Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Better Turbo Kit?
Dezod Motorsports
84.00%
ZPI Stage 1
16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RSracer
Everyone always fails to leave out that the quality of ZPI's isn't even comparable to Dezod's kit. First off anyone who is a turbo guru or motorhead knows they don't want a 16G on there car, thats why Kenny's car (ZPI's) run a GT30 variant. The only reason they sell the kit with the 16G is becuase it's CHEAP! Comparing a OEM upgrade 16G turbo to a Turbonetics t3/t4 is anything but apples to apples. ZPI isn't out to make a good quality kit, they're out to get the biggest return they can get. They wanted the cheap 16G on there so bad they produce the most F'd up looking intercooler piping arrangement the turbo community has ever seen. The only difference between ZPI's kit and any other china kit you'd see on ebay (right down to the knock off Tial wastegate) is that the intercooler piping was bent to fit the tC.

Kenny doesn't even use what he sells, doesn't that send a message?

Wow....Another WAY off the mark post.

I guess I can make the argument that Paul Dezod does not even have a tC that he owns with a Dezod turbo kit on it, so that somehow makes the turbo kit he sells Worthless....

ID 10 T Alert! My 16G would run Circles around that T3/T4 you got.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Everyone always fails to leave out that the quality of ZPI's isn't even comparable to Dezod's kit. First off anyone who is a turbo guru or motorhead knows they don't want a 16G on there car, thats why Kenny's car (ZPI's) run a GT30 variant. The only reason they sell the kit with the 16G is becuase it's CHEAP! Comparing a OEM upgrade 16G turbo to a Turbonetics t3/t4 is anything but apples to apples. ZPI isn't out to make a good quality kit, they're out to get the biggest return they can get. They wanted the cheap 16G on there so bad they produce the most F'd up looking intercooler piping arrangement the turbo community has ever seen. The only difference between ZPI's kit and any other china kit you'd see on ebay (right down to the knock off Tial wastegate) is that the intercooler piping was bent to fit the tC.

I guess I can make the argument that Paul Dezod does not even have a tC that he owns with a Dezod turbo kit on it, so that somehow makes the turbo kit he sells Worthless....

ZPI designs there kit around that particular turbo, it's cheap and easily to get, hense the 180 degree angle bent tube. Odviously engineering wasnt involved in that. lol
Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
uh oh. get em travis.

He is about as smart as this guy...

http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=75012&bw=
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uh oh. get em travis.

He is about as smart as this guy...

http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=75012&bw=
ha ha dont get any ideas for the Z now
Old 07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your right but Joe does....

Umm...Ok, Mr. tough guy. you should look in to getting to name changed to blowinsmoke
Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i thought that ZPI doesnt even use the OEM MHI turbo...i thought it was that GT junk snail? Can anyone confirm what they actually use? Ohh yea, btw, i considered throwing a 16G on my R6...all .6 liters of fun
Old 07-09-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Umm...Ok, Mr. tough guy. you should look in to getting to name changed to blowinsmoke
blowinsmoke, now things are picking back up.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa

ZPI designs there kit around that particular turbo, it's cheap and easily to get, hense the 180 degree angle bent tube. Odviously engineering wasnt involved in that. lol
EXACTLY!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

EXACTLY!

The U shaped tube is meant for easy transition from a Stage 0 to a Stage 1... But seeing as how you have designed so many superior turbo kits, We are not worthy of your grace.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

And so do I. Joe's car is not even a shop car dude. You should look into getting a name change to "I only think I know what I'm talking about". The 12.1 1/4 time was done by ZPI using the 16G. It has already been discussed that trying to go further than that on a built motor, one will naturally upgrade to a larger turbo.

16G is good for the 12sec ranges.

