Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jessicas comp 67mm goes back to dyno sunday!! Details inside!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LMFAO!

Are you coming over to wire in the motec?
Old 10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sure, I'm always game
Old 10-25-2009, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
"...direct port nitrous, stand-alone engine management, and a Motec system exhaust" Mike = Fast and Furious now!!! Too bad your car will always top out at 140, even with a 7 speed. hehe

Old 10-25-2009, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I need NOS. Make it Two.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
New oem final drives an gears or upgraded mr.pete?
nope.. im using a custom mr2 final drive unit with some tc gears and some others off another toyota gear box that uses the same spline size

Originally Posted by tofast4u
ID LOVE you know what better gears you are using in the tranny!! Seriously..Have you told Ptuning this info?

I have a feeling I will be comming back with another broke tranny today.. LOL.. HOPE NOT
no i havent really discussed it much since for the last year i havent really been able to drive my car hard because of all the comp clutch pproblems ive had.. now that thats almost wrapped up i can finally put some good hard track miles on the car and check the numbers.. im still using some tc gears.. some are actually very good.. especially for boost.. but ive replaced others... its kinda my secret weapon which always puzzles ppl why i pull away when i get into 4th and 5th on a top end roll... there are alot of new rsx's/SI's driving around wondering how a tc won on a top end roll...

the original tc specs are

1st Gear Ratio: 3.14
2nd Gear Ratio: 2.04
3rd Gear Ratio: 1.33
4th Gear Ratio: 0.97
5th Gear Ratio: 0.77

im now currently using
1st Gear Ratio: 3.53
3rd Gear Ratio: 1.26
4th Gear Ratio: 0.99
5th Gear Ratio: 0.73
Old 10-25-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching! Pete, you should let a brotha know some info! I want to get this thing crackin! (tC build that is)
Old 10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey pete how much would u charge to do some tranny work.. like pretty much make my tranny yours in other words.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what gen mr2 tranny you use. ive been trying to do this forever but have never found a tranny
Old 10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
nope.. im using a custom mr2 final drive unit with some tc gears and some others off another toyota gear box that uses the same spline size

no i havent really discussed it much since for the last year i havent really been able to drive my car hard because of all the comp clutch pproblems ive had.. now that thats almost wrapped up i can finally put some good hard track miles on the car and check the numbers.. im still using some tc gears.. some are actually very good.. especially for boost.. but ive replaced others... its kinda my secret weapon which always puzzles ppl why i pull away when i get into 4th and 5th on a top end roll... there are alot of new rsx's/SI's driving around wondering how a tc won on a top end roll...

im now currently using

What's your final drive difference?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And RPM's in 5th going 75mph?? I was looking into a much simpler swap, but now you got me thinking! I was looking into swapping a few gears with the Camry transmission. But I had no idea the possibilities.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in for DIY
Old 10-26-2009, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

im now currently using

Also, as I understand....

You:

- Shortened the first gear
- Second left stock
- Shortened the 3rd Gear
- Shortened the 4th gear
- Made 5th taller

Hmmm....this works pretty good for NA, but don't think that will work that great for F/I, unless your Final Drive is a bit taller. Almost like your 5th gear is Overdrive or something since its .6 further apart from 4th gear and not as close ratio as stock.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

How much was the Motec Elevation ?

also, do what do you guys think about AEM EMS from those who used it ? is it a good unit for a tc at 450-500whp? i'm shooting for around that number next year.

also with stock fuel system and 700cc's and walbro fuel pump you guys think running 15-17 psi would be ok ?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ruswolf

The AEM will definitely meet your 450-500whp expectations. However, the stock fueling with 700cc's will not. Also you can't really just ask if that fuel setup will support X-psi because it's about horsepower. 700cc will support about 380-400whp almost maxing them out.. meaning very high duty cycles. You should keep those 700cc's but get a fuel return setup like PTunings - or make your own. Maybe Dezod will come out with one too?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

ok thanks b_real.. has anyone figured out the ac fix for 07?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Also, as I understand....

You:

- Shortened the first gear
- Second left stock
- Shortened the 3rd Gear
- Shortened the 4th gear
- Made 5th taller

Hmmm....this works pretty good for NA, but don't think that will work that great for F/I, unless your Final Drive is a bit taller. Almost like your 5th gear is Overdrive or something since its .6 further apart from 4th gear and not as close ratio as stock.
final drive is now 4.29

my goal is 4.4 so im trying to figure out a way to reach that with out breaking bank.

you are correct... this works great for an NA application... but also the taller 5th gear will alow me to build up boost quickly while still maintaining a decent speed so in any case i want to punch it in 5th i have a nice long curve to play with rather then a much shorter one then before. i can easily now max the car out to 140 if i wanted and not have any problems also with me running out of power in the power band.

it would explain why i usually walk a 6spd si or rsx because im able to use all my power thoughout a longer spand of the powerband VS only a shorter period of power in which the car will choke up top because its already going on the downward part of its curve. but thats also relevant to the cars mods/ems etc...
Old 10-26-2009, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very cool, Pete. I'd probably opt for just a taller final drive so i can use more of the rest of the gears... 1st 2nd and 3rd are almost useless on boosted Scions.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i enjoy 3rd no matter how much spinning is taking place lol, then again my third goes higher than most cuz of headwork. but still its fun lol
Old 10-26-2009, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know what you mean rob... the trannys intention when i built it was for a road race or drag type of car with NA only in mind but being that i knew i was going boost later on, i opted to make the high rpms longer... frankly.. who races a turbo car from a dig now a a days... usually u squeeze in the 2nd or 3rd gear roll ... i opted to keep 2nd stock because it was perfect for a 2nd gear roll.. 3rd was made shorter for the simple fact after catching traction i can eaaaaasily get the jump on anyone and pull ahead.. which is why 4th and fifth gear are longer .. they alow me to keep my jump and maintain full boost for longer periods of time rather then take a shift earlier and loose speed. even though it might be a few 10ths of a second.. in some occasions a 10th of a second can make a huge impact on the final outcome...

first in itself also feels about the same... maybe a tad shorter but again i dont mind because the large difference in 2nd will alow me to use a good stroke of the power band to make up for any quick shifts or loss of traction... understanding the average type of car i usually come across or race... once then go into 2nd.. im already there... and when they shift.. im already neck and neck or ahead... ive noticed a huge improvement just in my 60ft. and 1/8th alone so im doing something right =) ...rob LMK one day when u have a good lunch.. we'll meet up and u can drive the car again =) and see what im talking about
Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
final drive is now 4.29

my goal is 4.4 so im trying to figure out a way to reach that with out breaking bank.

you are correct... this works great for an NA application... but also the taller 5th gear will alow me to build up boost quickly while still maintaining a decent speed so in any case i want to punch it in 5th i have a nice long curve to play with rather then a much shorter one then before. i can easily now max the car out to 140 if i wanted and not have any problems also with me running out of power in the power band.

it would explain why i usually walk a 6spd si or rsx because im able to use all my power thoughout a longer spand of the powerband VS only a shorter period of power in which the car will choke up top because its already going on the downward part of its curve. but thats also relevant to the cars mods/ems etc...

Engine Management with the ability to increase the redline has the same effect (speaking in terms of boost that is, where you have a large enough turbo that has a continuous pull all the way to your new redline without falling).

I think for F/I tC's what would be optimal would be to

- Make First gear Taller
- Leave all other gears unchanged

- Change to taller final drive.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 10-26-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Jessicas comp 67mm goes back to dyno sunday!! Details inside!