Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I don't know, but lately the AUTO guys are doing it

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 10:17 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

From peteyD himself:

As some of you know I have a prototype ZPI kit it was somehwere between stage 0 and stage 1

If he infact has a stage 1, it makes the Dezod kit look that much better. Because that means a Dezod kit puts out more power than a ZPI Stage 1.

Either way, either kit....thats alot of power for an auto.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
From peteyD himself:

As some of you know I have a prototype ZPI kit it was somehwere between stage 0 and stage 1

If he infact has a stage 1, it makes the Dezod kit look that much better. Because that means a Dezod kit puts out more power than a ZPI Stage 1.

Either way, either kit....thats alot of power for an auto.

PeteyD put down that much with an Auto. As I mentioned to you in the PM..It was a used-first-prototype designed Stage 1 kit. Your comparison is a little off if your comparing a first design Prototype vs. a Production Kit. That's a little skewed don't you think? If you want to compare, then it would be Production Kit vs. Production Kit. Which PeteyD's is NOT the production kit.

If you could find the part where is mods are listed during the 222whp run, that would be great. He should chime in and shed some light, as I'm curious to know as well. But I am pretty sure that 220ish whp on 5 PSI is pretty much to be expected coming from an Auto tC.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
he had his exhaust his most recent dyno when he put down 222.

I just went back to the thread where he recorded the 222whp run. The thread is dated 5/29/06. I'm not 100% positive if he had more than the TRD axel back at the point, but I'm leaning towards him NOT having a full exhaust when he made those #'s. It was so long ago, that I can't remember. But I kinda think all he had was the axel back to make up his exhaust section.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:40 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The MOD list was from the thread where I got the quote from above. And with the kit he has, whether it be production or not, actually only gave him 214.5 HP and 196.1tq. That was with stock exhaust, front mount intercooler, and engine management at 4.9 PSI.

Still I am not saying this is bad. I am just saying it is what 13 WHP lower than Dezods. Although all dynos are different, so this is a DUMB comparrison.

Pretty much I am extremely bored because my wife is at work and this is the only active thread today, so I am putting my .02 in
Old 07-23-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I just PM'ed Petey to see what he had at the time, and what he has now.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:42 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will check back later rhythym. Wife is home and wants to go get drinks. Later on dude.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The MOD list was from the thread where I got the quote from above. And with the kit he has, whether it be production or not, actually only gave him 214.5 HP and 196.1tq. That was with stock exhaust, front mount intercooler, and engine management at 4.9 PSI.

Still I am not saying this is bad. I am just saying it is what 13 WHP lower than Dezods. Although all dynos are different, so this is a DUMB comparrison.

Pretty much I am extremely bored because my wife is at work and this is the only active thread today, so I am putting my .02 in

Did he have his exhaust specs in the thread? I'm trying to find it. And where did the 214.5whp/196.1tq come from?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

But yeah, I agree. All kinda factors would come into play when doing dyno comparisons. Dyno itself, atmospheric pressure, temperature, humidity.....etc.. Now if it was like say a 30whp difference, then we have something to talk about...

Also, I wonder how much his (peteyd's) #'s were effected by the exhaust leak from his manifold he had during the time of this 222whp run. I know it effects the Boost levels, just wondering about possible whp loss.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow all this fuss over lil ole me

1.im a/t so please dont confuse for a m/t
2. my kit is a prototype bought from a cat who lived in cincinnati. so please dont compare it a production kit.
3. my kit orginally conisisted of evo3 16g, ZPIracing 22x9x3 Intercooler, 2.5" downpipe, 2.5" spipe, intake, and all the other lil knick nacks.
4. I have since upgarded to a full fledge stage 1. I now have 550cc injectors and greddy emanage tuned by the master himself Kenny Strickler, the tuen was done here in houston so it is accurate, and flex lite transmission cooler.
5. my exhaust is custom 2.5" mandaral(?) bent exhaust that looks like a TRD but isnt. the muffler is from a SVT cobra according to my muffler shop. So I am full 2.5" from downpipe to exhuast.
6.the 214whp/196ftlbs was on stock exhuast and no tune. the 222whp/206ftlbs was done with 2.5" exhast and tuning with an exhuast leak. It may be a lil bit higher since i now have the ehxuast leak fixed. my only issue now is that i have a blown strut.

Once I get the sturt fixed I and gauges finally installed properly I will up the boost to 8lbs and see what I get.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Yea but whos cars running? Sorry PeteyD..

HEY! im running....just kinda sorta limping at the current time but not for long!!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if all goes well hopefully jeff and I will be running each other by september we arent TOO far away from each other just a few hours(3-4) so we shall see but I do talk to jeff on a regualr basis very cool guy much respect for him...we are in 2 differnt worlds im more in to the performance area hes more into the show area. but we still want to run for fun i had mad respect for him especially what he plans on doing.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
well if all goes well hopefully jeff and I will be running each other by september we arent TOO far away from each other just a few hours(3-4) so we shall see but I do talk to jeff on a regualr basis very cool guy much respect for him...we are in 2 differnt worlds im more in to the performance area hes more into the show area. but we still want to run for fun i had mad respect for him especially what he plans on doing.
much props on them comments y0

I dyno'd on 8lbs but i wont say what it made....
Old 07-23-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jefffff!!! youve been pm'd :D
Old 07-23-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I see you got my PM PeteyD. Thanks for wagering in on this.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:48 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Did he have his exhaust specs in the thread? I'm trying to find it. And where did the 214.5whp/196.1tq come from?
That was his initial dyno with the kit and 2.5" exhuast. His new exhuast said something like 3 inch (i think) custom. I think thats what it said. He has a graph up of the 214.5
Old 07-23-2006, 02:50 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by peteyd
Originally Posted by zer0
Yea but whos cars running? Sorry PeteyD..

HEY! im running....just kinda sorta limping at the current time but not for long!!
I still have those struts for sale that I offered ya
Old 07-23-2006, 02:51 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

[quote="Nick06tC"]

That was his initial dyno with the kit and 2.5" exhuast. His new exhuast said something like 3 inch (i think) custom. I think thats what it said. He has a graph up of the 214.5
I stand corrected. Peteyd posted what he has.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

[quote="Nick06tC"]

I stand corrected. Peteyd posted what he has.

Your late Nick....LOL. He had an exhaust leak as well during the run, so there goes the comparison right out the door. We need another Auto ZPI powered car to compare now. But I think the "220ish whp is to be expected on 5 PSI" statement I made is pretty accurate, giving the two examples whe have to go buy (318_tC, and PetyeD's leaky exhaust dyno...LOL). Maybe PeteyD should setup a "Get my car re-dynoed" fund through pay pal, so we can see his new #'s.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:59 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah I noticed after I posted. The beer ran good tonight
Old 07-23-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^well, I'm off to the local racer hot spot to chill and see who is going to throw down the gauntlet. Later peps..

Quick Reply: I don't know, but lately the AUTO guys are doing it