Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jersey Mike boosted!!! 320whp 356ft lbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

There's never been a denial that it blew up at the shootout. It's been discussed on multiple boards, here, etc.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Swinging on other companys' nuts can be danerous. 90% of the time it will look you look like a lil bish every time. You know who you people are

In any case those are badass numbers and considering the spool of 16g, I bet there is more area under the curve then any other kit out there for tc. I really need something for my auto tu turn up the boost.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It did not blow up the rod just wanted a window to see the turbo better.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
It did not blow up the rod just wanted a window to see the turbo better.
Just when I thought i had heard everything, Kenny says this, you are a comedian.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member

Wouldnt we all.... Nice bro...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
There was a point in time that PHD's in Computer Science said that our Security Software could not do what it was doing, and how it was doing it. There is no such thing as impossible. And you might be playing to much into all that math for your own good.
Whoa bro... its cool we can joke around back and forth, but dont attack Paul with a comment like that. You NEED to get into math a lot when doing turbos. There's a reason for it. Just because Paul is Dezod and you are ZPI doesnt mean you can just start attacking him. Paul is a very well educated man, and he knows this $hit when it comes to turbochargers. Paul didnt spend over a year in R&D on their S1 kit for the tC for nothing. His S1 kit was well thought out and well put together. IMHO

Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't talking down to anyone. Just asking a question as to why the TN guy was able to make the same amount of HP on 9.5psi that Joe did on 11psi. That's all I was asking.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn i wish we would have video tapes me on the dyno...well all I want to know is.........who wants to race? dezod what track do you like to run on? I would like to go there while your there and show you what its all about....
Old 05-18-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mikescion
damn i wish we would have video tapes me on the dyno...well all I want to know is.........who wants to race? dezod what track do you like to run on? I would like to go there while your there and show you what its all about....
dam homey sloooooooooow dowwwwwnnnn with your rocket fast tC
Old 05-18-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by mikescion
dam homey sloooooooooow dowwwwwnnnn with your rocket fast tC

Next to me, he would look like he was slowing down...

Just some dirt kicking...LOL. It's all good.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
We will continue to help our customers create some of the fastest Scions in the world. We will deal with the critics time and time again. When all that really matters is making a reliable fast car which is what we did for mike and travis in the same week. We will leave the technical jargon and ____ matching over compressor maps, CFM ratings, dyno comparisons to those that care. All I personally care about is watching the smile that will not go away on a customers face when they come back from driving their boosted tC for the first time. That my friends is priceless and much more important that all this B.S.

I think my repeated words were...."It's Beautiful". Don't know how many times I said that.

By the way, I'm going to have a rematch with the WRX guy this weekend. This time I'm going to keep the turbo spooled as we roll.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was a point in time that PHD's in Computer Science said that our Security Software could not do what it was doing, and how it was doing it. There is no such thing as impossible. And you might be playing to much into all that math for your own good.
Whoa bro... its cool we can joke around back and forth, but dont attack Paul with a comment like that. You NEED to get into math a lot when doing turbos. There's a reason for it. Just because Paul is Dezod and you are ZPI doesnt mean you can just start attacking him. Paul is a very well educated man, and he knows this $hit when it comes to turbochargers. Paul didnt spend over a year in R&D on their S1 kit for the tC for nothing. His S1 kit was well thought out and well put together. IMHO

Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't talking down to anyone. Just asking a question as to why the TN guy was able to make the same amount of HP on 9.5psi that Joe did on 11psi. That's all I was asking.
Oh ok :D Its all good brahdah! I have no hardships towards you. I consider us pretty chill.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why do people think stock 350z's are fast?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh ok :D Its all good brahdah! I have no hardships towards you. I consider us pretty chill.

I try...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
why do people think stock 350z's are fast?

What does this have to do with this thread?

Although, I would imagine the same reason why people think:

2006 Honda Civic Si
2005/6 Scion tC
Fart can Civics
Pre-06 Civic Si
Honda Accords
and the list goes on. to which my stock 350z can beat each and every last one of those.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not talking crap, they just seem to be a "benchmark" car. I see them in race vids all the time. Just wondering.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think my repeated words were...."It's Beautiful". Don't know how many times I said that.

By the way, I'm going to have a rematch with the WRX guy this weekend. This time I'm going to keep the turbo spooled as we roll.
1 word of advice... BRAKE BOOST
You should have no problem then..
Old 05-19-2006, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is brake boost?
And also, I asked a question about your guys different tubing..I find rhythmnsmoke's tubing more rattle free friendly, is the tubing up to the customer?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Brake boosting is great when racing from a roll. As they pull side by side, the brake is used to hold speed, load the engine, and spool it up prior to go time...

1. go to the best gear for whatever mph you are gonna race from

2. while still on the gas gently press the brake pedal, you'll want to press it hard enough
that it starts slowing you down. But to keep from slowing down you apply more throttle.

3. The harder you ride your brakes the more load you put on your enigine. the more load you put on your engine the more boost you will build. (keep an eye on your gauge)

4. And as soon as you are ready to start go WOT and at the same time release the brakes, and that lovely sensation of boost is already there waiting for you rather than you waiting for it.

The key is to find just the right anount of preassure to apply on each pedal but that becomes very easy with a little practice.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0

1 word of advice... BRAKE BOOST
You should have no problem then..

And that sir is EXACTLY what I'm going to do... I'm new to racing on Boost, so I didn't know of this when we raced before. Now that I have been practicing it, I think I can get him.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's the actual date for the shootout in August? Any ideas yet?

We'd love to put our tC up against a ZPI car. I'm currently in the process of getting some better tires and I guess I'll launch the car next time .

Quick Reply: Jersey Mike boosted!!! 320whp 356ft lbs