Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jersey Mike boosted!!! 320whp 356ft lbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member

Why would they lie about stupid shyt.. ZPI has made the numbers before... Why fake it if they can make it...
Old 05-18-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off Paul and I never attacked you (Kenny) or ZPI directly. I don't know how many times I had stated that in my posts. All I was doing then, and am doing now, is attempting to gather more information. Not only for other people, but for myself as well. We've spoken via PM before and I think we developed a friendly relationship with you and I'd hate for that to deteriorate simply because I was asking for more info other than peak numbers.

The Big 16G is a very capable turbo. I ran it on my Evo at 22psi and liked it. I'm not knocking anyone's kit, or any companies claims. All we're all doing is seeking evidence and our support for what is being claimed.

When we all start getting at these HP numbers, the dyno does start playing a larger role in the end result. A dynapack, dynojet, and dynomite or mustang dyno, will all yeild different numbers on each car. I think each car should do a baseline vs. turbo pull on the same dyno. Maybe we can than compare gains via % instead of what the end number is.

Again, I'm gathering info regardless. I now know that you made the number being claimed at a very rich AFR, and you're pulling timing back. This type of info is all I'm really looking for. I never came here and said, Yo man no way! Please refrain from attacking myself, Paul, or any other person on this site attempting to learn more about the setup. If you'd rather keep some information private due to manufacturing protection, so be it. That's very understandable, and we do the same. Keep up the work on your turbo kits. They seem to be working well for you. We don't have plans of "going back to the drawing boards" for our S1 kit. With what we have for our controllables, I'm VERY happy with the results. We are in the design phase of much more things right now and feel the S1 is a good platform to build off of.

I'll keep my eye on this thread only in effort to learn more about the information provided, and to see that actual dyno sheet that he made, that's it.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member

No.. I dont work for kenny neither do i have a turbo or want a turbo from him.. I just think its pretty damn funny that for 1 the man who said it is not here (jersey mike) he said he had a bad tune at that.. and again.. why lie about numbers if they had it once before already hit those numbers
Old 05-18-2006, 04:18 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
Originally Posted by nester
PS: I'm ready for a ZPI vs DEZOD shootout. ;) Pinks?
wow real mature?? so now you want to challenge a company that has been posting FACTS about the 16G turbo that you are using?? hah, wow you guys are really losing your cool!
I don't think that my comments are immature or unprofessional. I would like to see Zero Point's car(s) compete against Dezod's car(s). I think it would be a fun event. Competition is good for everyone, and it lets everyone see what is possible.

Two companies competing just means the consumer gets to reap the benefits of the research and knowledge gained from the race. As you probably know, competition has spurred the creation of the TV show that I eluded to... Pinks.

If you can explain how that's immature, I'd be glad to hear it.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
PS: I'm ready for a ZPI vs DEZOD shootout. ;) Pinks?
wow real mature?? so now you want to challenge a company that has been posting FACTS about the 16G turbo that you are using?? hah, wow you guys are really losing your cool!
I don't think that my comments are immature or unprofessional. I would like to see Zero Point's car(s) compete against Dezod's car(s). I think it would be a fun event. Competition is good for everyone, and it lets everyone see what is possible.

Two companies competing just means the consumer gets to reap the benefits of the research and knowledge gained from the race. As you probably know, competition has spurred the creation of the TV show that I eluded to... Pinks.

If you can explain how that's immature, I'd be glad to hear it.
I agree with nester on this one. Nothing wrong with alittle challenge. I think a tC Pinks would be sweet! I remember talking to Kenny about it at the shootout.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member

It would be a good race.. Great for i guess you can call free advertisment.. Win or lose.. Itll be posted like hell over the boards.. And benfit both. Again great for the Shootout.. Must see event ..
Old 05-18-2006, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

After reading all these angry post I just wanna say just what I think. This is a hobby. Everyone in this forum is hear to learn how to make there car faster. 300whp or 320whp who gives a flyin F@$K. Point is, either way they are great #'s and the costumer is happy with his car. And Like Paul said every dyno is different. There is no real way to compare numbers from differnet kits unless they are done on the same dyno on the same day....or get them out to the track.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what cracks me up is when we make 295-305 on 10 psi it is no big deal. We run a 1-1.5psi more boost pickup 15whp and it is like we are part of a dyno scandal.

