Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Internals for S/C Application

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tCUZZ
Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
i wouldn't waste $$$ on getting internals with the s/c. You're not gonna be pushing anymore power than the stock internals can take anyways. Plus if you do spend the money, you'll have lower compression pistons compared to stock and be making less power with the s/c than you would with stock internals.
werd!
how can you possibly state that? come on people. You can easily get 300whp out of the s/c .... Easily! yes its going to take some money but you can easily do it. Most people on this forum are kids and young adults that do not have the money to throw $$$ into hooking the car up. Just wait till next year ...there will be a good handful of 300+ hp s/c tC's. You haven't seen it yet because most people buying the s/c is for warranty work. Once that fad goes away and people start tuning them, changing the cams, and adding more boost w/ methanol ... 300+ hp is easily obtained. just wait.

Back to the "you dont need internals" - As of now - nobody can really state that as a fact. We are assuming that 300,310,320,330,340whp is safe ...but for how long? After how many years till the engine dies by breaking a rod or something? ...we shall find out. If the upgraded rods are good for 400 and 500 hp ... you would assume that the stock rods are rated at a bit over 300hp. So .... think about if internals are or arent needed.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

/\

i agree.....

300hp is relatively simple with the s/c...not as easy as a turbo, but not impossible....heck kytc has nearly done it without ANY internals or headwork(correct me if i'm wrong, but pretty sure), so it's not too hard....just some hard work, and self/custom fabrication..

now with the cams, headwork(port and polish), upgraded rods, pistons, etc, and a nice tune, it can be done....

300 whp is considered the current limit on stock internals.....some people will have problems here, some wont, just depends on luck and what not...same variables as the pulley debate, who knows...

good luck with the pistons....higher compression means higer hp, but it also requires better fuel...for a DD run lower compression, otherwise stay near the stock compression....
Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Arias Pistons are $155 a cylinder. Those are custom made. For 20psi+ applications add $15.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Arias Pistons are $155 a cylinder. Those are custom made. For 20psi+ applications add $15.
We can customize ours to his compression ratio for probably cheaper.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

as always Dezod tailoring to the customers needs
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Originally Posted by zer0
We can customize ours to his compression ratio for probably cheaper.
Think about it for the future because turbo guys are going to realize that the s/c people aren't far behind them ....just takes some time and planning.

I just can't get over that ( i think joe ) snapped that shaft with such little hp. Im guessing you had another one custom made?
Old 10-10-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Joe snapped the axles due to more than power. The Dezod kit during that stage of development had a very aggressive torque curve. Add the drag radials and the new clutch to the torque spike and you have some crazy forces acting on the CVs from all sorts of angles.

Well, namely the instant power delivery of the clutch and the super sticky tires acted in opposing directions on the axle. If you watch the video again, the car has no traction for a split second and as soon as the tires grip, the axles go snap.

Remember that the weakest link is always the first to go. In most cases, that's the tires which means you spin your tires. In this case, the tires held on too well.

And as far as compression goes, I think Diablo is getting something wrong here. Low compression doesn't make more power with forced induction. Low compression only allows for more boost, safely. The idea is to run as high a compression as possible with as much boost as possible. Super high compression and super high boost means explosions galore. Since more power is made with more boost, people usually sacrifice compression for a lot of safe power. If you're going to run a mild set up, you should run a higher compression.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Feather the clutch a little more and he wouldnt have snapped an axle. Very rare occurance that turbo tC's snap axles it seems.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:25 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

*yawn* i'm too lazy to debate
Old 10-10-2006, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ LOL
Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

