Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I Wanna Go Boosted

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by Menace
^^LOL he was talking about himself

Dude, your full of wrong info everywere i turn!

I Live far away from jax. Life dosnt revolve around SL. Theres a couple turbonetics tC's in JAX, and some others. Check the other 6 scion forums
I thought you were in Jax, you didn't have to hurt my feelings now...
Old 08-23-2007, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say pick up one of the many used stage 0 zpi kits for sale
Old 08-23-2007, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Why would you want to? Not only were they not all that to begin with, but if anything were to go wrong you will have no support what so ever.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Umm, if u get the Emanage Blue that the kit comes with, ur car will run fine with the right tune (take my car for instance).
Like I keep saying, get a pro to do the work, not some random joe shmo...
Old 08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ViNNiE_NB
Umm, if u get the Emanage Blue that the kit comes with, ur car will run fine with the right tune (take my car for instance).
Like I keep saying, get a pro to do the work, not some random joe shmo...
The Stage 0 from ZPI doesn't (or didn't, now) come with an Emanage at all. Neither does the GReddy. They're options but not really a part of the kit.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My fault. I didn't mean to say that it comes with the kit, I know its an option, like I stated in an earlier post. But I was referring to it as appose to anything else because its preprogrammed and u will be fine with it. Its made FOR the GReddy kit. If u want to have no problems, spend the extra money, at LEAST get the fuel management, injectors, and BOV. Change the silicone like others stated, I'm using T-Clamps. A lot of people seem to want a turbo but don't seem to wanna spend more then $3000, which is real stupid. U get what u pay for, sure u can get a nice boost in HP for $3000, but don't expect it to last too long...
Old 08-23-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought Greddy was Unichip tuned
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only kit I know of that's Unichip tuned is the Turbonetics. I'm sure you could get any kit Unichip tuned, but out of the box, all the other kits run no engine management, or the GReddy eManage.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

U can get any kit Unichipped but u just have to find somebody that can tune it because u have to be a certified Unichip tuner.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcnu_702
I also say the Greddy kit is not a bad kit at all. Have not heard many problems if any at all after install, and it is a proven company for many many years. Quality of product is there, and you cannot go wrong. As Vinnie said, 272 whp @ 7 pounds is great! Greddy kits are made to build on. They give u a great starting format, and then you can add parts and pieces to add power...similar to any other kit on the market. You cannot go wrong with the Greddy kit.

You didn't do to much searching did you before you made that statement. The GReddy kits have a problem with the WG getting stuck, and blowning tC motors. There were quite a few more than meets the eye.

And keep in mind, dyno's vary, and so do tC's. One car making 272whp @ 7 lbs is not going to be the standard for every GReddy powered tC.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know about the wastegate issue, I checked my wastegate before the install and its fine. The setup I have is not gonna blow my engine (unless the wategate gets stuck later on which I haven't heard of, the cases I heard about were people who did not realize they had already installed a bad WG). I have taken other precautions to insure the reliability of my motor. I know dyno's vary, I used a dyno dynamics, which is one of the more accurate dyno's. And the basic GReddy kit will get u no where near 272WHP & 272lb tq, I modified my kit a little...
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yea and I want to say thanks to Rythme for feeding my turbo craving. While I was away in Florida for a week I was having my turbo installed @ home in NY. I was DYIN to get back home so all week I was watchin YouTube videos of turbo tC's and I watched a couple of ur vids a few times to satisfy my urges lol.

Thanks for the vids!!
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I know about the wastegate issue, I checked my wastegate before the install and its fine. The setup I have is not gonna blow my engine (unless the wategate gets stuck later on which I haven't heard of, the cases I heard about were people who did not realize they had already installed a bad WG). I have taken other precautions to insure the reliability of my motor. I know dyno's vary, I used a dyno dynamics, which is one of the more accurate dyno's. And the basic GReddy kit will get u no where near 272WHP & 272lb tq, I modified my kit a little...

I wasn't saying yours was going to blow. I said it's just seems common, and one should check the WG out or have it checked out before installing the GReddy kit. If you modified the kit to get those #'s, then you should convey that to people instead of implying that is what the kit comes with out of the box. Just a tad bit misleading...

I thought those #'s were a little inflated for just 7 PSI, you modified it, so that explains things better...

PS...just a little fyi, Stage 0's are as reliable as any other turbo kit on the market. To bad you can't get one anymore.

And I think it was forpinks who had mentioned about not getting one from someone, because "there was not tech support" for it. Once you go turbo, they all have the same issues, and problems should something arise. If that was the case, then I couldn't help my friend with his Dezod kit, or help another guy with questions about his turbo.....all because I had a different kit (ZPI Stage 1). Which makes no sense, because turbo problems are just that....turbo problems. They are not KIT specific, unless its something real significant with that particular kit, like a WG getting stuck (GReddy).
Old 08-23-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh yea and I want to say thanks to Rythme for feeding my turbo craving. While I was away in Florida for a week I was having my turbo installed @ home in NY. I was DYIN to get back home so all week I was watchin YouTube videos of turbo tC's and I watched a couple of ur vids a few times to satisfy my urges lol.

Thanks for the vids!!

LOL....Hey No problem man. I'm doing the same thing you just described, but only in the 350z world.... I keep watching Twin Turbo 350z vids, exhaust vids, etc...

I think I have found my exhaust for the Z..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...00b1859cf5.htm

PS....sorry for the thread jack.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like both greddy and zpi kits... my friend has a greddy kit on his tc and making 270/272 ....he is tuned.. but overall the greddy kit i think was a good design.. placement of turbo nice and low ram manifold...greddys kit was not garbage.. ive seen zpis kit and its also a good kit also.. people who blow their motors usually blow because they dont check their parts or do the maintenance to the car or parts... i know plenty of people who have greddy kits and zpi kits and have been running their normal settings from the kit manf. and the cars run great...every kit needs a tune but once your done with that.. your good to go.. and as long as you dont go boost hungry and up the psi more then the stock motor can handle ( then ur good ) which is another common reason why a motor blows .... irresponsability..
Old 08-23-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly, stock motor could handle about 14 or 15 psi, I'm lookin to run 10psi in the future. I don't want more than 350WHP, this is my daily driver. (Until I buy somethin else...)
Old 08-23-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Cool. 350whp is good.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think stock internals could handle that much, 12psi would be pushing it. I've heard of people blowing motors at 10psi
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Once again, blowin the motor because of various upkeeps or tunes they did not get. I KNOW somebody who was running 15 psi @350WHP with no problems on their stock motor. They have since worked their engine and have 400+ at the moment...
Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
I don't think stock internals could handle that much, 12psi would be pushing it. I've heard of people blowing motors at 10psi

Stock internals will handle 14 PSI with a good tune. It's about the Tune, not about the PSI for the most part. Unless you are talking about a ridiculous amount of boost like 18-20 on a stock motor. No tune is going to help you there.

Quick Reply: I Wanna Go Boosted