Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Better Turbo Kit?
Dezod Motorsports
84.00%
ZPI Stage 1
16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and my other buddy with the Turbonetics kit, every else stock, clutch anbd all, out of the box tune runs 13.5 on street tires, I havent seen a ZPI stage 1 run that in person.

I havent met anyone with the Dezod kit around here yet, but from what i've read it seems to be miles ahead of ZPI as far as quality and reliability. Plus im sure Dezod doesnt use "china-made" knock-off wastegates on their kits like ZPI.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My brother was able to run a 12.82 on 18 inch street tires with a turbonetics kit with a Standalone tuned to 10 psi.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everybody keeps comparing turbo kits by "out-of-the-box" performance, but that is just how it's tuned from the manufactures site. Every turbo kit out there is capable of excedding the limit of the stock motor. Greddy is overlooked the most cause out of the box it is tuned for 5-5.5 psi of course it isn't as impressive. But it is a nice kit. And u won't have to visit the shop every month like all the ZPI tc's in my area.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Jeff was on a built motor with lower compression and street tires. ZPI pinged in their results on higher compression, stock bottom end in upwards of 14 PSI with slicks, which to me is justifiable. However, the negligence occuring your part Travis lies in the ability to compare apples to apples.

Facts:

ZPI---
stock block
shop car
slicks
14 PSI
unknown octane

Jeff--
built motor on lower compression
customer car
18" street tires
16 PSI
91 Pump Gas

So until the variables are spot on, the cars are lined up at the same track under the same pretenses or approx power levels. Your post is a ____ing match at best.

Sticking to utter facts here, you CAN comment on materials, built quality, overall appearence, price differentiation, components included or omitted, customer service, support, shipping lead times, comprehensiveness etc....

Lag really should NOT be discussed due to the fact of our customer not having an off the shelf S1 kit. He is a T.E.A. turbo at this moment, which is geared toward TOP END, where some small degree of lag has to be expected.

in upwards of 14 PSI? It was at 14 PSI. In that case for a more apples to apples comparison then. There are still 12sec customers. Sticking to utter facts.

ZPI has gone LOW 12s on a stock motor.
ZPI's customers have gone 12's on a stock motor.

The first 12sec run on a Dezod kit was of a 1 run from a Built Motor tC.

The Dezod turbo kit does not have the race history of a ZPI kit. There have been 2 records in the spot light. Joe_Dezod, and 318_tC. One stock motor, and One built motor. I'm not knocking the kit just for the record. Just saying that those who have them, don't generally post up track records. Nothing you can do about that. You can't control what they due with the kits you sell.

And being that the turbo being used is a Dual Ball Bearing, correct me if I'm wrong, but LAG is suppose to be helped because it is a Dual Ball Bearing. Even with DBB, it Lags, and that is not just my driving impression, that's from your customer. He said it does good in the top end, but the low end is pretty laggy.

Every aspect should be a factor, and discussed whether it's laggy or not, people want an honest impression of a "Particular" setup. Such as running the DBB upgrade on the T.E.A. kit. You can't just say leave that out, as this is more than likely not the ONLY configuration this kit will ever come in.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
you forgot open downpipe and gutted interior. unless there is some kind of consumer service study done on ZPI s1 vs DEZOD s1, we will never trully know how they stack up.

There are NON-gutted 12 sec Stock block recorded times from a ZPI kit as well. And I'm looking to do a consumer service study persay on the two kits, as we now have both of these kits within our group.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
and my other buddy with the Turbonetics kit, every else stock, clutch anbd all, out of the box tune runs 13.5 on street tires, I havent seen a ZPI stage 1 run that in person.

I havent met anyone with the Dezod kit around here yet, but from what i've read it seems to be miles ahead of ZPI as far as quality and reliability. Plus im sure Dezod doesnt use "china-made" knock-off wastegates on their kits like ZPI.