When you want mid 11's and perhaps 10's, it will be time to go larger turbo and built motor.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The U shaped tube is meant for easy transition from a Stage 0 to a Stage 1...
Actually, your blowinsmoke again. I asked Kenny directly and he told me they had to rotate it to be able to fit properly with the fans.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey travis...dont take this the wrong way but technically speaking, is your car "blowinsmoke" in its condition? And did you ever figure out what the hell is going on with it...pm me if you dont wanna speak about it on here
Old 07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Actually, your blowinsmoke again. I asked Kenny directly and he told me they had to rotate it to be able to fit properly with the fans. "

this is true due to the placement of the turbo flange on the mani. it should have been pointed more out, insted of down. but hey it works well for what it is.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And so do I. Joe's car is not even a shop car dude. You should look into getting a name change to "I only think I know what I'm talking about". The 12.1 1/4 time was done by ZPI using the 16G. It has already been discussed that trying to go further than that on a built motor, one will naturally upgrade to a larger turbo.

When you want mid 11's and perhaps 10's, it will be time to go larger turbo and built motor.
And so do you what?! you don't sell sh*t you won that turbo in a raffle.
Hell thats not even your car, it's your girlfriends...

Then why don't you run 12's? Why get a larger turbo the 16G runs circles around the T3/T4

BTW, I tried that name but it was too long.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The U shaped tube is meant for easy transition from a Stage 0 to a Stage 1...
Actually, your blowinsmoke again. I asked Kenny directly and he told me they had to rotate it to be able to fit properly with the fans.

Pic of the Stage 0.

Pic of a Stage 1.

But yeah, that turbo is SOOOOOO Clocked into a different position going from a Stage 0 to a Stage 1...

First there was Smoke.....And then I would set Fire to that azz...
Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

And so do you what?! you don't sell sh*t you won that turbo in a raffle.
Hell thats not even your car, it's your girlfriends...

Then why don't you run 12's? Why get a larger turbo the 16G runs circles around the T3/T4

BTW, I tried that name but it was too long.

Now you hatin because we won it by driving better than the rest.....HHHAHAA!! what a looser. Fool, it's both our cars. I built it. Her name is on the title. Just like with the 350z I have. We say it's our car, but I pay for it.

By the time you spool that T3/T4, I would have crossed the line and down at Starbucks sippin on a coffee eating a danish. I will put a 16G up against your T3/T4 ANY day of the week.

Hell I'll run it like it is right now and still not worry seeing your tail lights.

If you want to start bashing we can take it there.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

god i love **** talk
Old 07-09-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Been to the 1/4 mile only 1 time chief with not so ideal setup. 10.0 A/F ratio at WOT, and tires that look like Mr. Cleans Head.
I'm confused. If you've only been to the 1/4 mile 1 time, then wouldn't your average times just be that one in the 13s?

I asked Kenny directly and he told me they had to rotate it to be able to fit properly with the fans.
You know what's really funny about this? The ZPI stage 0 here just put the intercooler on last week. He did say the switch was real easy, but when I looked, not only is that u bend touching the fan shroud (fan is still moving, but it don't look good), but it's also pinched inbetween that and the flange on the header!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

god i love **** talk

Me too... I don't get to do it to often, as I'm not that kind of person. But I'll play with whomever wants to take a go at it...
Old 07-09-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Been to the 1/4 mile only 1 time chief with not so ideal setup. 10.0 A/F ratio at WOT, and tires that look like Mr. Cleans Head.
I'm confused. If you've only been to the 1/4 mile 1 time, then wouldn't your average times just be that one in the 13s?
No, average time is what you hit back to back to back. How many times go to the 1/4 mile has little to do with that, unless it's your first time ever being on a track. That was my first time at the 1/4 track on turbo. I've ran on the streets for the most part since being turboed, and been to the 1/8th track like once. I've been to the 1/4 mile track more than one time ever, but it was before the turbo.

I was addicted to Street racing pretty much. Now I'm starting to become more addicted to the 1/4 mile track, and keeping it off the streets.

When we were N/A'ed, we had nothing but a full ZPI exhaust on the car, and ran 15.1/15.2 in the 1/4 mile back to back. However, the car ran a best time of 14.8. But I don't consider it a 14sec car. I considered it a low 15sec car during the time it was N/A.

Quick Reply: Im Confused....ZPI and Dezod.