Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jessicas comp 67mm DYNO VID / .63ar TBB dyno 527 WHP DEZOD KIT, AEM EMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wonder if i can mess with vvti wiyh the greddy ultimate? i doubt it.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tofast4u
Dezod is working on some new things, and I cant wait
Old 09-14-2009, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That was co2, and it ran out half way through ,as I only could steal so much from our store.. LOL.. we have 2 resturaunts, so I had to leave some.. HAHA.. The in car run was around 500 whp at a little less boost. I could easily hit those same #'s with the tune like it is now, I just finished with it, and am working on VVTi settings valve #1 as we speak, it will take some time with the VVTi.

Of course, with a bigger DP and such it will have less backpressure so it will spool sooner and make more HP, No one can argue that. but at 23 psi, I think that is a great amount of HP! youll see 30 psi very soon.. trust me, and it will stay together. fingers crossed..lol

Nonetheless, it seems to be a great deal of effort to reach the numbers. The turbo you are using is Massive (to my knowledge about the equivalent of a GT40R turbo) AND your running Race gas + spraying the intercooler to break 500whp on a non-heart breaker dyno. That's a lot of work in my book, when I've seen smaller turbines making more using 93 octane and meth. Again though, great work. I don't have the current knowledge to build a block with my own hands, but I've been around for a while and been boosted since the tC came out pretty much.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 09-15-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Get some motor mounts that will help alot. Turbo manifolds can alot of the times crack.. Mine is fine.

I also have the ingalls stiffy dampner to help some as well.

Dezod is working on some new things, and I cant wait

I run Time Attack/AutoX so I have Motor Mounts for sure. Love them. Would recommend motor mounts to even a 100% stock tC.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis you can build your own motor.. not much to it. As long as you always check clearances, take good notes, and have a good machinest, it's not a hard job.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Travis you can build your own motor.. not much to it. As long as you always check clearances, take good notes, and have a good machinest, it's not a hard job.

You need a stretch gauge, a very clean assembly room. very good tq wrench. and a mic so that you can recheck everything before assembly.arp assembly lube. and lots of ultra grey!

And pateince!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice work man!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=rhythmnsmoke;3297871]Nonetheless, it seems to be a great deal of effort to reach the numbers. The turbo you are using is Massive (to my knowledge about the equivalent of a GT40R turbo) AND your running Race gas + spraying the intercooler to break 500whp on a non-heart breaker dyno. That's a lot of work in my book, when I've seen smaller turbines making more using 93 octane and meth. Again though, great work. I don't have the current knowledge to build a block with my own hands, but I've been around for a while and been boosted since the t

Are you confused? A GT40R???!!! Do you realize I have a 67mm with the compressor housing being a little .60 a/r and a t3 .63 a/r exh housing???

It's not 3" vband. It's a small 5 bolt

I already stated my tune was incredibly soft. I could have made close to the same on pump gas and meth. My timing was good for pump and meth not q16 ... Again no vvti!

What's your setup make btw?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and a dynomite dyno used the same principal to get whp and tourqe as a de and mustang dyno. Not the vmax dynojet config. LOL
Old 09-15-2009, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Originally Posted by ElevationTC
You need a stretch gauge, a very clean assembly room. very good tq wrench. and a mic so that you can recheck everything before assembly.arp assembly lube. and lots of ultra grey!

And pateince!

It's on the list of skills/task to do that's for sure. We will tackle this as a car club effort most likely though instead of individual.

Are you confused? A GT40R???!!! Do you realize I have a 67mm with the compressor housing being a little .60 a/r and a t3 .63 a/r exh housing???

It's not 3" vband. It's a small 5 bolt

I already stated my tune was incredibly soft. I could have made close to the same on pump gas and meth. My timing was good for pump and meth not q16 ... Again no vvti!

What's your setup make btw?

I don't mean Literally a GT40R. Just making the observation that its a HUGE turbo. Huge Turbo + Race Gas + Co2 spray on the intercooler to break 500whp. It's a lot of work. Just an opinion based on comparison to other 500whp tC's. I posted my setup in the other thread. As mentioned, I sold that one so I can make room for the Full PTuning setup. I'm in the middle of building a Time Attack tC. So far just one Time Attack event and a handful of AutoXing. So, I'm about 40% done with the new direction of the car.

Here is my Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rhythmnsmoke

I've done a lot of street racing with the old setup, drifting in the Z. And my new PTuning setup is for the purpose of creating a proficient track car.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow it's not huge. At 23 psi it wouldn't have made hardly a difference from a 61tbb with same hotside. Race gas will hurt you if you don't tune for it. It's not just throw it in and make bank

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
It's on the list of skills/task to do that's for sure. We will tackle this as a car club effort most likely though instead of individual.

I don't mean Literally a GT40R. Just making the observation that its a HUGE turbo. Huge Turbo + Race Gas + Co2 spray on the intercooler to break 500whp. It's a lot of work. Just an opinion based on comparison to other 500whp tC's. I posted my setup in the other thread. As mentioned, I sold that one so I can make room for the Full PTuning setup. I'm in the middle of building a Time Attack tC. So far just one Time Attack event and a handful of AutoXing. So, I'm about 40% done with the new direction of the car.

