Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

InsideLine test S/C tC w/Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
^

Okay, last comment. We aren't talking about older civics, 90% of what we are talking about is 06' Si. You wouldn't need to swap to see 300whp+. Also, other great examples of 300whp+ without swaps is the k20a2 rsx-s, k20z1 rsx-s, H22 preludes just to name some off the top of my head stuff. And lets not forget some of the integras.
Yeah, but I have read older post from you stating that even older SI's could outrun the tC. And also to couteract your "down playing" of displacement. Therefore, I felt it was necessary to provide valuable info. on why displacement becomes a factor when you are trying to mod engines.

And that if the mods are equal (I/H/E for example), I will never see the rear end of an SI (pre 2006 that is).
Old 01-27-2006, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...240&highlight=

Go there, and maybe you can learn something from a race that actually took place between a s/c tC and the SI.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^One race with One set of drivers is just that....One race with One driver. Dosen't constitute the whole LOT of S/C tc. However, your link just proves that it's a drivers race.

The advantage for the SI was in the corners. But I don't think anybody was contesting that. We don't have an LSD yet. So, naturally it should out handle us.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:42 AM
5 Year Member

Me being a mustang man I've seen this argument drawn up a million times between myself and Camaro lovers. Agree to Disagree guys. The tC is a hot looking, moderately quick, trick car right off the lot. Panoramic sunroof, the Lexus A/C fan, auto up/down windows, all cool stuff for 16K. The Si is more about performance, it goes through a slalom quicker than a Viper for christ's sake. And I think judging by the best times ive read for both cars stock (SI: 6.7 0-60. 15.1 1/4 TC: 7.2 15.7) its a little more than a drivers race. Plus with the SI capable of putting up 90g on the skidpad through the twisties the TC is gonna be a handful on the haunches of an SI. That being said, I think the tC is more of a cruiser that can be made to look alot cooler than the Si. The Si is more about the driving experience, its just a little more raw. Its all about what u want. Both great cars, and for the right person either one is a huge upgrade over the other. For me, when I drove the Si I fell in love, and my SSM tC is now on a used car lot. But it was hard to watch it go, and I respect every tC I see on the road as well as any other Scion. I'm gonna miss being a member of the Scion family and Scionlife. Peace Players.

P.S. The sound of Si... damn, but I miss my auto off headlights, reclining rear seats, roof, and ESP auto windows lol. Everything is a compromise
Old 02-13-2006, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionteller556
Me being a mustang man I've seen this argument drawn up a million times between myself and Camaro lovers. Agree to Disagree guys. The tC is a hot looking, moderately quick, trick car right off the lot. Panoramic sunroof, the Lexus A/C fan, auto up/down windows, all cool stuff for 16K. The Si is more about performance, it goes through a slalom quicker than a Viper for christ's sake. And I think judging by the best times ive read for both cars stock (SI: 6.7 0-60. 15.1 1/4 TC: 7.2 15.7) its a little more than a drivers race. Plus with the SI capable of putting up 90g on the skidpad through the twisties the TC is gonna be a handful on the haunches of an SI. That being said, I think the tC is more of a cruiser that can be made to look alot cooler than the Si. The Si is more about the driving experience, its just a little more raw. Its all about what u want. Both great cars, and for the right person either one is a huge upgrade over the other. For me, when I drove the Si I fell in love, and my SSM tC is now on a used car lot. But it was hard to watch it go, and I respect every tC I see on the road as well as any other Scion. I'm gonna miss being a member of the Scion family and Scionlife. Peace Players.

P.S. The sound of Si... damn, but I miss my auto off headlights, reclining rear seats, roof, and ESP auto windows lol. Everything is a compromise

*Thread Revival*

Just a little FYI...the comparison was between a Supercharged tC and the 06 SI. Not stock tC and 06 SI.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

...... Sheesh i thought this was burried