Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jessicas comp 67mm DYNO VID / .63ar TBB dyno 527 WHP DEZOD KIT, AEM EMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

spraying the intercooler is a cheat lol we want real numbers not oh we were blasting -40 degree n2o on the intercooler lol lets see real world ambient temp runs
Old 09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cory it was no N20 but CO2.

Cool, tofast4u - we can't wait to see the results. And no harm btw - I just wanted to be exactly sure of what turbo was producing those great results... thanks for sharing the info.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Sorry, I have to disagree. And I'll just leave it at that. I think we have all reached a conclusion on where this is going, what it took to get there. And ignoring other factors for the sake of proving something can be done is not my cup of tea.
I dont understand?

What factors are we ignoring here? It was acknowledged that he was on race gas, Dezod kit with a big turbo and sprayed his intercooler with CO2. What am I missing? He built his car the way he wanted to and is making over 500 whp. No matter how you look at it. He is making over 500 whp.

I agree that with a less restricitive exhaust manifold the VE will go up and the engine will breathe easier thus making ultimately more power. It will change the characteristics of the delivery but that is for another discussion.

However this was someone who did what they wanted and just so happened to use our kit. Tuned the car himself. Made some JAM!

I don't care who you like for turbo kits or whatever. Proof is proof. Videos, dyno sheets etc what more do you need other than a ride for yourself.

You're still holding onto a grudge. No one is trying to sell anything here. The parts sell themselves at this point. The OP built and tuned the car himself. It doesn't get any more 3rd party than that. Again no one is trying to sell anyone anything. I'm just happy to see some one pushing the car to see what it can do. No one was disputing that with better breathing that you can make more power, not even the OP. Please relax.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
spraying the intercooler is a cheat lol we want real numbers not oh we were blasting -40 degree n2o on the intercooler lol lets see real world ambient temp runs
Its not a cheat when its 85-90 outside..lol.. after being heatsoaked for 5 runs, iat's were getting up there a bit more than I wanted, nothing to bad, but still.. the incar vid is without spraying the intercooler and 22.xx psi still made right at 500whp, not too shabby..

Ill just wait until its 10 degrees in the winter..lol.. JK JK haha
Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Cory it was no N20 but CO2.

Cool, tofast4u - we can't wait to see the results. And no harm btw - I just wanted to be exactly sure of what turbo was producing those great results... thanks for sharing the info.

Oh B-real being real.. LOL.. Thanks BTW!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
I dont understand?

What factors are we ignoring here? It was acknowledged that he was on race gas, Dezod kit with a big turbo and sprayed his intercooler with CO2. What am I missing? He built his car the way he wanted to and is making over 500 whp. No matter how you look at it. He is making over 500 whp.

I agree that with a less restricitive exhaust manifold the VE will go up and the engine will breathe easier thus making ultimately more power. It will change the characteristics of the delivery but that is for another discussion.

However this was someone who did what they wanted and just so happened to use our kit. Tuned the car himself. Made some JAM!

I don't care who you like for turbo kits or whatever. Proof is proof. Videos, dyno sheets etc what more do you need other than a ride for yourself.

You're still holding onto a grudge. No one is trying to sell anything here. The parts sell themselves at this point. The OP built and tuned the car himself. It doesn't get any more 3rd party than that. Again no one is trying to sell anyone anything. I'm just happy to see some one pushing the car to see what it can do. No one was disputing that with better breathing that you can make more power, not even the OP. Please relax.

Honestly man, I think some people want to argue over anything. I made what I did, I can make it again, and I can even make more.. logs, dyno, iats, and EGT's speak for themselves.. Everyone should know with a more efficient setup youll make more power, but its fun.. FUN FUN FUN>. I love it! Most guys on the other forums think its great as well
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=DezodDon;3299092]
It will change the characteristics of the delivery but that is for another discussion.
quote]

The most important statement to me. The lil ol LOG loves to help spool , and very soon
Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i feel you on the heat it was 94 out when i dynoed 360ft 340hp on 8 pounds spiking 11 near read line uncorrected with a intake air temp of 130 and a small 5000 cfm fan

i feel you on the spraying of it if it was that hot
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want to end this debate for once and all ima buy a log and see what power numbers i make then compare to my el to see what works what the props aare all the goodies
Old 09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tofast4u
Honestly man, I think some people want to argue over anything. I made what I did, I can make it again, and I can even make more.. logs, dyno, iats, and EGT's speak for themselves.. Everyone should know with a more efficient setup youll make more power, but its fun.. FUN FUN FUN>. I love it! Most guys on the other forums think its great as well
You are right about the arguing. Good job on doing everything yourself and achieving big numbers, not many people have the capability. Looking forward to the results of your future dyno visits.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All i got to say as i do everyone that has dynoed big but hasnt yet done is great job on the numbers but f*ck numbers all a dyno is, is a form a measurements. I want to seethe real numbers.... You know either drag Times or time attack times that impress! Good job i always thought a log could do it the hardest part on a log is keeping it together and high torque because of low end spool up. To the ones that question the tutbos size or say anything about its size who really cares if you think ot takes a 40r or a 42r to go fast then you go buy one and make it work and lots of power so someone on here can jump on your lime light. Haters is what this sport is built on. We all have to live with it.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for messes up post doing all this via phone lol
Old 09-15-2009, 11:50 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by MrC_Ptuning
That is correct. Comp Turbo, Bullseye, ITS (Innovative Turbo Systems) are all Borg Warner turbos, ie. they all use Borg Warner CHRA (Center Housing Rotating Assembly). ITS was the first company using or owned by Borg Warner turbo to enter the aftermarket turbo industry. After ITS folded, Bullseye Turbo took over where ITS left off, and now Comp Turbo is another player (I believe the principals were also ex-ITS employees).