Here is my Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rhythmnsmoke

I've done a lot of street racing with the old setup, drifting in the Z. And my new PTuning setup is for the purpose of creating a proficient track car.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow it's not huge. At 23 psi it wouldn't have made hardly a difference from a 61tbb with same hotside. Race gas will hurt you if you don't tune for it. It's not just throw it in and make bank

What's the CFM's it's pumping out at 23lbs of boost?

Yes I'm aware you "tune" for race gas, that's pretty obvious. So, what were your pump gas numbers for comparsion?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know, Im really anxious to see the compressor maps for this turbo and the 61 at 23 psi Of course the 67 will flow some more volume, but I dont think so much at that psi. now at 29-30 psi make some steam

BTW, Nice TC, Pulls really hard. whats your redline and how much boost?

aem ems? or fic or ultimate
Old 09-15-2009, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You know, Im really anxious to see the compressor maps for this turbo and the 61 at 23 psi Of course the 67 will flow some more volume, but I dont think so much at that psi. now at 29-30 psi make some steam

BTW, Nice TC, Pulls really hard. whats your redline and how much boost?

aem ems? or fic or ultimate

Yeah it would be cool to see how much that baby is breathing at those levels. Moving a lot of air there...heheee.

Thanks man, like wise for you. Shoot man, I had that setup for a long time, so the F/IC wasn't even out then. I was running the Emanage Blue. Kit was at 12lbs of boost and stock redline. I didn't dyno it, so I would just have to put it in the ball park of 310-320ish. She moved decent enough I guess. That's when I sold it though and started my new pilgrimage. Picked up the Ultimate w/pnp harness from my boy, and so eager to put the PTuning setup on it after seeing how it performs in Time Attack/race track. It's the right setup for what I want to do, and they are a one-stop shop. Picked up Motor mounts, TRD LSD, Chris Rado's old Wing of their Time Attack car, made Air/brake ducts to suite the PTuning turbo kit, APR front splitter....just went crazy basically in setting the car up. I still have a lot to go though. Primarily getting back on boost.

After seeing the tC's cranking out 500whp and seeing guys moving over to built setups and what not....I can't wait to tap into that potential. With the Ultimate, Purevision was redlining to 8k rpms with the same mods you mentioned without any port/polish on the head. My Ultimate is currently set to a conservative 6500rpms. When I get the pieces back on and get her back on boost, I'm looking to have it bumped probably to 6800rpms. Guess it just depends. After seeing the capabilities of the Haltech EMS, that probably will be in my future sometime down the road.

Very interesting to see what the tC can do in the hands of people willing to push the envelope on them. So far, I have yet to be disappointed in what I have done with it, and what others have.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Yeah it would be cool to see how much that baby is breathing at those levels. Moving a lot of air there...heheee.

Thanks man, like wise for you. Shoot man, I had that setup for a long time, so the F/IC wasn't even out then. I was running the Emanage Blue. Kit was at 12lbs of boost and stock redline. I didn't dyno it, so I would just have to put it in the ball park of 310-320ish. She moved decent enough I guess. That's when I sold it though and started my new pilgrimage. Picked up the Ultimate w/pnp harness from my boy, and so eager to put the PTuning setup on it after seeing how it performs in Time Attack/race track. It's the right setup for what I want to do, and they are a one-stop shop. Picked up Motor mounts, TRD LSD, Chris Rado's old Wing of their Time Attack car, made Air/brake ducts to suite the PTuning turbo kit, APR front splitter....just went crazy basically in setting the car up. I still have a lot to go though. Primarily getting back on boost.

After seeing the tC's cranking out 500whp and seeing guys moving over to built setups and what not....I can't wait to tap into that potential. With the Ultimate, Purevision was redlining to 8k rpms with the same mods you mentioned without any port/polish on the head. My Ultimate is currently set to a conservative 6500rpms. When I get the pieces back on and get her back on boost, I'm looking to have it bumped probably to 6800rpms. Guess it just depends. After seeing the capabilities of the Haltech EMS, that probably will be in my future sometime down the road.

Very interesting to see what the tC can do in the hands of people willing to push the envelope on them. So far, I have yet to be disappointed in what I have done with it, and what others have.

dang man, wish I knew you needed a emanage ultimate. I have the Ultimate with like 100 miles on it (went AEM EMS) PNP harness, Pressure sensor and all the goodies. I also have a set of Brand new Ripp mod forced indution cams to sale...
Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually have alot of nice items for the tc for sale, can you post here for sale?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ripp cams? u think theyd do anything for a boosted setup? what gains would u expect from them? and how much.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Ripp cams? u think theyd do anything for a boosted setup? what gains would u expect from them? and how much.

Its a F/I camshaft, there brand new. I would imagine similar to a crower F/I, only reason I didnt use them is I sold them to a freind with a S/C setup and he ended up not being able to get all the money. I would have used them instead of BC since they were avail.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you posting those up in classifieds?

Quick Reply: Jessicas comp 67mm DYNO VID / .63ar TBB dyno 527 WHP DEZOD KIT, AEM EMS