Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Better Turbo Kit?
Dezod Motorsports
84.00%
ZPI Stage 1
16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nevermind...no need to argue
Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

play nice children

Old 07-11-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice smiley
Old 07-12-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pollup, I know nothing about turbos, the ZPI kit or the Dezod kit. I do however know marketing and business. What everyone is trying to tell you here is that Dezod uses superior parts while ZPI uses cheaper parts. Sure, while you can upgrade to better parts with ZPI, Dezod will not compromise quality to make it more affordable. Also, ZPI does not specify which brand parts they use to the best of their ability on their website. We are not arguing about their business models or their cost to profit ratios, we are talking about what you get for your money.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Hmmm....

Well after reading these million of comments it pretty much seems that Dezod wins with a landslide over ZPI. I know its all personal preference but it seems people have had better experiences with the Dezod kit then that of the ZPI. I think im gonna use the money that i get from the kid who rearended me to purchase a Dezod kit this summer. Does anyone know if there is a video of a Stock Motor TC with Dezod vs a Stock Motor TC with ZPI Stage 1.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Hmmm....

Originally Posted by KillaSpiceTSW
Well after reading these million of comments it pretty much seems that Dezod wins with a landslide over ZPI. I know its all personal preference but it seems people have had better experiences with the Dezod kit then that of the ZPI. I think im gonna use the money that i get from the kid who rearended me to purchase a Dezod kit this summer. Does anyone know if there is a video of a Stock Motor TC with Dezod vs a Stock Motor TC with ZPI Stage 1.
Thats just it. There hasnt been enough people / kits sold / initiative to make a VS video from a DEZOD customer. Soon though. Travis Will have a DEZOD S1 VS. a ZPI stage 0. Eventually VS the stage 1.

Just keep in mind that SL isnt DEZOD and ZPI's only customers, lol. there is a market outside of SL. You never know how the other 400 + ZPI owners feel
Old 07-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050

Thats just it. There hasnt been enough people / kits sold / initiative to make a VS video from a DEZOD customer. Soon though. Travis Will have a DEZOD S1 VS. a ZPI stage 0. Eventually VS the stage 1.
Well our customer, who is Travis' friend is actually a T.E.A. kit, not an S1.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
pollup, I know nothing about turbos, the ZPI kit or the Dezod kit. I do however know marketing and business. What everyone is trying to tell you here is that Dezod uses superior parts while ZPI uses cheaper parts. Sure, while you can upgrade to better parts with ZPI, Dezod will not compromise quality to make it more affordable. Also, ZPI does not specify which brand parts they use to the best of their ability on their website. We are not arguing about their business models or their cost to profit ratios, we are talking about what you get for your money.
your pretty much reiterating what i said. me backing up the wastegate does not reflect that i would use it nor am i affiliated with that company. how do you think new companies start? they create a product and market it. as far as using a better turbo i dont know because i will tell you the truth, my knowledge of turbos stops at how they operate and how to install them. as far as how much cfm's they move, how fast they spool it doesnt concern me because i dont have the need to know. im not a racer so i only have the turbo for the little extra power, the phenominal look and the sound. all in all im not argueing whose stuff is better, just saying overall who would be turning the greater profit. and that is what business is based off of, profit .. this is why you have the choice, there are many diff turbo kits out there for folks to purchase. if you dont think your getting your moneys worth, but a different one or make your own.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

opps. sorry.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace

You get a Street killer/track smasher, that you can drive daily and is reliable.

That's all I need to know.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by KillaSpiceTSW

You didn't read my comments did you. The voting is not based on Kit, but customer service. Actually KIT experience is an entirely different thread all together.

LOL....At Stock Motor Dezod vs a Stock motor ZPI Stage 1.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

opps. sorry.

