Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Better Turbo Kit?
Dezod Motorsports
84.00%
ZPI Stage 1
16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what kind of metal is that manifold made out of travis?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

A new special kind of metal, that apparently configures to different shapes when you induce a Specific static charge to it. If you don't have the right frequency, then it won't work. I know, I didn't believe it either, until Kenny rubbed his spiked hair, and then touched it, and 10 secs later it converted to an STS turbo system....
Old 07-09-2007, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by brett561tc

A new special kind of metal, that apparently configures to different shapes when you induce a Specific static charge to it. If you don't have the right frequency, then it won't work. I know, I didn't believe it either, until Kenny rubbed his spiked hair, and then touched it, and 10 secs later it converted to an STS turbo system....
i see you would rather make a joke insted of answering the question. thats ok. i wouldnt want to answer it either.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Naw, just waiting till the car is finished, and I'm sure all questions will be addressed if there are any.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, this is an entertaining thread
Old 07-10-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Man, this is an entertaining thread
indeed!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The TUBING used on this manifold is not designed for this type of application. I really hope this is just a mock up becuase schedule 5 PIPING should definately be used for this turbo manifold. The pressure and especially the heat is going to do wonders to the thin walled TUBING. I'm a pipe design engineer so this time don't try to argue with me.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g...wders/IMG_3486

gauged tubing for a turbo manifold...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Wow

I shouldve neva started this thread. I was just curious. Now an outrage has begun. LOL i kinda find it amusing though. ZPI or Dezod. I would only know if i tried them both. But seeing as i was just rearended on saturday night. Turbo plans come later and right now all i got to worry about is gettin my car fixed so i can have a nice looking running car again.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSracer
The TUBING used on this manifold is not designed for this type of application. I really hope this is just a mock up becuase schedule 5 PIPING should definately be used for this turbo manifold. The pressure and especially the heat is going to do wonders to the thin walled TUBING. I'm a pipe design engineer so this time don't try to argue with me.

lol not trying to argue but i'm an engineer also, albeit electrical. Just because I'm an engineer that doesn't mean i know every little thing about control systems, emf, and the like. I am open to opposing view points in my field and debate but why are you so cocky about your proclaimed knowledge in your field?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kratos
Originally Posted by RSracer

lol not trying to argue but i'm an engineer also, albeit electrical. Just because I'm an engineer that doesn't mean i know every little thing about control systems, emf, and the like. I am open to opposing view points in my field and debate but why are you so cocky about your proclaimed knowledge in your field?
i dont think hes trying to be cocky. its just that whenever something bad is said about a zpi product, there are a select few who will argue to the death that there could not possibly be anything wrong with a zpi product. even if they know nothing about manifold design.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol im not sure ive seen anyone argue to the death but it seems from both sides of the field your all full of ____. you all have just posted information that you know and VERY FEW have posted any information to back it up. so since everyone likes to talk ____ and believe it have fun catching up to my 921 hp tc rwd. i have time slips! lol. idiots.

i see alot of discussion from folks who have no experience with the oppositions kit. i dont care if you take the setup off a wrx and put it on your car, you still will make more power, your still going to acheive your goal. zpi doesnt have anything special over dezod. their manifolds dont turn to dust at 120mph, their wastegates dont stay closed allowing 40psi, their turbo's dont spool at 1K rpm. both kits have positives and negatives. both companies have positives and negatives. i have dealt with both companies. me personally i have not had an issue with either. both provided me with great customer service and a quality product.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
their wastegates dont stay closed allowing 40psi
I see you are using the Tial, not the one that comes standard with the ZPI kit, so how can you be sure of this comment?
One of the 2 ZPI kits in Vegas that I know of has the standard one with the kit and they DID have some issues with it.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
their wastegates dont stay closed allowing 40psi
I see you are using the Tial, not the one that comes standard with the ZPI kit, so how can you be sure of this comment?
One of the 2 ZPI kits in Vegas that I know of has the standard one with the kit and they DID have some issues with it.
installed quintens kit couple months ago. he has had no problems. nice try to call me out, try again .

