Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Better Turbo Kit?
Dezod Motorsports
84.00%
ZPI Stage 1
16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:06 PM
SL Member

the non built record goes to.......dare i say it?..................scionspeed.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett

Again, we are talking about companies that are currently "still in business". 12.0-12.1 who's counting when that company went down the toilet.

I thought we've been through this discussion also.

ScionSpeed

LSD equipped
Slicks
Larger Turbo
12.0 et
Out of business

ZPI

No LSD
Slicks
Smaller turbo
12.1 et
Selling kits by the dozen
Old 07-08-2007, 02:11 PM
SL Member

its still the standing record
Old 07-08-2007, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

its still the standing record

Oh hush Brett...lol. This is Dezod vs ZPI. To which case ZPI 1/4 mile history > Dezod's 1/4 mile history.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
SL Member

also 318_tc does have a built engine, but he was also on street tires. i dont think anyone else can claim that.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Again, we are talking about companies that are currently "still in business". 12.0-12.1 who's counting when that company went down the toilet.

I thought we've been through this discussion also.

ScionSpeed

LSD equipped
Slicks
Larger Turbo
12.0 et
Out of business

ZPI

No LSD
Slicks
Smaller turbo
12.1 et
Selling kits by the dozen
Dezod

No LSD
No Slicks
Slightly Larger turbo
12.7 et
Selling kits by the dozen also
Old 07-08-2007, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

also 318_tc does have a built engine, but he was also on street tires. i dont think anyone else can claim that.
but iirc that was before he built the engine, and that was right after he swaped trannys
Old 07-08-2007, 02:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
but iirc that was before he built the engine, and that was right after he swaped trannys
engine was built.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Of course if you are running 16 lbs of boost.... Big difference between Many 12.1 sec passes to 1 single 12.7 sec pass.

Surely you aren't trying to argue that Dezod's 1/4mile track history is equal to that of ZPI's are you?

That would be admitting that you sometimes experience delusions ever so often....
Old 07-08-2007, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

engine was built.

Yes, that was on a built engine Dave.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

oh ok i wasnt sure, i thought he did the tranny swap, then built the engine, and i thought that run was right after the tranny swap.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I think the order was Built motor-Tranny swap-12.7 run.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

ahhh gotcha, haha yea as you can see i dont really follow the F/I forum enough
Old 07-08-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^It's ok dave, I'm still waiting for when you come join the Dark side though. Be it Dezod, don't matter to me, I'm still waiting for that report....
Old 07-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by djafropiq
jeff did.. (318_tc) right? or are we talking about non built motors?

The record still stands on a NON-built motor with ZPI kit still having top honors when it comes to flat out "Smoke you on the street and track" performance, with a LOW 12 sec run, not mid, not high. Low 12's (12.1) to be exact. ZPI entered the 12sec record books over 2 years ago. And even their customers have ran 12's on stock motor. The first 12sec slip from Dezod has come recently by way of 318_tC, on his built motor tC. His average was low 13's with a dip into the 12's.

I now have experience with the Dezod Kit (as a crew member of ours has one now). Very good looking kit imo. IF you are more into looks, the Dezod kit is very "show worthy" evne in raw (uncoated pipe) form, and will pull some trophies at the car shows imo. But if you are more into racing, then ZPI kit is going to take honors in that department over Dezod. The smaller 16G spools a lot faster, and puts you in the seat a lot more imo, because of it's lag free nature. The smaller turbo that ZPI uses as the strong points (pumps out the same HP as the larger Dezod Turbo at the same PSI settings), but does not have it's weakness (laggy Dezod larger turbo).

The Poll results is largely based on Customer Service, and not Product Performance. Of those 17 votes, I would be surprised that not all of those votes are of people who actually have the Dezod kit. Dezod's Customer Service is excellent, so that is a heavy contribution to the voting taking place here. ZPI's shipping times have slowed down recently, so if you are willing to wait for it, you will have one of the most highly regarded turbo kit available for the tC. That is if you are willing to wait the extra time to receive it. If you specified a little more on what your goals with the turbo kit are, then you perhaps would get a more narrow straight forward opinion on which turbo kit to go with.

And just FYI.....GET a clucth, I don't care what anyone says.
Jeff was on a built motor with lower compression and street tires. ZPI pinged in their results on higher compression, stock bottom end in upwards of 14 PSI with slicks, which to me is justifiable. However, the negligence occuring your part Travis lies in the ability to compare apples to apples.