We would not jeopardize our online rep over 15whp. You can ask any Scion owner on here that was at the shootout or the has had their car tuned by me I tell them at the very start I do not tune for WHP I turn it up until i feel it is right and safe.

I could more than likely leaned mikes car out and bumped some timing and made 340whp then we would really be called liars.

We invited Dezod to the last shootout they declined. We will have another one in August and the invitation is still on the table to bring the car and setup a booth. I would hope all turbo kit manufacturers would show and we can truly see how they all compare in looks, performance, sound etc..

At the end of the day this is ridiculous I have never lied about a dyno chart in my entire life with maybe the exception of my memory being off a few numbers or something and this is no different, Hell i think we dealed with this same crap when we made 376whp 404tq with no intercooler on a stock manifold.

We will continue to help our customers create some of the fastest Scions in the world. We will deal with the critics time and time again. When all that really matters is making a reliable fast car which is what we did for mike and travis in the same week. We will leave the technical jargon and ____ matching over compressor maps, CFM ratings, dyno comparisons to those that care. All I personally care about is watching the smile that will not go away on a customers face when they come back from driving their boosted tC for the first time. That my friends is priceless and much more important that all this B.S.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member

I agree with you on that.. It all comes down to what [yamaha16bw] said.. i mean ya know anything over 300 is great for me.. lol.. hands down its a very nice setup and the numbers are very good.. nmw you may think they are.. 300 320 either is good.. Maybe one day we will settle the small things.. but we are all racers all we are doing is building our cars to the limits. We will know when to stop.. When it blows .. trial and error.. The story of my life in three words lol
Old 05-18-2006, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member

Glad no buddy made me crack out my Scion.. Secret weapon lol jp all i could afford was the toy model for now at least.. i think ill keep to the posts and riding around with my friends in there scions.. Im poor.. : (
`
Old 05-18-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
what cracks me up is when we make 295-305 on 10 psi it is no big deal. We run a 1-1.5psi more boost pickup 15whp and it is like we are part of a dyno scandal.

We would not jeopardize our online rep over 15whp. You can ask any Scion owner on here that was at the shootout or the has had their car tuned by me I tell them at the very start I do not tune for WHP I turn it up until i feel it is right and safe.

I could more than likely leaned mikes car out and bumped some timing and made 340whp then we would really be called liars.

We invited Dezod to the last shootout they declined. We will have another one in August and the invitation is still on the table to bring the car and setup a booth. I would hope all turbo kit manufacturers would show and we can truly see how they all compare in looks, performance, sound etc..

At the end of the day this is ridiculous I have never lied about a dyno chart in my entire life with maybe the exception of my memory being off a few numbers or something and this is no different, Hell i think we dealed with this same crap when we made 376whp 404tq with no intercooler on a stock manifold.

We will continue to help our customers create some of the fastest Scions in the world. We will deal with the critics time and time again. When all that really matters is making a reliable fast car which is what we did for mike and travis in the same week. We will leave the technical jargon and ____ matching over compressor maps, CFM ratings, dyno comparisons to those that care. All I personally care about is watching the smile that will not go away on a customers face when they come back from driving their boosted tC for the first time. That my friends is priceless and much more important that all this B.S.
Like you said, anyone who feels like these cars cant be pushing those number, come and see for your selfs. I was blow away at the shootout. Kenny's tC is crazy!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rounds of beers on me

i will sit back and apologize. i may have been wrong to instigate this topic, but when i saw mike post this number and you posted another it just got me thinking and why things didnt add up? I dunno. But I am a man, I will admit my wrongness in instigating this matter at hand.

I just think we are fighting the wrong people when it all boils down to it.

Lets face it guys

We are fighting EACH OTHER
instead we should be fighting all the Evo's, STi's, RSX-S, etc etc and getting them po'ed in losing to some SICK **** boosted tC's!

