Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I Wanna Go Boosted

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 05:44 AM

Default I Wanna Go Boosted

So yea like the title says i wanna go boosted and want the greddy kit but they only make it for the 05-06 tc's and i have an 07 tc but i wanna know what is the difference between the 05-06 and the 07-08 and if i got the greddy kit what would i need to get to make it work for my 07 tc thanks in advance =p
Old 08-18-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

http://www.dezod.com/pd_force_fed_concepts.cfm
or any of the other dezod turbo kits for the 07 is probably a better choice because they KNOW the tC in and out!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya the greddy kit isnt one of the better kits to get for the tC. I would suggest either Dezod or Treadstone.

Btw, the difference between 05-06 and 07-08 is the MAF sensor on the intake. The 07-08 have a different MAF sensor so if you try putting on an 05-06 intake, the MAF wont fit into the slot.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to Ptuning, they have an 07 MAF end pipe for the 07-08s and it's roughly 125bucks!

Another good thing about Greddy is it's well engineered, cheap (2695), looks nice, the engine management id pretuned and no cutting of the bumper required for the FMIC, (you only need a clean oil pan from a junkyard and have a shop weld an oil pipe fitting in for 50bucks (junk yards actually do it for 10bucks!)

Also, you need a boost gauge(required) and A/F gauge (opt.) and and don't forget the EM harness from Dezod (so you don't have to cut and solder)

The GReddy kit is actually a pretty nice kit built by real engineers and is the same price alternative for an 07 S/C kit. (you might need to change the rubber connectors after a year though.) Overall, the best kit for the tC if you're not going to the 450WHP range.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yooooo cnay you live in Jacksonville, too????? AND you're going boosted?!?! SWEEEEET!!! i'm like... the only one in jacksonville besides you lmao. darn... you're taking away my exclusivity drop me a PM my friend and i'll give you a hand with your F/I hopes and dreams! haha finally someone in jacksonville that wants to actually modify their tC!

-matt
Old 08-20-2007, 05:41 AM

thanks for the info yall
Old 08-20-2007, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by forpinks
Go to Ptuning, they have an 07 MAF end pipe for the 07-08s and it's roughly 125bucks!

Another good thing about Greddy is it's well engineered, cheap (2695), looks nice, the engine management id pretuned
greddy is not well engineered, its a cookie cutter kit that is mass produced so its not giving the individual attention liek if you order from any of the scion specialized turbo kits like dezod or treatstone or TT.. those guys know the ins and outs of our cars and they actually own one or two.. so id actually trust them over a greddy kit.. theres a reason why its so cheap.. you gotta remember the old saying... cheap, realiable, fast.. pick two and move on.. in the end.. any kit you get would be great.. get a good tune for your climate.. gauges are always good.. and read up as much as you can instead of making 3028309 threads like some other people.. everyone who is on the F/I section is pretty helpful and knowledgeable.. happy boosting
Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
yooooo cnay you live in Jacksonville, too????? AND you're going boosted?!?! SWEEEEET!!! i'm like... the only one in jacksonville besides you lmao. darn... you're taking away my exclusivity drop me a PM my friend and i'll give you a hand with your F/I hopes and dreams! haha finally someone in jacksonville that wants to actually modify their tC!

-matt
Theres a couple in JAX thats boosted
Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another good thing about Greddy is it's well engineered, cheap (2695), looks nice, the engine management id pretuned and no cutting of the bumper required for the FMIC, (you only need a clean oil pan from a junkyard and have a shop weld an oil pipe fitting in for 50bucks (junk yards actually do it for 10bucks!)

Also, you need a boost gauge(required) and A/F gauge (opt.) and and don't forget the EM harness from Dezod (so you don't have to cut and solder)

The GReddy kit is actually a pretty nice kit built by real engineers and is the same price alternative for an 07 S/C kit. (you might need to change the rubber connectors after a year though.) Overall, the best kit for the tC if you're not going to the 450WHP range.
Wow, it sounds like your actually speaking from experience! To bad your not.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by jaxtcracer

-matt
Theres a couple in JAX thats boosted
like? nobody here from the forums i dont think. i've never seen any other modded tCs around here, just stockers. who else in jax is boosted?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^LOL he was talking about himself
Old 08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Listen, if u want the GReddy kit, get the GReddy kit. Turbo Toyotas is good and so is Dezod. But go with ur gut. I'd tell u not to get a ZPI kit, those are cheap, but to say GReddy is not well engineered when they are one of the biggest leading turbo manufacturers around is silly... I have the GReddy kit, its cheap because the basic kit does not come with fuel management, a BOV or larger injectors. Once u buy that, its not so "cheap" any more. Just find a shop that knows what they are doing, not some "mechanic" who knows how to read instructions.

