Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jessicas comp 67mm goes back to dyno sunday!! Details inside!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes true ^^ but why run the risk of maxing out a gear at top speed when i have a few extra hundred rpms to play with... or adding extra stress to the engine... lets say stock (roughly) 128 mph at 6500 rpms.... when i can hit 135 mph at 6500 rpms...

less stress over all to put on the motor and valve train... feel me travis?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Reason why I anticipate your setup will have problems with F/I is because we produce a good deal of Torque when boosted. It's rather hard hitting if your turbo is peaky, so perhaps a turbo with a really linear power delivery "might" be optimal for you, but I think you will spend most of your time without traction.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
yes true ^^ but why run the risk of maxing out a gear at top speed when i have a few extra hundred rpms to play with... or adding extra stress to the engine... lets say stock (roughly) 128 mph at 6500 rpms.... when i can hit 135 mph at 6500 rpms...

less stress over all to put on the motor and valve train... feel me travis?

I'm not following...(good discussion by the way, at least till we hear back from Justin on the dyno day).

What's your redline now?

Have you removed electronic speed cut?

Since speed cut is electronically controlled, gear changing won't stop you from hitting a wall at 127mph. I'm not sure what speed some of the boosted tC's are at when they are approaching 7800rpms, but I'm pretty sure that at 7800rpms in 5th gear will be around the 160-170mph range. Also when you say less stress and saying 128mph at 6500rpms vs 135mph at 6500rpms....kinda hard to judge. Perhaps it comes down to what gear you are in when your at the said speed (really hard to judge and would need someone to chime in who has an increased redline and boost to give feedback). I remember SoFlo saying he is hitting like 120+ in 4th gear.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol almost all boosted tc's have traction problems bro... thats not really something thats avoidable unless i run drag radials or slicks daily...

i dont plan on using any type of peak style turbo either. i prefer a linear powerband to help with the traction. its no fun hitting peak boost at peak rpms...

i only anticipate having problems with first gear.. but then again.. ill also being doing a boost by gear setup.. so going from a dig or daily driving off of first wont be a hue problem.

ive already thought alot about future plans so im doing everything almost backwards to some extent.. the turbo will be the last part of the puzzle... but being thats also a long way off... for now... im enjoying the car ALOT more street wise with this MT setup then before... and ive been dropping times so its definitely working for me
Old 10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I'm not following...(good discussion by the way, at least till we hear back from Justin on the dyno day).

What's your redline now?

Have you removed electronic speed cut?

Since speed cut is electronically controlled, gear changing won't stop you from hitting a wall at 127mph. I'm not sure what speed some of the boosted tC's are at when they are approaching 7800rpms, but I'm pretty sure that at 7800rpms in 5th gear will be around the 160-170mph range. Also when you say less stress and saying 128mph at 6500rpms vs 135mph at 6500rpms....kinda hard to judge. Perhaps it comes down to what gear you are in when your at the said speed (really hard to judge and would need someone to chime in who has an increased redline and boost to give feedback). I remember SoFlo saying he is hitting like 120+ in 4th gear.
you can easily hit 120 in 4th but you'll have to do major upgrades to get there to the redline.. but im gauging in parameters of 5th gear... in 4th gear at high rpms.. it will be more then likely ill be loosing traction to some extent with what my goals are.. which is why im being more passive in terms of talking about 5th... were traction wont be such a huge problem and i can still easily speed away and keep going depending up the car im going up against.

and i dont plan on stopping at 140 (lol i did that with my old b series.. wasnt a big deal)... i should be able to hit 150 now (technically if my math is correct)... car can redline to 7500+ rpms easily but i have it set to 7k for now and the speed cut has also been removed. so im basically only hindered by the rpms. like u said theres plenty of variable to think about at that speed at which gear.. im attacking it from a perspective of preventiveness in case a z06 or evo decides to say "screw it im going top end and he HAS to pull back" in which case .... lol i wont have to haha

Last edited by TCpete; 10-26-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats up with some dyno numbers...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im gona grab my little digicam and take a vid for you travis so i can see how things are at said speeds in said gear... lol but in miami... haha its gona be tough getting to 130 lol
Old 10-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

im gona grab my little digicam and take a vid for you travis so i can see how things are at said speeds in said gear... lol but in miami... haha its gona be tough getting to 130 lol
Miami with speeds over 30 = FAIL

Turnpike FTW

Keep us posted Pete. That should be quite interesting.

Also, keep in mind that if you effectively rev each gear out more, you will also achieve a high trap. This is the same premise Dan Gardner is using on his tC and has hit over 140mph
Old 10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im shooting for over 140 either on the TP or i75... theres really no place else i can do it unless im on the palmetto at 4am.. and that wont happen lol
Old 10-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

im shooting for over 140 either on the TP or i75... theres really no place else i can do it unless im on the palmetto at 4am.. and that wont happen lol
TP > 75

Did you ever go to the Boca meets Pete?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL the home depot or lowes ones^^^?

ya i hit 120 in 4th not even at my redline which was set at like 7200 at the time.... i cant wait to go for a top speed run with 7800 redline.. hopefully i dont break anything lol
Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC

ya i hit 120 in 4th not even at my redline which was set at like 7200 at the time.... i cant wait to go for a top speed run with 7800 redline.. hopefully i dont break anything lol
HD. I never went to the Lowes ones when I was down there.