It started as a S1 kit. Then Paul upgraded him to a T.E.A kit turbo, and then to the Dual BB ITS turbo due to delays. So, both of you are right...
Old 07-12-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rhythm:
How did that install go? How is that Dezod kit running?
Where is the thread for it?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

It started as a S1 kit. Then Paul upgraded him to a T.E.A kit turbo, and then to the Dual BB ITS turbo due to delays. So, both of you are right...
It did start as an S1, but he would have waited longer to get it because I had a few kits ahead of him in the S1 category. The one customer had gotten into a financial bind and cancelled his T.E.A. kit order. I called your pal up and asked if he wanted his spot with less wait time. He jumped....we where not able to get it done fast enough because of our move, so I upgraded him to a DBB F2 for waiting patiently through it all. Now, I am putting finishing touches on about 4 kits for shelf stock and one to go out the door.......So kits on the shelf as of late next week fellas!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Rhythm:
How did that install go? How is that Dezod kit running?
Where is the thread for it?

It's on it's way. Will include vids, comments, driver impression (customer, as well as mine), you know....the usual stuff.

Soon we will roll up to ZPI, so he can have it tuned. But I really don't see a whole lot of room for improvement over the tune, as he is running 11's A/F ratio at WOT on the base map. So, unless he changes the PSI (currently at 8.7), I don't forsee the tune changing much.

I gave a bit of a review in another thread on here, but I can't remember which thread that was...LOL.

No worries though, one will come soon. As well as a few races we can get started between him, Louis, and eventually one of us (Brian or I).

I want to see what she puts down on the dyno too.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

It did start as an S1, but he would have waited longer to get it because I had a few kits ahead of him in the S1 category. The one customer had gotten into a financial bind and cancelled his T.E.A. kit order. I called your pal up and asked if he wanted his spot with less wait time. He jumped....we where not able to get it done fast enough because of our move, so I upgraded him to a DBB F2 for waiting patiently through it all. Now, I am putting finishing touches on about 4 kits for shelf stock and one to go out the door.......So kits on the shelf as of late next week fellas!

Yes, I know this already. Due to the move, delays, etc...etc...
Old 07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
Perhaps you guys should design my manifold for me, I'm open to designs and fabrication. I will test out your manifold designs, along with dyno's for anyone that is interested and feel they can fabricate an EL for me to take me to that next level.
What do you want Travis?

Keep in mind there is not much to work with than whats is already out there, as far as design goes.

can only imagine what the comments would be if this was coming out of any other place other than ZPI.

My comment has nothing to do with ZPI, I would have made the comment towards any company that would make such a manifold.

It was designed the way it was from a purely "fitment" standpoint and not a performance one......everything they gained from that collector they took away from it with that extension pipe.

Granted its a turbo application, throw forced air at anything and it will work.

Regards-

Todd

So all remote mount turbos are ineffective??
Old 07-12-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by RSracer
The TUBING used on this manifold is not designed for this type of application. I really hope this is just a mock up becuase schedule 5 PIPING should definately be used for this turbo manifold. The pressure and especially the heat is going to do wonders to the thin walled TUBING. I'm a pipe design engineer so this time don't try to argue with me.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g...wders/IMG_3486

gauged tubing for a turbo manifold...
This is EXACLTY the REASON that I have NOT posted any pictures on here of what is going on with my car. ITS IN MOCK UP, and you guys get a hold of something and then start commenting like you are involved with the project. Ideas are still being worked out, that includes materials, finish, components and placement.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Originally Posted by RSracer
The TUBING used on this manifold is not designed for this type of application. I really hope this is just a mock up becuase schedule 5 PIPING should definately be used for this turbo manifold. The pressure and especially the heat is going to do wonders to the thin walled TUBING. I'm a pipe design engineer so this time don't try to argue with me.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/g...wders/IMG_3486

gauged tubing for a turbo manifold...
This is EXACLTY the REASON that no pictures have been posted on here of what is going on with my car. ITS IN MOCK UP, and you guys get a hold of something and then start commenting like you are involved with the project. Ideas are still be worked out, that includes materials, finish, components and placement.

Nicely said. !!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Ight

That Blue TC by Dezod is a quick ___ TC. I went to there website and watched there videos. Nice car. Thats my dream TC. I watched some of the ZPI Stage 1 and they werent as impressive to me.

Quick Reply: Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.