Facts:

ZPI---
stock block
shop car
slicks
14 PSI
unknown octane

Jeff--
built motor on lower compression
customer car
18" street tires
16 PSI
91 Pump Gas

So until the variables are spot on, the cars are lined up at the same track under the same pretenses or approx power levels. Your post is a ____ing match at best.

Sticking to utter facts here, you CAN comment on materials, built quality, overall appearence, price differentiation, components included or omitted, customer service, support, shipping lead times, comprehensiveness etc....

Lag really should NOT be discussed due to the fact of our customer not having an off the shelf S1 kit. He is a T.E.A. turbo at this moment, which is geared toward TOP END, where some small degree of lag has to be expected.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

oh ok i wasnt sure, i thought he did the tranny swap, then built the engine, and i thought that run was right after the tranny swap.
Jeff was a 5 speed for that run. His first pass as one to be exact after the swap.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder why people always start these threads, when they can just search. They are both great kits, lets leave it at that.

on that note Paul. I think the phone company hates you!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
on that note Paul. I think the phone company hates you!
Actually, the lines are in from the pole to the place. I spent like 4 hours plumbing the lines with Adam back into the office area, where the phone system has to be completed. So we have service, but we do not know the phone numbers nor the system wired in for the phones to work. I am trying to get a handle on that today and tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:48 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by djafropiq
jeff did.. (318_tc) right? or are we talking about non built motors?

The record still stands on a NON-built motor with ZPI kit still having top honors when it comes to flat out "Smoke you on the street and track" performance, with a LOW 12 sec run, not mid, not high. Low 12's (12.1) to be exact. ZPI entered the 12sec record books over 2 years ago. And even their customers have ran 12's on stock motor. The first 12sec slip from Dezod has come recently by way of 318_tC, on his built motor tC. His average was low 13's with a dip into the 12's.

I now have experience with the Dezod Kit (as a crew member of ours has one now). Very good looking kit imo. IF you are more into looks, the Dezod kit is very "show worthy" evne in raw (uncoated pipe) form, and will pull some trophies at the car shows imo. But if you are more into racing, then ZPI kit is going to take honors in that department over Dezod. The smaller 16G spools a lot faster, and puts you in the seat a lot more imo, because of it's lag free nature. The smaller turbo that ZPI uses as the strong points (pumps out the same HP as the larger Dezod Turbo at the same PSI settings), but does not have it's weakness (laggy Dezod larger turbo).

The Poll results is largely based on Customer Service, and not Product Performance. Of those 17 votes, I would be surprised that not all of those votes are of people who actually have the Dezod kit. Dezod's Customer Service is excellent, so that is a heavy contribution to the voting taking place here. ZPI's shipping times have slowed down recently, so if you are willing to wait for it, you will have one of the most highly regarded turbo kit available for the tC. That is if you are willing to wait the extra time to receive it. If you specified a little more on what your goals with the turbo kit are, then you perhaps would get a more narrow straight forward opinion on which turbo kit to go with.

And just FYI.....GET a clucth, I don't care what anyone says.
Jeff was on a built motor with lower compression and street tires. ZPI pinged in their results on higher compression, stock bottom end in upwards of 14 PSI with slicks, which to me is justifiable. However, the negligence occuring your part Travis lies in the ability to compare apples to apples.

Facts:

ZPI---
stock block
shop car
slicks
14 PSI
unknown octane

Jeff--
built motor on lower compression
customer car
18" street tires
16 PSI
91 Pump Gas

So until the variables are spot on, the cars are lined up at the same track under the same pretenses or approx power levels. Your post is a ____ing match at best.

Sticking to utter facts here, you CAN comment on materials, built quality, overall appearence, price differentiation, components included or omitted, customer service, support, shipping lead times, comprehensiveness etc....

Lag really should NOT be discussed due to the fact of our customer not having an off the shelf S1 kit. He is a T.E.A. turbo at this moment, which is geared toward TOP END, where some small degree of lag has to be expected.
you forgot open downpipe and gutted interior. unless there is some kind of consumer service study done on ZPI s1 vs DEZOD s1, we will never trully know how they stack up.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about Munch with his Turbonetics? Doesnt he run low 12's??

Quick Reply: Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.