Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

im about to buy a 07 tc supercharged, if i raise boost.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Well Said!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Well Said!
who... me or icenine?... lol
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Both!

But From my experience... T/C spanks S/C in EVERYTHING... and with the oil seal issues, killing the warranty for any reasonable HP, and watching a Turbo xB take a S/C tC... it solidifies the fact that unless you want just a lil' boost for daily driving at a high premium.. that the S/C is not the way to go for significant power.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

has anyone financed the SC through a bank?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member

i got my s/c finaced thru the bank as i was signing the papers for my car and i was good to go when the truck deleivered the car in june
Old 09-18-2006, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Both!

But From my experience... T/C spanks S/C in EVERYTHING... and with the oil seal issues, killing the warranty for any reasonable HP, and watching a Turbo xB take a S/C tC... it solidifies the fact that unless you want just a lil' boost for daily driving at a high premium.. that the S/C is not the way to go for significant power.
Well, I wouldn't go THAT far (yet)... You CAN get significant power out of the SC - I think the problem is that we're all learning about what works and what doesn't work with it modwise... AND working around TRD's flawed design.

After my latest tune, even with belt slippage and my water/meth resevoir being empty, I still managed 250WHP and around 225tq. That's not insignificant by any stretch, and the supporting mods required to get there aren't horrendous... Basically a pulley, water/meth, headers/exhaust, emanage and camgears.

The F-trim vortech unit that TRD is using *IS* a decent unit, and is good for up to 475whp on its own (but you certainly won't see THAT anytime soon on a tC without a redesign). Personally, I prefer Superchargers over Turbochargers because of how they deliver power and not necessarily how much total power they can deliver. I don't hate turbos though.

It's about how much work you are willing to do (or, um, how much money you're willing to spend) to get to the power range you want. My target is 300whp with the SC. I know i'll get there, It's just a matter of figuring out which combination of mods will get me there and waiting for paydays to come around There's PLENTY of options, it's just time, money, and trying to keep my wife's foot out of my posterior for doing it all.

Getting a Turbocharged tC to 300whp is going to be fairly trivial It's going to take less work and less money since you won't have to experiment like I do. There's many proven combinations that will work. As for being a "sage", there's definitely a person who's far more sage-like than I am. When someone asked in a thread what it would take to make a tC a 12 second daily driver, his answer was "Money".

All of this just goes to show that there is a VERY fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".
Old 09-18-2006, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

We never did hear about whether or not the original thread creator got his money back for the SC.

Due to the redesign of the intake manifold and valvetrain, the engine is new enough to not work with the 06 SC. But, hey, we got some more NA power out of that engine, which is good.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

YEA! 1 more HP! LoL - I really don't get why they did that... Aftermarket is now just barely catching up
Old 09-18-2006, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Better fuel economy, too. Plus, now it shares more parts with the RAV4 motor, so costs didn't have to go up.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kocho333
...yea there isnt supposed to be a blower for the 07....hope ur not gettin ripped.....n no trd will not warranty a 9.5lb boost upgrade....so wherever u get it done...make sure u have a connection first....

I just want to know where you got your info of the 07 Tc supercharger will not have a blower. I just want to know more about it.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

well, I AM COMMITED to the supercharger route. I already have headers and a 2.5 exhaust. I am starting to hear that headers will void my warrenty. having headers may start a fight, but good luck to the dealer that trys to blame my header if the blower fails (yeah it was the lack of backpressure that destroys engines, ha!). IceNine says he got to 250, which would be a DREAM for me. I have an auto, so with the blower and an intake, I hope to hit just 200!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
well, I AM COMMITED to the supercharger route. I already have headers and a 2.5 exhaust. I am starting to hear that headers will void my warrenty. having headers may start a fight, but good luck to the dealer that trys to blame my header if the blower fails (yeah it was the lack of backpressure that destroys engines, ha!). IceNine says he got to 250, which would be a DREAM for me. I have an auto, so with the blower and an intake, I hope to hit just 200!
I hope you hit 190 ...hehe. From what I hear ....thats a good projection for an automatic.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

the changes were also done cuase its now at the next lowest level of emissions.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default TRD SUPERCHARGER

I am a parts rep and A/M rep for my dealership and I deal with TRD often. I have a 2007 tC also and I called TRD. They told me there working on it and it will be out soon. Double check on that before they dealership makes a huge mistake and you have to deal with that hastle.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
I hope you hit 190 ...hehe. From what I hear ....thats a good projection for an automatic.
groan... i know... BELIEVE me I am reading the auto sc threads (176whp stock dyno)... i hope that my modding can take me that next level... much like icenine, i wont be denied!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

well the 176hp dyno was also a little on the shady side....
Old 09-18-2006, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: TRD SUPERCHARGER

Originally Posted by CaJuN_tC_2007
I am a parts rep and A/M rep for my dealership and I deal with TRD often. I have a 2007 tC also and I called TRD. They told me there working on it and it will be out soon. Double check on that before they dealership makes a huge mistake and you have to deal with that hastle.

yea - they are going to change the design so it doesnt break like all of ours is ( i bet ) - i really hope they come out w/ a change cause im 100% loving my s/c and dont want to get rid of it because of the mount breaking twice a year.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JUMBO
We never did hear about whether or not the original thread creator got his money back for the SC.

Due to the redesign of the intake manifold and valvetrain, the engine is new enough to not work with the 06 SC. But, hey, we got some more NA power out of that engine, which is good.
when i was doing the test drive (on a n/a. auto) the dealer said the '07 passed everywhere but cali. (due to emissions) but they have since fixed the emissions problem and the '07 did in fact have the s/c option. (that was last thursday) i havent spoken to him since...if i dont hear from him by tomorrow i will go down there and deal with someone else. as far as me getting the money back on the s/c: so far i only put down a deposit($500 total) the guy said he will place the order(for the car) this tuesday (also my deposit is refundable)....but if in fact there is no s/c for the '07's then i will cancel the purchase completly, and either a) make purchase (of stock car) from another salesman, or b) go to a different dealership alltogether (there are 9 more scion dealerships in my area), ill let you guys know what happens
Old 09-19-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok heres a lil info.... i havent gone back to the dealer yet (im waiting for my ride to get here) but i've been talking with other dealerships in my area (im getting my back up plan ready) and turns out another spot has my car at the docks in long beach (and no one has claimed it yet) and this dealer says that the '07 does have a s.c. and they also said i can order it there. so ill let you guys know what happens
Old 09-19-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Wait away... the S/C fit kit will come eventually, but don't count your chicklets yet... no S/C for 07s yet... the dealer is just trying to sell you a car...

Quick Reply: im about to buy a 07 tc supercharged, if i raise boost.....