how can you possibly state that? come on people. You can easily get 300whp out of the s/c .... Easily! yes its going to take some money but you can easily do it. Most people on this forum are kids and young adults that do not have the money to throw $$$ into hooking the car up. Just wait till next year ...there will be a good handful of 300+ hp s/c tC's. You haven't seen it yet because most people buying the s/c is for warranty work. Once that fad goes away and people start tuning them, changing the cams, and adding more boost w/ methanol ... 300+ hp is easily obtained. just wait.
easily? look at all the supercharger problem going around. how can a supercharger tC easily achieve 300hp when the supercharger unit itself is falling apart at 200HP?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tCUZZ
easily? look at all the supercharger problem going around. how can a supercharger tC easily achieve 300hp when the supercharger unit itself is falling apart at 200HP?
whos is? --- becides the mount thats going to break (and is being made by ripp mods to replace it) nothing else is going wrong.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oil seals breakage - but that's hardly a result of power, it would seem.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I can say is I'm debating on low and high compression. I thought high compression is not a good idea cuz it could lead to engine blown up which I don't want to risk it. Never know in years later, there will be more product for S/C application to boost more. I talked to RIPP and said he can't answer which comression ratio will be the best because he is working on one part at a time and when it comes to the piston, he will tell us which is which. I'm glad to have RIPP working on tC's S/C as well as he did for the custom cams and hopefully he could do the piston/rods too. I think I should wait on him and do a little research. My first thing is to do the head as custom cams and port n' polish. I would like to see more success with the S/C, not only turbo who can say "you should have bought the turbo instead of S/C". It is nice to have turbo in the tC but a lot of people have turbo so I want to do something different. S/C is fun and challenge but it a lot of money to spend than turbo application and I'm ok with that.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ElDiablo17
All I can say is I'm debating on low and high compression. I thought high compression is not a good idea cuz it could lead to engine blown up which I don't want to risk it. Never know in years later, there will be more product for S/C application to boost more. I talked to RIPP and said he can't answer which comression ratio will be the best because he is working on one part at a time and when it comes to the piston, he will tell us which is which. I'm glad to have RIPP working on tC's S/C as well as he did for the custom cams and hopefully he could do the piston/rods too. I think I should wait on him and do a little research. My first thing is to do the head as custom cams and port n' polish. I would like to see more success with the S/C, not only turbo who can say "you should have bought the turbo instead of S/C". It is nice to have turbo in the tC but a lot of people have turbo so I want to do something different. S/C is fun and challenge but it a lot of money to spend than turbo application and I'm ok with that.
I 100% agree that the correct pistons to use with the s/c is not known. And yes - ripp works like this: ....ross finds a car that he likes and starts to like it. When he gets enouth interest in it he gets someone that is willing to be the tester (karl) - and from there on .... parts get made. Its only a matter of time now that the cams are done. He drove my car a few months ago and liked it. Karl now is his tester so its all gravy from there. I think karl is going to leave his car there for a few weeks over the winter? ..or something like that. I forget the details. Next year I think some nice results will come of this. Keep in mind that karl doesnt have diff pistons or a port (and has a 300whp tc). There is a lot more work that can be done w/ this car. Its just going to take time.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
I 100% agree that the correct pistons to use with the s/c is not known. And yes - ripp works like this: ....ross finds a car that he likes and starts to like it. When he gets enouth interest in it he gets someone that is willing to be the tester (karl) - and from there on .... parts get made. Its only a matter of time now that the cams are done. He drove my car a few months ago and liked it. Karl now is his tester so its all gravy from there. I think karl is going to leave his car there for a few weeks over the winter? ..or something like that. I forget the details. Next year I think some nice results will come of this. Keep in mind that karl doesnt have diff pistons or a port (and has a 300whp tc). There is a lot more work that can be done w/ this car. Its just going to take time.
yea I agree with you, I know that Ripp is working on something for the S/C tC and I don't know what it is but sure I would like to know! It's best to wait for his result later on and takes time buy time to build up a powerful S/C. BTW, 300whp is alot for S/C but awesome! I sometimes think ZPI heads stage 1 and 2 might help but I can get my heat just the same as ZPI heads by taking my head to the motor shop and have them do the work to increase my horsepower but I don't know if it will gain much for the S/C.

RIPPMODS RULES!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
yea I agree with you, I know that Ripp is working on something for the S/C tC and I don't know what it is but sure I would like to know! It's best to wait for his result later on and takes time buy time to build up a powerful S/C. BTW, 300whp is alot for S/C but awesome! I sometimes think ZPI heads stage 1 and 2 might help but I can get my heat just the same as ZPI heads by taking my head to the motor shop and have them do the work to increase my horsepower but I don't know if it will gain much for the S/C.

RIPPMODS RULES!
just wait for karl to post when he hears more word. Right now he is making s/c mounts (that dont crack) and might ...might ... be making a second generation cam .... but im not sure if that will ever happen. Wait a few months for karl to bring his car to the shop for a few weeks to get his engine done. That means nothing but good things for us for next year because karl is the test man so far (for the s/c).
Old 10-21-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OHH I CAN'T WAIT!