you forget one thing, these products are not manufactured by zpi. the turbo, wastegate, bov so on so forth. if any of these items fail due to manufacturers defect, so be it. that is not zpis fault. the flange on their kit is 38mm. there are many diff wastegates you can use. im pretty sure if it came down to it and you wanted their kit besides that wastegate they would set up a tial one so on so forth. same thing with dezod. they do not manufacture their own wategates. therefore how can you hold them accountable for that?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

im pretty sure if it came down to it and you wanted their kit besides that wastegate they would set up a tial one so on so forth. same thing with dezod. they do not manufacture their own wategates. therefore how can you hold them accountable for that?
We chose to use a higher quality wastegate than cut a corner on a cheaper model. I think that is what he is referring to.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wasn't calling you out, just pointing it out.
And the one here did not fail, they just had issues with it. Obviously, you can get whatever you want, as the other kit has a different one, but that is an additional cost. If you want the low price, you get the cheaper parts. Exactly what Paul said.
And I never said it was a ZPI wastegate. I said "the one that comes with ZPI's kit" even though in ZPI's product description, it says "ZPIracing External 38mm Wastegate." why don't they just say exactly what wastegate your getting with the kit?
I'll have to look at it again this weekend to see exactly what the brand was, cause I forgot.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
im pretty sure if it came down to it and you wanted their kit besides that wastegate they would set up a tial one so on so forth. same thing with dezod. they do not manufacture their own wategates. therefore how can you hold them accountable for that?
We chose to use a higher quality wastegate than cut a corner on a cheaper model. I think that is what he is referring to.
and good on you for that, and i know as to what he was referring to. but you cannot blame a company that pieces a turbo together if the wastegate fails. if that wastegate that comes with the kit works, it works. basically paul if i buy your turbo kit and the emanage you sold me loses its tune are you responsible? no. that emanage failed. not everything in the world, mechanical or electrical is failsafe. this falls back on the basics of business. you run your own business, you choose your prices and what equipment you choose to sell and piece together. you could sell your kit for more and justify that its because it has better quality stuff. its your choice to sell for cheaper to stay "competitive". once again the purpose of a business is to sell a product and turn the most profit. if they pay 20 bucks for a part that sells for 120 and they are selling alot of them, they are doing good. ok so 1 out of so many fail. they return that part due to a manufacturers defect and get a new one. if that part causes the engine to blow its their job to go through that manufacturer to say hey your part is crap and my engine blew. i looked at Q's wastegate. Your right, it doesnt say "Tial" on it but after opening it and looking at it it is identical to mine. shows to be the same quality so on so forth. so i ask you, does "Tials" never fail? its not always about name brand you know..
Old 07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Your right, it doesnt say "Tial" on it but after opening it and looking at it it is identical to mine. shows to be the same quality so on so forth. so i ask you, does "Tials" never fail? its not always about name brand you know..
Never said it was, just that TiAL has an awesome proven track record with us. So if it works and it doesn't break, don't fix it.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Your right, it doesnt say "Tial" on it but after opening it and looking at it it is identical to mine. shows to be the same quality so on so forth. so i ask you, does "Tials" never fail? its not always about name brand you know..
Never said it was, just that TiAL has an awesome proven track record with us. So if it works and it doesn't break, don't fix it.
and understand one thing. until you are the go to guy for turbo kits in the united states then that "Opinion" will matter. thats good that you havnt had a problem with tial, they have been around and are well established. but they are not the only source of a product. and if that motto is what you would like to live by, thats cool to. but this also slims your profit down. if your comfortable with that , once again that is cool. its all in how you want to run your business. im not defending zpi nor argueing dezod sucks. so dont take anything ive said to heart because as i have stated im a customer of both. i have not purchased anything big from zpi, i do run their stage 1 but i got it used. so if there were any bugs with it they were fixed prior to me getting. i did not have an out of the box kit. i installed Q's a while ago. So far he hasnt had any issues. im not say he wont down the road but so far so good. if i was running the business i would buy the cheapest product that i trusted and market it as long as i was comfortable selling it. if zpi was so worried about it they would have pulled it and stopped using it just like they did with the weapon R dampers that kept breaking. They pulled those fast and get rid of them.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does kenny run a TiAL or GT Concepts on his car ?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
Does kenny run a TiAL or GT Concepts on his car ?
another irrelevant question. just because you sell a product doesnt mean you have to use the product you sell. i couldnt tell you what he uses since i dont live up there nor do i talk to him. whatever the case may be even if he doesnt use it on his car im pretty sure that as big as zpi has gotten he doesnt drive around a tc anymore. can tell you if i owned a business that large i would definitely have upgraded my vehicle and gotten rid of this car with the quickness.

Quick Reply: Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.