with that being said. no one on this site has had a turbocharged car for 3 years or 36k miles, so we really dont know whats going to pass the warranty test and what isnt.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey bro, if you want the easy way out...sell the auto and use the 6g's to buy a new manual :-D
Old 03-02-2006, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or i could just buy a new transmission for 4 grand
Old 03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
Originally Posted by Jaski21

with that being said. no one on this site has had a turbocharged car for 3 years or 36k miles, so we really dont know whats going to pass the warranty test and what isnt.
Also, I have seen dealers use any excuse they can, such as blaming a CAI for a rod bearing spinning and not warrantying the vehicle. Complete bs.. but the fight is still going after months and in the meantime the guy had to shell out some dough to get covered. So be careful what you do, I have seen my father gain a lot of new customers due to their dealers blaming the stupidest stuff in the world on items so they dont have to warranty. My favorite is 3 or 4 cases (At different dealers) where they convinced the customer it was not under warranty, charged them... then later someone who knows the service manager finds out that they still submitted it for warranty... so they were paid by both the manufacturer and the customer. Just make sure to know your stuff when you modify anything so they cant pull stuff over you. Trust me, there are plenty of people that will try to screw you were they can.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks ill b sure to know that so ahh i try to find stuff for the tc to get more hw and yet i cant because it seems like everything voids the warrenty
Old 03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ no, it doesnt "void" the warranty. You just have to make sure the dealer doesnt try to refuse service by blaming a part you installed. Usually this should be pretty easy to do since the burden of proof lies on them. But, in the case of the spun bearing I mentioned they kind of bullied the guy into paying for now by giving him a "discount" they would pull back if he lost the fight... I still think he should be able to get his money back if he continues to fight it though. They key though in modifying your car is to always do your research and know how it all works so you dont do anything that will damage your car, and will know if the dealer is trying to pull something over on you.

NEVER trust the vendor or manufacturer of parts 100% to tell you of any ill effects or even the true numbers. If you are going to mod, it is worth the time to learn how the system works. That knowledge will help you make more sound decisions and catch any misinformation that you may recieve if there are issues.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattvs
I recommend the stainless steel piping and high flow cat with resonater. This will run you $750. It will look good, sound good, and flow well.
That exhaust is overpriced..

Save yourself $450 and get the megan catback exhaust.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

wuts up with the megan group buy 2?