Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Better Turbo Kit?
Dezod Motorsports
84.00%
ZPI Stage 1
16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.

I checked out ZPI and Dezod to try and see whats the difference between the ZPI Stage 1 and the Dezod Kit. I found out they both give you bout 300whp. They both cost around 4500 bux. There both bolt on. They both claim to have gotten low 12's in 1/4 miles. So there pretty much dead even. But im confused because Dezod says you need to replace clutch which is fine and I can understand that. But ZPI says that his kit will prove to be very reliable on the stock block and clutch. I was wondering how is that possible with the same specs as the Dezod kit pretty much and you dont have to replace clutch. Youll tear that clutch up the first time you pull it out of the driveway. I dont know im just confused.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

boosted with dezod, 10k w/ kit, 33k on car (stock clutch). it really just depends on the driver rather than the kit.

if i had zpi, i would still also be on stock clutch so its really how YOU drive the car that depends how fast your clutch will last.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Honestly

Honestly do you ever race it. Or push it hard. Is Dezod just saying that just to be on the safe side. Better safe then sorry type of deal. Thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Even if you were not boosted, you might need a new clutch depending on how you drive. With either kit, you are most likely going to need a new clutch sooner or later. Dezod just tells you so. The choice is yours.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Honestly

Originally Posted by KillaSpiceTSW
Honestly do you ever race it. Or push it hard. Is Dezod just saying that just to be on the safe side. Better safe then sorry type of deal. Thanks
yes, its a better safe than sorry deal. both kits will put the same stress on your clutch.

personally, i drive my car hard but don't shift hard cuz i'm still on stock clutch. shifting hard just puts unnecessary wear on your clutch so i don't bother doing it. i don't drag cuz our track closed down here. i do autocross but i pretty much just shift into 2nd and leave it there for the whole run.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorta 1 sided isnt it
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bolt on s1 kit and bolt on zpi kit probably wont get you 300 whp until you tweak it a lil, just my 2 cents, correct me if i am wrong
Old 07-06-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Clutch is up to you if you wanna replace it. It won't have to be replaced at first but like someone said eventually it will need to be. I didn't replace mine and it worked fine for 4 months in city driving and then started to slip in 2nd a little.

As for who kit's better there's so many things to compare and that is different and 900 of these post so look it up.

I would like to know who made low 12s with a dezod kit or even 12s.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jeff did.. (318_tc) right? or are we talking about non built motors?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty sure it was the dezod tC, but that was on slicks.
I think there's even a video on their site...at least their use to be. Remember that one they snapped the axle on?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Clutch is up to you if you wanna replace it. It won't have to be replaced at first but like someone said eventually it will need to be. I didn't replace mine and it worked fine for 4 months in city driving and then started to slip in 2nd a little.

As for who kit's better there's so many things to compare and that is different and 900 of these post so look it up.

318_tc did

Bolt on S1 with 16 PSI on street 18" wheels
Jeff's slip

Old 07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is before he bastardized his car by mixing companies, right?
But after the auto to manual swap?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I voted for the Dezod kit. And get a good clutch while you are at it, you will enjoy your car more with a good clutch.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yea you might need a new clutch not because of the kit you choose but because you are going
F/I and more power/more torque more stress to the clutch. You might be able to use stock clutch for a while if you are not doing aggressive driving. Just remember to learn a good knowledge bout F/I when you get a turbo cause thats gonna be your friend when things goes bad.. both are good but i like dezod more..

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Remember that one they snapped the axle on?

what causes the axle to snap by the way? is it bad driving or too much power?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it was actually to much traction. Alot of power and alot of traction with the slicks and SNAP! I'm sure they had already put a beeting on that thing anyway!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
This is before he bastardized his car by mixing companies, right?
But after the auto to manual swap?
That was Jeff's first run as a 5 speed Dezod S1 kit. No other companies. Now he is the poster child of hybrid kits.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

both kits will yield roughly 300whp with a custom tune and exhaust.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

love you to guys!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by etsnet

318_tc did

Bolt on S1 with 16 PSI on street 18" wheels
Jeff's slip

Isn't that on a built motor though
Old 07-08-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by djafropiq
jeff did.. (318_tc) right? or are we talking about non built motors?

The record still stands on a NON-built motor with ZPI kit still having top honors when it comes to flat out "Smoke you on the street and track" performance, with a LOW 12 sec run, not mid, not high. Low 12's (12.1) to be exact. ZPI entered the 12sec record books over 2 years ago. And even their customers have ran 12's on stock motor. The first 12sec slip from Dezod has come recently by way of 318_tC, on his built motor tC. His average was low 13's with a dip into the 12's.

I now have experience with the Dezod Kit (as a crew member of ours has one now). Very good looking kit imo. IF you are more into looks, the Dezod kit is very "show worthy" evne in raw (uncoated pipe) form, and will pull some trophies at the car shows imo. But if you are more into racing, then ZPI kit is going to take honors in that department over Dezod. The smaller 16G spools a lot faster, and puts you in the seat a lot more imo, because of it's lag free nature. The smaller turbo that ZPI uses as the strong points (pumps out the same HP as the larger Dezod Turbo at the same PSI settings), but does not have it's weakness (laggy Dezod larger turbo).

The Poll results is largely based on Customer Service, and not Product Performance. Of those 17 votes, I would be surprised that not all of those votes are of people who actually have the Dezod kit. Dezod's Customer Service is excellent, so that is a heavy contribution to the voting taking place here. ZPI's shipping times have slowed down recently, so if you are willing to wait for it, you will have one of the most highly regarded turbo kit available for the tC. That is if you are willing to wait the extra time to receive it. If you specified a little more on what your goals with the turbo kit are, then you perhaps would get a more narrow straight forward opinion on which turbo kit to go with.

And just FYI.....GET a clucth, I don't care what anyone says.

Quick Reply: Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.