Saw an auto Supra that Billet Design built making 1200rwhp race a turbo'd bike.............CRAZY!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

you can easily hit 120 in 4th but you'll have to do major upgrades to get there to the redline.. but im gauging in parameters of 5th gear... in 4th gear at high rpms.. it will be more then likely ill be loosing traction to some extent with what my goals are.. which is why im being more passive in terms of talking about 5th... were traction wont be such a huge problem and i can still easily speed away and keep going depending up the car im going up against.

and i dont plan on stopping at 140 (lol i did that with my old b series.. wasnt a big deal)... i should be able to hit 150 now (technically if my math is correct)... car can redline to 7500+ rpms easily but i have it set to 7k for now and the speed cut has also been removed. so im basically only hindered by the rpms. like u said theres plenty of variable to think about at that speed at which gear.. im attacking it from a perspective of preventiveness in case a z06 or evo decides to say "screw it im going top end and he HAS to pull back" in which case .... lol i wont have to haha

Same here. No speed limiter and ability to increase rpms. When I get my PTuning kit, and build the head, I'm reving out to 7500-7800rpms. Without changing gears it would do 160mph simply due to the extra rpms.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah that's what I thought. The speed potential is there on boost and increased redline.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

correct trav.. but like i said before.. you might get 150 at 7800.. but ill be getting 150 at 7k... imagine what i could do with those extra 800 rpms =) it might not be much in term of rpms.. but put that into perspective at where you will be stopping because ur running out of gear VS me ....
Old 10-27-2009, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey pete how much would u charge to do some tranny work.. like pretty much make my tranny yours in other words.
are u asking that he be your tranny or are you trying to pimp out your tranny. kinky stuff either way. what's your 1/8th time pete?

Last edited by ESEMRFOZZ13; 10-27-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

correct trav.. but like i said before.. you might get 150 at 7800.. but ill be getting 150 at 7k... imagine what i could do with those extra 800 rpms =) it might not be much in term of rpms.. but put that into perspective at where you will be stopping because ur running out of gear VS me ....
We are already aware though that it won't take a full 7800rpms to break 150mph (F/I guys with increased RPMs). But I hear what you saying, only time will tell. It's just my pre-analysis but it's a speculation at best. I am really interested in seeing how it plays out. Bottom line...Good job on trying a different route.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

current 1/8th mile is 9.7 flat.. but ive made adjustments since then and the car feels strong now that i have a working clutch lol... so ill be gutting soon and shooting for 9.5's which would be very very good for a basic DD

i hear yea travis... im all about doing it different lol... hows your TA car coming along btw?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aren't we supposed to get the dyno results soon? lol I'm anxious to see!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DISSAPOINTING NEWS..

In fact I did take my middle single supra and the tc, TC was running great BTW.. It ended up being 39-40 degrees that night, and Spinning was a SERIOUS issue before at 65 degrees.. Not to mention 6 more psi, and 75 shot, and More timing!!

I concluded to take the tc this weekend most likely when I put my 800WHP supra on the dyno and at 25 psi (about 650 WHP) it made 400 WHP..LOL.. the run lasted literally 1 second because it spun SO hard.. they had to strap down my rear control arms to even get it to hold.. so next run I did 660 WHP at 25 PSI on the supra, and tunrned it up to 32 psi and started blazing the tires again and made 500 WHP// lol

so didnt want to waste the TC's power making run if something like that was going to happen.

Ended up turning the boost down to 20 and racing a 520-540WHP Buschur racing built evo, COULD NOT hook at all on those tiny ___ BFG's 225s on a 39 degree night!!! NOOOO.. 1st race I blew the blow off valve hose off(thanks to my budy who forgot to zip tie it back..lol) but the dud still posted the vid like an a$$. even when I let off 1/2 sec into the race I knew what happend when I saw the AF gauge go to 10.0 2nd race it was better, but I spun so hard and still pulled him about a car, and as soon as I started to really pull him he braked HARD..haha.. Evo was pretty fast for sure, but the TC shines even spinning to 100+!!! @ only 20 PSI..

crazy incar vid for you guys so you can see what 20 psi looks like(racing evo) and then 32 and spray WOULD look like.. working on a tire setup now for the street and for the track

VID OF ME AND THE EVO.. Im in right lane, 3rd gear about 60, and spun hard he started to walk up on me, then by the end I was a 1/2 car past him and really pullin him hard and he braked at like 115 mph..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-58Zut-akQ

Last edited by tofast4u; 10-27-2009 at 05:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Jessicas comp 67mm goes back to dyno sunday!! Details inside!