Dezod, ZPI, Turbonetics, SP, GReddy have supplied great products to get us to our boosting goals. Dezod and ZPI just happen to stand out from them all b/c they both go above and beyond in helping their customers.

Look at it this way, we got a SICK idea that was started by Travis whom I think I am starting to form a decent friendship. At first I was like "ehh maybe I shouldnt" but you know what after sittin here talking to him and his g/f for over a year, they both are pretty cool people. I mean $hit, they offered to pitch in for a hotel when I make my trip to TN for when I get my **** handed to me by Misti but you know what, yeah win or lose when Im there, I will be meeting 2 great people whom I will be friends for the rest of my life.... THAT is what you CAN NOT take away.

Friendships should be made over this forum, not enemies. Everyone will back up some company, its a given. Dezod has followers, ZPI has followers, etc etc and so forth.

Travis, Misti i look forward in meeting you guys in June
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Banned
SL Member

No hard feelings. Let's hammer!
Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
stop already with the here comes me to the rescue **** bro...let someone who actually knows what they are talking about explain for themselves...theres ways around assumptions, not mathematics man. Go and enjoy your car while its a nice day out and keep out of the technical stuff...not meaning to sound harsh just had a bad freakin day but seriously...let the two companies explain there own sides
+9,999,999
Old 05-18-2006, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member

I would buy you all a round of beers butttt... untill futher notice.. im not quite of age Not saying i wont take one if any offers.. ya Thats true.. this is a SCION forum... Not every man/women for themselves... Would say a little more but running late for work..
Old 05-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

We invited Dezod to the last shootout they declined. We will have another one in August and the invitation is still on the table to bring the car and setup a booth. I would hope all turbo kit manufacturers would show and we can truly see how they all compare in looks, performance, sound etc.......

All I personally care about is watching the smile that will not go away on a customers face when they come back from driving their boosted tC for the first time. That my friends is priceless and much more important that all this B.S.
Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
First off Paul and I never attacked you (Kenny) or ZPI directly. I don't know how many times I had stated that in my posts. All I was doing then, and am doing now, is attempting to gather more information. Not only for other people, but for myself as well. We've spoken via PM before and I think we developed a friendly relationship with you and I'd hate for that to deteriorate simply because I was asking for more info other than peak numbers.

The Big 16G is a very capable turbo. I ran it on my Evo at 22psi and liked it. I'm not knocking anyone's kit, or any companies claims. All we're all doing is seeking evidence and our support for what is being claimed........
Yes I agree with Joe that we are not trying to discredit or bash the kit. I was merely trying to justify and get all of the facts on the dyno numbers. So it may be that the car has a PnP head....Then say it is all I was driving at.

Whatever the case may be true it is all about delivering a quality component to the customer, and watching a VERY pleased person be happy with their purchase. I can not agree more.

In that light, I will cease at attempting to justify the numbers because it may be out the league of many AND TOO cumbersome. I congratualte the customer either way though.

I hope that we can attend this meeting....Last time the car was in pieces and being painted for the magazine article it will be featured in.

P.S.-For those that care to know, I only used the maps and copied the wheel specs and one forumla, which I changed the variables to be more appropriate for the argument. All of the info I posted earlier was calculated and produced as my intellectual property. This is light duty math for a former stats guy that I was years ago.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Like you said, anyone who feels like these cars cant be pushing those number, come and see for your selfs. I was blow away at the shootout. Kenny's tC is crazy!
Hows that car running anyway?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
As good as yours
Old 05-18-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
As good as yours
So you admit you blew it up at your scion shoot out.

Being self employed has its drawbacks. One being that other peoples cars always have to come before mine and I can't use their money to finish my car, again. Hopefully it'll be done before your next shootout though and I'll be able to attend.

EDIT: I would like to say, that 300+HP is a hell of a fun ride in these cars. 300 or 330 really isnt going to change the fact that JM is gonna roll some bishes up soon. Nice numbers

Quick Reply: Jersey Mike boosted!!! 320whp 356ft lbs