With that said, when you're referring to a Borg Warner based turbo, the nomenclature for turbo size that these companies use is based on the compressor inducer size not compressor exducer size like a Garrett Turbo. So a Comp Turbo CT367 is basically has a T3 turbine housing with a compressor wheel that has a 67mm inducer in a T04E compressor housing. A Garrett GT4088R turbo has a 63.5mm compressor inducer, 88mm exducer and a GT4094R has a 67.8mm compressor inducer, 94mm exducer. Without knowing the exducer sizes for the CT turbo, it's difficult to know how it compares to a GT40R turbo. I know it's turbine and compressor housing is not physically as large as a GT40R but I believe it's a very large turbo--at least on the compressor side--squeezed inside a small housing. CT rates this turbo up to 700hp so that's no small turbo. Garrett also rates the GT40R at 700hp.

MrC
excellent info there Mr. C
Old 09-16-2009, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
All i got to say as i do everyone that has dynoed big but hasnt yet done is great job on the numbers but f*ck numbers all a dyno is, is a form a measurements. I want to seethe real numbers.... You know either drag Times or time attack times that impress! Good job i always thought a log could do it the hardest part on a log is keeping it together and high torque because of low end spool up. To the ones that question the tutbos size or say anything about its size who really cares if you think ot takes a 40r or a 42r to go fast then you go buy one and make it work and lots of power so someone on here can jump on your lime light. Haters is what this sport is built on. We all have to live with it.
I think the same way, dyno charts are one thing... utilizing the power you have in motorsport is another. I love telling people in the time attack my whp numbers, it just makes them feel worse when I pass them In other words, I rub it in how low they are lol.

Im not too knowledgable about sport bikes, but don't R1's trap the 1/4 around 140mph? If somebody were to trap their tC at above that... very VERY impressive.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
I think the same way, dyno charts are one thing... utilizing the power you have in motorsport is another. I love telling people in the time attack my whp numbers, it just makes them feel worse when I pass them In other words, I rub it in how low they are lol.

Im not too knowledgable about sport bikes, but don't R1's trap the 1/4 around 140mph? If somebody were to trap their tC at above that... very VERY impressive.
Assuming stock weight, that would probably require more than 600whp.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
I dont understand?

When I think of a car, I can't accept just pure numbers. I think of practicality, reliability and efficiency. It was just me seeing what all it took and simply voicing my opinion that it was not practical. I commended him on making his numbers remember. So, I am relaxed. This was not a grude any more than it was Dezod trying to sell something.

If anything, it made me proud. As I posted the link to the dyno on some other forums that I'm apart of that constantly bash on tC's. So, along with my car, I like to see and use other examples of people pushing the limits.

Great job yet again tofast4u. Can't wait to see what your direction is for the car in the future. Get some more KILLS on vid!!! Preferably at the track, but I'm not going to knock on it if you post a kill of a sport bike...lol. That would be awesome to see.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 09-16-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think he made good power on what he has! honestly i dont think i will have that much power running my 60-1 with .63 turbine and .70 compressor housing with 20psi and 19 degrees of timing. so by all means man you did a great job in my opinion.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Assuming stock weight, that would probably require more than 600whp.

By all means you are very correct, I think to beat one from say 70-160 you would def need around the 600-620 whp mark. we have taken out the spare tire, jack, tool kit, foam inserts, and done a few tiny things, but the car is FULL interior, as I like it that way for the street, it makes me happy being fast in full interior cars haha!!

Id say at 29.5 psi that night I was making close to 560-570 whp or maybe even a touch more, the power curve was MUCH more respectable besides spinning the tires easier as boost ramped up alot quicker, the 67 is much more freindly at 23 psi, but Id say its a different story with the 67@ 29.5 psi

with that said, exactly what happened, from the kick we went from, when we kicked he edged out somewhat to about 90-100, then I hit 4th and stopped him and by 130 or so I barely pulled past him.. I will get some VERY good video of this race and the 600 race.. Dont worry! I have so much fun and most of my freinds are pretty cool with it. His R1 trapped 134-135 I think. Hes a 200 lb rider so hes not the average tester weight.

still impressive I think to even be NEAR it. you guys will be impressed Im sure of it. everytime I drive the car I still ask myself how this little thing does it.. HAHA 500+ whp in a light car is alot,and it being FWD makes a difference. Though my 1200 rwhp supra is quite the task to drive. a good street tire 305/40/18 will get rung out at 140 mph! drag radials will get tromped at 110-120 very easily! Man I love it
Old 09-16-2009, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What size injectors are you using?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1000's now, I bought a set of 900's but ended up running 1000's

900's would have been good for 150 per hole give or take, 1000's should make 640-650, On VP import probably 675+

Quick Reply: Jessicas comp 67mm DYNO VID / .63ar TBB dyno 527 WHP DEZOD KIT, AEM EMS