Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

im looking for a turbo kit for an 07 A/T

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
SL Member

Default im looking for a turbo kit for an 07 A/T

someone help me out and point me in the right direction.

or

possibly shooting for a S/C too..

any opinions of which way i should ultimately go.

pros and cons of either one.

im some what of a noob in this field.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You didn't even attempt to do a search did you?

You will find the answer quite easily if you look in the F/I section. TRD is no longer making the supercharger, so you're options are used or turbo. A lot of people were not happy with the TRD design, due to weak bearings or poor install (with the long drive shaft, if it isn't mounted straight it will wear quickly).

If you want a turbo, talk to Paul from Dezod or Mike from PTuning. Be prepared to spend $4k-$5k for the kit, install and tuning.

http://www.ptuning.com
http://www.dezod.com
Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 PM
SL Member

I've looked at the zpi, the turbonetics, greddy, the dezod, and the ptuning kits but what I guess I meant with this post was people who have a turbo on their 07 a/t to give me some advice. What like and don't like about their set ups.

Thanks for the help.. I'll look more into the dezod and ptuning kits though. I figured I'd spend like 5k for one.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

probably the best kit to buy would be Ptuning's, the next in line would be dezod and TurboToyotas
but since u are a/t the safest hp possible would be 250whp...even w/ those #s if u push your car...it will result in messing up the tranny.
the way to handle more power would be either get your tranny rebuild or swap for a manual transmission.
btw my tc is auto too, and i plan on swapping tranny for a manual when i go turbo!
good luck!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 PM
SL Member

Thanks man. I'll definately check out the ptuning kit and the dezod kit more than I have. I've been thinking about trading in my tc for a 350z or a g35 . Idk why such thoughts have crossed my mind.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by xoutxforxblood
Thanks man. I'll definately check out the ptuning kit and the dezod kit more than I have. I've been thinking about trading in my tc for a 350z or a g35 . Idk why such thoughts have crossed my mind.
why go turbo and rape the 350...
Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
Haha what do you mean?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
i think he meant to say 'why not go turbo and rape the 350' which is a pretty naive statement. i HIGHLY doubt an automatic tC would ever rape a 350z in any aspect other than MAAAAYBE a straight line (with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of the 350z)

others have suggested great companies to look at. dezod is legit and has been around and are a very well received company in the tC community. turbo toyotas also has a solid following. ptuning is another great one. imho, you cant go wrong with any of those three.

best advice is to read read read and then ask questions.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

How far are you from Greensburg PA? Paul from dezod will be in that area to tune my car on the 22nd this month. If you want good solid no bullcrap answers come talk to him face to face and he will let you know what to do exactly... as far as going F/I definetly Dezod, TurboToyotas, and PTuning best out there for customization, customer support, and best fitment.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
SL Member

you're outside of monroeville. It's be about 2 hours depending how fast I drive but I won't be home from work until the 23rd!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah just outside of monroeville... well Paul will technically be here for 2 days so you might be able to catch him just let me know when your going to be back
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 PM
SL Member

I'll be home the 23rd. I have this dude on here I think his sn is jrtc or something that's selling his turnonetics kit for 1900 for an a/t 07.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Stay with Dezod, PTuning and TurboToyotas.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for sure. DEZOD OR P-tunning!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TURBO TOYOTAS FTW !!!! seriously man search. I see this same thread once a week. Ptuning is good to though. TT has been doing things longer and has sold more kits. Plus todd is a good guy and will help you out for sure if you get stuck on something. just my personal experience though. This will get locked fast though.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
TURBO TOYOTAS FTW !!!! seriously man search. I see this same thread once a week. Ptuning is good to though. TT has been doing things longer and has sold more kits. Plus todd is a good guy and will help you out for sure if you get stuck on something. just my personal experience though. This will get locked fast though.
Yes it will get locked fast too many people come on here looking for people to just give the information not doing the research themselves. No Freebies search yourself we will give advice but we arnt going to spend the rest of our lives completely devoted to giving information to newcomers and knowledge seekers
Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a brand new s/c for sale for an 07 but its a manual transmission. You can but a kit to make it go on an automatic. This is the kit so it has everything you need to install it.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chad_buckwalter
Originally Posted by scikotictc232
Yes it will get locked fast too many people come on here looking for people to just give the information not doing the research themselves. No Freebies search yourself we will give advice but we arnt going to spend the rest of our lives completely devoted to giving information to newcomers and knowledge seekers
my thought exactly. If you are starting a thread like this, been a member for over a year but still dont have enough posts to sell in the classifieds... chances are you should not be going turbo.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 PM
SL Member

all i asked was someone to give me pros and cons of turbo kits they have.. thats it. im in the market to buy one and have looked at the dezod, ptuning, and tt kits but cant decide on one.

you guys really are making this out to be about me being a noob bc i stated that in my post.

ive wanted to turbo the tc since i bought it new in 06, ive been reseaching. only problem is i travel for work for 8 months and cant be home to actually do anything to the tc until then.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

no one is pointing fingers bud it just happens alot on here and unfortunately people will start to become stern with questions and comments that pertain to finding information by using the search button i hope no hard feelings in all. If any consolidation my 08 manual tC is Turbocharged by dezod and i have a couple of other buddies who are as well and one of them is an automatic and he loves it. PTuning is good too Mike^^ (ElevationtC) has nothing but great things to say about them and so do I.

Quick Reply: im looking for a turbo kit for an 07 A/T