Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Introducing my ZPI stage-0 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

retrodrive what kind of exhaust are your running also? and do you have anything else done to the car?
Old 02-12-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
peteyd: Those tanks are from www.monstermotorworks.com . They are your regular replacement for radiator overflow tank and power steering tank. The first version of the product I recieved had flaws in it and it leaked; thanks to WeaponR for doing outstanding warrantee work.

InjentC23: Runs amazing. The spool is instantaneous and I have quite a list of small kills with the car (proud of Lotus Elise kill the most just becaudse it is such a perfect toy). My car has auto tranny and that is the bless and the curse of myh car. Good thing about it is that it looses no preassure between gear changes. You accelerate and it goes fast, consistent and strong. The problem is that I feel it slipping when it goes from 2nd to 3rd gear. I need that new shift kit from ZPI even at stage 0 power. The shift from 1st to 2nd is fast and seamless though the lowend power is badass on this kit.

ScionDad: I can make you the cover like mine for free, it’s no big deal. However, for the plate to fit, you will need to run Nology Hotwires. The stock coil connectors rise too high above the valve cover and the plate looks ugly and out of place like that. Let me know if you want one. (disclamer: offer only open to ScionDad due to his active help to the community. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to make more. If I did I would.)

DuMa: specs are in my profile

Nerek: Yes, more power, higher cost. Here is the direct link you can check out and compare:
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...4a87da696b123b

DTRUONG_112: This was one of the first Stage 0’s out there. The wait was not long. They ship them as fast as thy get turbine shipments in.

jjos1: Yup, the POS gasket from wastegate burnt out. I swear, Tial needs to fire somebody for such design. That hole gives me an excuse to put some polished aluminum plate on there with some kind of engraving. I cut the charge pipe by 2” so that I have the clearance for the strut bar.

Celt: Thanks bro! I am a Foose fan and I share a lot of his views on car modding. Once I have some cash to finish off the Lexus in my profile, that would be a work of art :D

Kenny: I will talk to the editor and photographer to see if I can drop by their studio and take couple of extra shots of the car. They won't take pictures that I take myself...no matter how good they are. They updated me that it should be in July issue of Car Audio and Electronics.

Thanks a lot for kind words guys. Took me a lot of time to do this. Next steps would be retrofitting TSX projector HID’s and Angel Eyes into my headlights and deciding on how to proceed with exterior design.

If anybody has any ideas of what to add or cover in the engine bay, let me know.
You rock ....I ordered the Nology blue kit from ZPI and Kenny warned me I would have to loose the cover I had. Your solution is HOT....even better than I could imagine for a solution. I would love one....let me know any costs at your convienance.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kenny: I will give you a call monday. Haven't talked to you in a while.

DaveTC: I have ZPI exhaust and downpipe. The tanks are just a direct replacement for stock plastic tanks. They bolt right on. The valve cover is powdercoated but we had to be exrimely careful with it. No sandblasting.

Rick: There is just too much out there in TC world that has never been done. Enough for everybody for at least a year or two :D
Old 02-15-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ScionDad: PM me your address, you are getting my current coil cover. I'll trace it and make me another one later (no time for it now).

bumping it up :D
Old 02-15-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<--- dumb question

what is the greddy tank that has the 2 lines running into it near the abs/overflow tanks
Old 02-15-2006, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ Oil catch can maybe? lol, no clue
Old 02-16-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
ScionDad: PM me your address, you are getting my current coil cover. I'll trace it and make me another one later (no time for it now).

bumping it up :D
Wow....PM sent...and you rock sir.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah oil catch can. I had to make pretty nasty bracket to get that can there.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if a tial gate blew under a cf hood, would that tale it out lol,dumb ? since imaorder the zpi kit for my b- day along with the transmision upgrades when they come out.. Love your setup. Did you custom cur the panel next to your tanks. You make me jealous haha. Hope to buy the mag when ur car is in it, then ill jock ur style but with a powder coated twist
Old 02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ask ZPI to send you a copper gasket for your wastegate. The heat has no effect on my CF hood. That panel is painted aluminum. I just did a mockup out of rigid piece of paper and traced it to an aluminum sheet.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Woo Hoot!! That is one hot tC, the engine flows nicely. Like the valve cover plate, I have mine off also and not really feeling the black coil packs with a red cover. I have one critical part that I am waiting on and then my tC get’s put on a transport for ZPI.

Congrats, if you sleep in the car the first night we understand!

Old 03-03-2006, 09:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those are great pictures!!! good to see a turbo TC in southern cali
Old 03-03-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Retrodrive....I am really struggling with expressing how FANTASTIC the engine cover is that you sent me.

Beautiful work....The craftsmanship is first class.

Thank you very much,