You might want to search a little more in the F/I section for tC's instead of the xB/xA section.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

everybody keeps comparing turbo kits by "out-of-the-box" performance, but that is just how it's tuned from the manufactures site. Every turbo kit out there is capable of excedding the limit of the stock motor. Greddy is overlooked the most cause out of the box it is tuned for 5-5.5 psi of course it isn't as impressive. But it is a nice kit. And u won't have to visit the shop every month like all the ZPI tc's in my area.

GReddy is overlooked the most, because you have a gamblers chance that you can make it to the dyno before it blows up. From your comments I can tell you don't visit this section that often. Over here, the GReddy is known for having faulty WG's, and blowing cars up.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

You might want to search a little more in the F/I section for tC's instead of the xB/xA section.
search for what? i only share info that is hard facts (have personally seen), half the info on forums is bs
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dont you guys get tired of arguing over this same topic over and over again. I know I get tired of reading it!

Every kit has its ups and downs. Just because one kit runs .01 better 1/4 mile doesnt and shouldnt matter. So People, buy whatever you want and best fits your needs.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Back to the topic, Buy the Dezod kit.
ZPI is crap imo i don't care what times have been acheived
Old 07-08-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

search for what? i only share info that is hard facts (have personally seen), half the info on forums is bs

Yeah, but what you seen accounts for how much % of what is the general understanding of a product?
Old 07-08-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Dont you guys get tired of arguing over this same topic over and over again. I know I get tired of reading it!

Every kit has its ups and downs. Just because one kit runs .01 better 1/4 mile doesnt and shouldnt matter. So People, buy whatever you want and best fits your needs.
Yep, I for one get tired of the same threads "Which turbo kit should I buy".

Vote Say Ye for "SEARCH" and Thread Lock.

Say I
Old 07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
you forgot open downpipe and gutted interior. unless there is some kind of consumer service study done on ZPI s1 vs DEZOD s1, we will never trully know how they stack up.
You're 100% correct. Jeff was a full stock interior.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, but what you seen accounts for how much % of what is the general understanding of a product?
i don't know, but that % is enough to sway me. That's like saying " only one guy died from eating Walmart potato salad" .
Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

And being that the turbo being used is a Dual Ball Bearing, correct me if I'm wrong, but LAG is suppose to be helped because it is a Dual Ball Bearing. Even with DBB, it Lags, and that is not just my driving impression, that's from your customer. He said it does good in the top end, but the low end is pretty laggy.

Every aspect should be a factor, and discussed whether it's laggy or not, people want an honest impression of a "Particular" setup. Such as running the DBB upgrade on the T.E.A. kit. You can't just say leave that out, as this is more than likely not the ONLY configuration this kit will ever come in.
We have several variations of our kit, and it's known not to be a cookie cutter, one size fits all kit, by any means. The T.E.A. was designed to be a drag racing top end oriented, big laggy, turbo. I am not disputing that what-so-ever. You can not even compare the raw potential of that F2 DBB T3/T4 turbo with a Stage 5 .63 A/R to YOUR 16G. That is ridiculous!!! If that is what you're attempting to do, then you might need rethink that.....The general purpose of those 2 kits are drastically different.

Anyway, I am not here to debate, but each and every one of your posts seems condenscending and rather incorrect with respect to accusations about comparison standards. I am here to clarify and set the record straight for onlookers, potential customers & inquiring minds that want to know. We have nothing to hide, and openly expose EVERY detail that effects the outcome of our testing (good or bad).

So, in conclusion, I feel these types of threads just create too much friction and drama, which is uncessary and a waste of time. If we can compare apples to apples, be civil, deal with 100% facts, I would be more than willing to have a healthy professional debate about comparison of the kits. However, when lots of biased information gets spilled from every direction it is impossible to keep things in line.

This debate will probably never end....
Old 07-08-2007, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I shoulda ran with some tires so haters could pipe down.
Travis your a stage one, what did your car run at the track again??????

The zpi vs dezod is like beating a dead horse, it always turns into travis vs the rest...
Old 07-08-2007, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I to Paul!

Now Lock this already!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres another option whyindustries.com

Quick Reply: Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.