I'm happy with my GReddy kit, I'm currently producing 272 WHP and 272 lb tq @ 7 psi and 5500RPM, and its still running very rich on fuel. I'm goin for over 300 but I still have to change my fuel pump and get a boost controller and maybe even a fuel return line.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also say the Greddy kit is not a bad kit at all. Have not heard many problems if any at all after install, and it is a proven company for many many years. Quality of product is there, and you cannot go wrong. As Vinnie said, 272 whp @ 7 pounds is great! Greddy kits are made to build on. They give u a great starting format, and then you can add parts and pieces to add power...similar to any other kit on the market. You cannot go wrong with the Greddy kit.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcnu_702
I also say the Greddy kit is not a bad kit at all. Have not heard many problems if any at all after install, and it is a proven company for many many years. Quality of product is there, and you cannot go wrong. As Vinnie said, 272 whp @ 7 pounds is great! Greddy kits are made to build on. They give u a great starting format, and then you can add parts and pieces to add power...similar to any other kit on the market. You cannot go wrong with the Greddy kit.
I heard the exact opposite not too long ago, from another (possibly former) GReddy owner. They said that it was difficult to upgrade the performance of the GReddy kit because of the limitations of the turbo, internal wastegate, manifold not supporting external wastegates, and similar types of things. I don't really know who to believe about the GReddy kit, since it seems like most everyone has something invested either way, but I can't imagine GReddy would stay in business too long if they made kits that were total junk. Even a big company can plunge into the toilets from a few bad products.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The GReddy 18G turbo is good for 400WHP so as far as upgrades go u just need a shop that knows what they are doing. Like MY shop, who got me 272WHP with only 7psi... of course to get that I had a few modifications to the turbo kit, which pretty much says u are NOT limited with the kit, as far as manifold limitations, any professional shop can easily make a bigger manifold if u needed one...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC Mitsu/GReddy turbo is bigger than the 16Gs of the monster EVOs, its 18G.

Also, If you're getting it, be sure not to get the packaged EM if you're getting tuned, instead get a BOV, and ask Dezod about an AEM fuel igniton controller with a harness and 550cc injectors to make the best of the Greddy kit...

Oh, and my friend told me to get extra silicone couplers because the ones that come with it turns bad after 10K miles or so...
Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC Mitsu/GReddy turbo is bigger than the 16Gs of the monster EVOs, its 18G.

Also, If you're getting it, be sure not to get the packaged EM if you're getting tuned, instead get a BOV, and ask Dezod about an AEM fuel igniton controller with a harness and 550cc injectors to make the best of the Greddy kit...

Oh, and my friend told me to get extra silicone couplers because the ones that come with it turns bad after 10K miles or so...
Um...except for the fact that if you get the fuel management packager from greddy, it comes pretuned and will run good, whereas if you get the AEM, you have to get it tuned before it will even run. And it seems like alot of tuners are still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the AEM.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"be sure not to get the packaged EM if you're getting tuned"

I typed that... (I say GReddy tuned it pretty nice since they run that setup on their test tC...)
Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
^^LOL he was talking about himself

Dude, your full of wrong info everywere i turn!

I Live far away from jax. Life dosnt revolve around SL. Theres a couple turbonetics tC's in JAX, and some others. Check the other 6 scion forums
Old 08-22-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"be sure not to get the packaged EM if you're getting tuned"

I typed that... (I say GReddy tuned it pretty nice since they run that setup on their test tC...)
What? I know you typed that. I'm saying you don't know what your talking about.
Now you are saying it's OK? WTF?

Quick Reply: I Wanna Go Boosted