Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jersey Mike boosted!!! 320whp 356ft lbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SmokintC
Jersey Iv sat here for the longest time watching the Scion Forums and I have yet to see such a cocky person. From where Im getting I think your mad a little that a girl (misty) has beaten you to the pull.?

That would be Misti...lol. That's my down a$$ chick. And Mike, don't forget what happen last time....Overconfidence is the suriest way to an early death...

I got you dawg. Next Month, we will be at ZPI. And it will be a showdown at the ZPI proving grounds. You know Kenny is going to get in on this too. The points board thread is sure to be a big hit once we get it started. Win Or Loose, we will get buzzed at the local bar afterwards. Now, ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH! They don't call her "ISMOKEGUYS" for nothing you know.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice boosted Tc, both..well all you guys. I would have been in the same boat, if not other crap happening in my life

But I had a general question, I see both your tubing and it seems like yours would hit each other, however rhythmnsmoke's tubing seems to be bent at that spot making it not close enough to come in contact.

Is this something ZPI did afterwards, because that was one thing I was wondering about, cause I hate metal tapping noises

Again, nice boosted cars all around, I am glad I got the Tc.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by unlimited77
Nice boosted Tc, both..well all you guys. I would have been in the same boat, if not other crap happening in my life

But I had a general question, I see both your tubing and it seems like yours would hit each other, however rhythmnsmoke's tubing seems to be bent at that spot making it not close enough to come in contact.

Is this something ZPI did afterwards, because that was one thing I was wondering about, cause I hate metal tapping noises

Again, nice boosted cars all around, I am glad I got the Tc.

I'm not sure about his, but mine is setup so that I can add my DC strut bar later, after it gets coated the same as the piping.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

By the way "Talk is CHEAP!" I don't "Talk the Talk", cause I'm to busy "Walkin the Walk".
Old 05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Mike, why aren't you running a BOV?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by SmokintC
Jersey Iv sat here for the longest time watching the Scion Forums and I have yet to see such a cocky person. From where Im getting I think your mad a little that a girl (misty) has beaten you to the pull.?
It's all in good fun. kinda. Mike's gunning for blood.

Mike, tell your boy he's more than welcome to come back down and rematch me, if he thinks he can handle the three honk this time.

Once again, SL needs more of the :hammer: smilie...
Old 05-16-2006, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

um he is um losing alot of races... i got mad at him and told him he can't drive
Old 05-16-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
um he is um losing alot of races... i got mad at him and told him he can't drive

Is that why you aren't friends anymore, or where you just joking about not being friends? Must not have been a strong friendship..
Old 05-17-2006, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nah where friends just he can't drive ... but anyway i need to get to the track i think i'll do a 13.5-13.4 @ 107mph buttt only time will tell.. oh yeah i'll be cuttin my Cat out and running a test pipe so hopefully i'll get even better top end then i do now. i talk to much anyway my friend with the mustang ate me out the hole then i snaged him right be4 the quarter so he was pi$$ed because a "SCION" beat him. It was GRRREATTT! he does 13.2's all day
Old 05-17-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cant wait to see where those #s put you in the 1320. Your N/A runs look like you know your car pretty well.

Bring home a 12! Best of luck.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much do these cars weight ? I was under the impression they were around 2900 . if thats the case 320whp should be good for mid 12 sec. passes .
Old 05-17-2006, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

with 100% traction i would do a 12 but with used drags spining 1st and 2nd gear still i'll probley do a mid 13... sucks when you gotta learn how to drive all over again.....
Old 05-17-2006, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

drag radials are good to the last drop . im running 12.50s @ 111 with around 285rwhp in my tacoma . I think it weighs around 3100 with me in it .
Old 05-17-2006, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

rwhp is just alil bit different then Fwhp but it's worth a try......
Old 05-17-2006, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Still waiting for a dyno sheet. I believe the numbers I just would love to see it.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
with 100% traction i would do a 12 but with used drags spining 1st and 2nd gear still i'll probley do a mid 13... sucks when you gotta learn how to drive all over again.....

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN! I'm trying to find the sweet spot to launch, and try to hold partial boost in 1st and 2nd, so that when I get to 3rd, I don't spin 3rd too. It's tough, but we are all learning.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn! that is nicepower. considering the spool the car must be nuts.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im just slightly confused I guess. For the boost it's at, how does the turbo possibly make that much power? I am in NO WAY trying to flame, but trying to gather eductated information regarding what lead to these numbers.

A standard 16G is max flow rated to support no more than 320 whp, and that's at over 15psi. At11.5psi you're making the maximum supported power this turbo can make? If you're using a BIG 16G turbo, the most powerful one, that maxes out at 380HP. That's at almost double the boost levels this kit is running. I just don't see how a turbo that small can make that much power at that boost level.

Not trying to flame but please educate me. What was being used for an EMS? What do the ignition maps look like (how much timing did you pull)? What was the AFR thoughout the RPM band? Basically you'd need a perfect AFR and a non-restrictive exhaust to make that much power at such a moderate boost. It's great that it's making that much power, but I'm just curious as to what is leading to this result.

BTW - Is the BOV mounted on a charge pipe near the IC or is there none?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

please tell me why rwhp and front wheel hp are different ? its all measured after the driveline , so it should be the same ... right?
Old 05-17-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Im just slightly confused I guess. For the boost it's at, how does the turbo possibly make that much power? I am in NO WAY trying to flame, but trying to gather eductated information regarding what lead to these numbers.

A standard 16G is max flow rated to support no more than 320 whp, and that's at over 15psi. At11.5psi you're making the maximum supported power this turbo can make? If you're using a BIG 16G turbo, the most powerful one, that maxes out at 380HP. That's at almost double the boost levels this kit is running. I just don't see how a turbo that small can make that much power at that boost level.

Not trying to flame but please educate me. What was being used for an EMS? What do the ignition maps look like (how much timing did you pull)? What was the AFR thoughout the RPM band? Basically you'd need a perfect AFR and a non-restrictive exhaust to make that much power at such a moderate boost. It's great that it's making that much power, but I'm just curious as to what is leading to this result.

BTW - Is the BOV mounted on a charge pipe near the IC or is there none?

Last time I checked, the BIG 16G max out at 400hp, not 380hp. Also Mikes car has a Full exhaust + Crank pulley. And I'm pretty sure he is using the Blue Box, as his car was done by ZPI too. The Crank pulley dynoed 11+whp and 18ftlbs of tQ by itself. If you search back to another ZPI powered car that was running like 10/10.5 psi and dynoed at 290whp 330ftbls. If Mikes car is one more psi + full exhaust + a crank pulley, I don't see why the #'s would not show 300+whp.

Quick Reply: Jersey Mike boosted!!! 320whp 356ft lbs