Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

im about to buy a 07 tc supercharged, if i raise boost.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

update:

i just called trd they said they "plan" to release in the 1st quater of '07.... as far as whats going on w/ the stealership: im in the middle of contacting the "sales director" because the dealer keeps lie'n about release date, ill check back after i deal with sales director
Old 12-15-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
well, I AM COMMITED to the supercharger route. I already have headers and a 2.5 exhaust. I am starting to hear that headers will void my warrenty. having headers may start a fight, but good luck to the dealer that trys to blame my header if the blower fails (yeah it was the lack of backpressure that destroys engines, ha!). IceNine says he got to 250, which would be a DREAM for me. I have an auto, so with the blower and an intake, I hope to hit just 200!
Hey man, You better be VERY careful with that. The Header WILL void your warranty. TRUST ME!!! If there are a few people that know about the voided warranty with the S/C I can PROMISE you I am one of them. In fact, I believe I was not only the first S/Ced tC in TX, I was most likely the first or second voided S/C warranty due to having a header, then I almost had my second S/C voided because of an INTAKE... Trust me, TRD is doing WHATEVER they can to cover themselves on this one. They will do whatever they can to void your warranty. They went as far as marking all the piping in my car with white paint to make sure I do not remove my intake hose, or any of the piping for that matter.

They are Full of CRAP and I would suggest staying as far from the S/C if you plan on modifying the vehicle at all. If you plan on looking for more power you may as well go Turbo because the second you put so much as an intake on it, or headers, and TRD gets a hold of the modifications you made, they WILL void the warranty..
Trust me man, I am on my THIRD S/C. The first one I financed when buying the vehicle, the second one I had to pay OUT OF POCKET about $3,800, and the THIRD was covered under warranty, but they told me if ANYTHING was done to the vehicle, and I needed more S/C work, it would be VOIDED....
Just trying to keep you guys from making the same mistakes I have made.. Buying the thing was my first, but DO NOT modify it if you do want it.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Hey man, You better be VERY careful with that. The Header WILL void your warranty. TRUST ME!!! If there are a few people that know about the voided warranty with the S/C I can PROMISE you I am one of them. In fact, I believe I was not only the first S/Ced tC in TX, I was most likely the first or second voided S/C warranty due to having a header, then I almost had my second S/C voided because of an INTAKE... Trust me, TRD is doing WHATEVER they can to cover themselves on this one. They will do whatever they can to void your warranty. They went as far as marking all the piping in my car with white paint to make sure I do not remove my intake hose, or any of the piping for that matter.

They are Full of CRAP and I would suggest staying as far from the S/C if you plan on modifying the vehicle at all. If you plan on looking for more power you may as well go Turbo because the second you put so much as an intake on it, or headers, and TRD gets a hold of the modifications you made, they WILL void the warranty..
Trust me man, I am on my THIRD S/C. The first one I financed when buying the vehicle, the second one I had to pay OUT OF POCKET about $3,800, and the THIRD was covered under warranty, but they told me if ANYTHING was done to the vehicle, and I needed more S/C work, it would be VOIDED....
Just trying to keep you guys from making the same mistakes I have made.. Buying the thing was my first, but DO NOT modify it if you do want it.
Hogwash. It all depends on the service manager and how much he's willing to lie to TRD. I know a service manager who will tell TRD whatever they want to hear in order to have them cover the SC under warranty. Some service managers are car enthusiasts too, and they know fact from fiction. It *ALL* depends on the service manager.

THAT BEING SAID - If you want to modify it, go for it. Just be prepared to TAKE THE CHANCE of voiding your warranty (which you will *ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY* do if you go turbo).

IF you care about your warranty AND you want 300whp, go get a WRX STI and pass on the tC. It's that simple.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, but the one thing you need to realize is that TRD is sending Reps out to see the vehichles. My car had to be looked over by a TRD Rep AND a Toyota Rep.
They need to get Tons of pictures taken and sent to TRD.
The guys at TRD are not stupid dude. They know about this. Trust me man, it is not going to be easy to get a Service manager to lie to TRD when he needs to take an ample amount of pics for them, AND when he knows a Toyota Rep and possibly a TRD rep are coming out to look at the car.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Warranty replacement with mods has already happened numerous times on here and on other forums. Your situation is the first I've heard of a TRD rep visiting a dealer for inspection. While I *HAVE* heard of TRD requesting the defective supercharger, it's the exception rather than the norm. In any case, TRD had already supplied a replacement before requesting the old unit.

I'm modded up the wazoo, and the only problem I head early on was a broken bracket. Since then I've had things apart a million times for different reasons/mods, and everything has been just fine for the past 10k miles (I average around 75mi/day).

I doubt the guys at TRD have the resources to fly someone out to every dealer reporting a supercharger problem.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Ok, but the one thing you need to realize is that TRD is sending Reps out to see the vehichles. My car had to be looked over by a TRD Rep AND a Toyota Rep.
They need to get Tons of pictures taken and sent to TRD.
The guys at TRD are not stupid dude. They know about this. Trust me man, it is not going to be easy to get a Service manager to lie to TRD when he needs to take an ample amount of pics for them, AND when he knows a Toyota Rep and possibly a TRD rep are coming out to look at the car.
yup, you're right about the TRD rep and the pictures
Mike [1sic-tc] on the forum had bearing failure, and the dealership that initially installed it refused to fix it because they didn't know how. He was on the phone fighting with Scion and TRD. Luckily for him he took it to a different dealership that was willing to work on it, but this was only after a TRD rep came and looked at it, and LOTS of pictures were taken. His car has been at the dealership for over 2 weeks since the whole process began.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I took my car in for a cracked radiator. The radiator cap came apart and blocked the overflow and it cracked the radiator tank. TRD was at the dealer for something else saw my car and looked at it. Everything was fixed under warranty after they looked at it.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow, who knew TRD reps were everywhere....

This will be my 3rd TRD blower and not once have I ever seen a TRD rep personally aside from maybe one scion show where he was there to represent them....
Old 12-16-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
is it just me, or has icenine become the new deity of scionlife?

you preach to us master, and we will listen
suck up J/K

icenine do knows a lot, but he is still a human being.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I just did something with the SC that no one else did. Most people are afraid to, and with all the problems dealers have installing 'em, who could blame 'em. And scotty has no reason to suck up to me, he's WAY prettier than I am lol

There are few people on the forums I'll believe wholeheartedly. Some people just like to toss out lies to make something look bad. I mean, c'mon. TRD reps taking pictures? I dunno about that. I suppose it's possible, but TRD's real "racing" division has nothing to do with Dealers or even street racing. It's about their actual PROFESSIONAL RACING division - and that's where the real money is for TRD.

They might fly a rep out somewhere to take care of one of their sponsored drivers - but to take pictures of a broken supercharger? Give me a break.

TRD doesn't have reps all over the place. They have one main location in Costa Mesa, CA, and the idea of a "TRD Rep" flying out of there to come to NJ to take pics of a broken supercharger is just ludicrous.

Again, whether or not your supercharger will be covered under warranty will depend on the service manager of the dealer who installed it.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by IceNine
I just did something with the SC that no one else did. Most people are afraid to, and with all the problems dealers have installing 'em, who could blame 'em. And scotty has no reason to suck up to me, he's WAY prettier than I am lol
I understand. I was just laughing because that kind of comment always makes me laugh. Also, hey "Scotty", I was just joking.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, regardless, he *IS* prettier than me
Old 12-16-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by IceNine
Well, regardless, he *IS* prettier than me