Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Wouldn't you trade it?
Nah, bro.. I wouldn't
54.05%
Hell yea- Hit da' shyt, son!
45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

I NEED HELP QUICK! WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'd say keep the tC - 32k miles on a SRT4 is a lot already. You have less than half that on mileage.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

American ...want to be import muscle....
I can't stand that car haha...
On a lighter note...
I once got offered a almost brand new 2006 2500 Silverado in white and raised for my car and an extra 5 grand...but she didnt like how it was stick.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:04 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
i also heard that guys who drive neons ar 53% more likley to contract genital herpes...

you dont want herpes, do you???
Genital?... um... I hear those just itch occasionlly, but aren't always present, in which I don't mind.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
SL Member

DAMN_ I just re-read my first post (which I already edited), and it didnt make ANY sense!! Why didn't you guys tell me I f**ked that up so bad?! you people are messed up!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AngrySnail
DAMN_ I just re-read my first post (which I already edited), and it didnt make ANY sense!! Why didn't you guys tell me I f**ked that up so bad?! you people are messed up!
We're just used to it now turbo your tC!!!! you know tC stands for Turbo Charged, right?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 PM
SL Member

Wouldn't you trade it?
Nah, bro.. I wouldn't
41% [ 5 ]
Hell yea- Hit da' shyt, son!
58% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 12

....odd, but this thread is kinda contradictory_ JEez...
Old 04-13-2007, 10:24 PM
SL Member

For those of you who were following along, and might actually be curious as to what "THEY" think...
I posted this same thread on an SRT site (it's my 1st and only thread, relax)-
Here's what they said..

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347568
Old 04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those of you who were following along, and might actually be curious as to what "THEY" think...
Here's what they said..

HAHA!!! Thats funny to see how the "others" see it. Hmm, so it seems SRT owners don't appear to be as happy with their cars as us tC guys. Welcome back snail!! Thought we lost ya there for a second!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="dziuniek"]Nope, wouldn't do it. Hate neons.

Reliability is supposedly crap, unlike your toyota.

The car is older too.

Is the warranty (you said it's still in place) transferable to a new owner?[/quote

there's a reason srt4s arnt made anymore, they cost dodge so much money in warrantees cuz they blow up.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Only dodge i'd probably trade for my tc...is most likely this...

Only because they look so damn MEAN!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Here's what they said..

HAHA!!! Thats funny to see how the "others" see it. Hmm, so it seems SRT owners don't appear to be as happy with their cars as us tC guys. Welcome back snail!! Thought we lost ya there for a second!
Thank you, thank you... and between us, I said some stuff i didn't mean like "I'm not not buying because it's a NEON" just to get them to open up and spill some stuff instead of being 'GO-Toyot'a (which even they favor), and get really nasty and dishonest opinions just to defend their line.

Thanks again Jrod- You'll be hearing from me in no-time, back in "FI" section of this site_
Old 04-13-2007, 10:57 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ty_Max
Only dodge i'd probably trade for my tc...is most likely this...

Only because they look so damn MEAN!
B, ... in a heartbeat
Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 PM
SL Member

[quote="redwar1441"]
Originally Posted by dziuniek
Nope, wouldn't do it. Hate neons.

The car is older too.

Is the warranty (you said it's still in place) transferable to a new owner?[/quote

there's a reason srt4s arnt made anymore, they cost dodge so much money in warrantees cuz they blow up.
o contraire ma frere.... There's an 08 on it's way (or so I read somewhere on their site)
Old 04-13-2007, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="AngrySnail"]
Originally Posted by redwar1441
Originally Posted by dziuniek
Nope, wouldn't do it. Hate neons.

The car is older too.

o contraire ma frere.... There's an 08 on it's way (or so I read somewhere on their site)

yes with a mitsubishi/hyundai motor
Old 04-14-2007, 03:16 PM
SL Member

Have you guys seen the results for the poll though?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dodge is on its way down. Toyota... self explanitory.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

do it, you'll never get another offer like this, plus, you can use the extra cash to tune the srt,its the best deal ever,hands down,bar none,do not decline the offer
Old 04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by HawianstylexA
do it, you'll never get another offer like this, plus, you can use the extra cash to tune the srt,its the best deal ever,hands down,bar none,do not decline the offer
I would have said the same thing when I was your age. There's more to owning a car than how fast it goes.

I took some time to find more information on the Neon SRT-4. It seems as though the engine is actually manufactured by Mitsubishi so it is probably a decent engine. Then again it's had work and probably been driven hard.

Valuewise the trade would be almost even based on a "good" rating using kbb.com. I like the way they look but I've never ridden in one. My biggest concern would be that it was Dodge's entry level car. It's the cheap model to just have people in a Dodge if they can't afford anything else. It's not that they are bad cars but manufacturers cut corners anywhere they can to get the price down.

Check out some reviews:
http://www.carreview.com/cat/automob...4_1531crx.aspx

I still have a gut feeling that it wouldn't be a good trade but it's not as bad as I first thought. The biggest things I think you should be concerned with is the engine and transmission and all the other parts that it has in common with every other Neon.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by chadfo
I would have said the same thing when I was your age. There's more to owning a car than how fast it goes.

I took some time to find more information on the Neon SRT-4. It seems as though the engine is actually manufactured by Mitsubishi so it is probably a decent engine. Then again it's had work and probably been driven hard.

Valuewise the trade would be almost even based on a "good" rating using kbb.com. I like the way they look but I've never ridden in one. My biggest concern would be that it was Dodge's entry level car. It's the cheap model to just have people in a Dodge if they can't afford anything else. It's not that they are bad cars but manufacturers cut corners anywhere they can to get the price down.

Check out some reviews:

I still have a gut feeling that it wouldn't be a good trade but it's not as bad as I first thought. The biggest things I think you should be concerned with is the engine and transmission and all the other parts that it has in common with every other Neon.
Chad,
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to look this up, and still being interested in helping me sort my quarter-life crisis.
To everyone on this site who's never driven/owned one, it's just a NEON, but after researching, and thoroughly reading through articles, reviews, ect, you find that these cars are not Neons at all. A vast majority of their internals, and the engine alone is not of a Neon. They coincidentally also have a 2.4 which as opposed to a "NEON" has a 2.0, you realize it's not JUSt a Neon with a turbo slammed in, and then sold to the American just to see what happends. Worst case scenario, I'd end replacing the transmission (and that horrible shifter) and costing me at most, $2000. I look at this way: the money is going to be spent anyway. SRT4 for $15k and maybe replacing a $2000 tran, or my $17k (it's my pay off)TC and a $5.5k dollar turbo kit to get the same power I'd get from the SRT4. I'm trying to be as logical as possible and open to all possibilities...
I'll be honest, out all of the replies i've gotten from this thread, your first one hit me the hardest . "Don't let short term speed cloud your judgement. You'll be buying into trouble and it'll cost you later." Those words have been bouncing in and out of my thoughts from the moment I read it.. "____, short term speed.... that's exactly what this is. Let me just hold off"-

I don't know if you've seen this-

...the car is hard to resist.
HAve you seen the link to his autotrader ad?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by chadfo

Check out some reviews:

I actually just raced a tC against an SRT-4 in that Midnight club Dub edition Remix
and relized that the tC is much quicker when worked on, though im not sure how accurate the game is, im gonna change my mind and say keep the tC

Quick Reply: I NEED HELP QUICK! WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO?!