Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Jessicas comp 67mm goes back to dyno sunday!! Details inside!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good stuff man!! hows the tranny holding up?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
good stuff man!! hows the tranny holding up?
GOOD so far.. lol.. Id say it will take a few runs to dismiss the crap out of it! lol.. KNOCK ON WOOD!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tofast4u
DISSAPOINTING NEWS..

In fact I did take my middle single supra and the tc, TC was running great BTW.. It ended up being 39-40 degrees that night, and Spinning was a SERIOUS issue before at 65 degrees.. Not to mention 6 more psi, and 75 shot, and More timing!!

I concluded to take the tc this weekend most likely when I put my 800WHP supra on the dyno and at 25 psi (about 650 WHP) it made 400 WHP..LOL.. the run lasted literally 1 second because it spun SO hard.. they had to strap down my rear control arms to even get it to hold.. so next run I did 660 WHP at 25 PSI on the supra, and tunrned it up to 32 psi and started blazing the tires again and made 500 WHP// lol

so didnt want to waste the TC's power making run if something like that was going to happen.

Ended up turning the boost down to 20 and racing a 520-540WHP Buschur racing built evo, COULD NOT hook at all on those tiny ___ BFG's 225s on a 39 degree night!!! NOOOO.. 1st race I blew the blow off valve hose off(thanks to my budy who forgot to zip tie it back..lol) but the dud still posted the vid like an a$$. even when I let off 1/2 sec into the race I knew what happend when I saw the AF gauge go to 10.0 2nd race it was better, but I spun so hard and still pulled him about a car, and as soon as I started to really pull him he braked HARD..haha.. Evo was pretty fast for sure, but the TC shines even spinning to 100+!!! @ only 20 PSI..

crazy incar vid for you guys so you can see what 20 psi looks like(racing evo) and then 32 and spray WOULD look like.. working on a tire setup now for the street and for the track

VID OF ME AND THE EVO.. Im in right lane, 3rd gear about 60, and spun hard he started to walk up on me, then by the end I was a 1/2 car past him and really pullin him hard and he braked at like 115 mph..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-58Zut-akQ

Dude listen to how sick the ptuning wastegate sounds! DAMM
Old 10-27-2009, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
current 1/8th mile is 9.7 flat.. but ive made adjustments since then and the car feels strong now that i have a working clutch lol... so ill be gutting soon and shooting for 9.5's which would be very very good for a basic DD

i hear yea travis... im all about doing it different lol... hows your TA car coming along btw?

Good man. Kinda waiting in limbo right now and waiting to get my 350z gone (hopefully in spring). Right now I'm just picking up little stuff to address the suspension (sway bar, ES Main bushing set, tires...etc). The big stuff like the PTuning kit, the Volk RE30s w/RT615's that Nurspec has for me are going to come after the Z is gone.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Good man. Kinda waiting in limbo right now and waiting to get my 350z gone (hopefully in spring). Right now I'm just picking up little stuff to address the suspension (sway bar, ES Main bushing set, tires...etc). The big stuff like the PTuning kit, the Volk RE30s w/RT615's that Nurspec has for me are going to come after the Z is gone.
Selling the Zed Trav? Why?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
Dude listen to how sick the ptuning wastegate sounds! DAMM

LOL...straight drowned out the Evo....That's how it's done.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Selling the Zed Trav? Why?

Should have been gone a long time ago to tell you the truth. Dealer screwed me over when I bought it to begin with. But since the whole Time Attack thing and me wanting to really turn the notch up on it, I can make a lot more room to grow with the tC if I got rid of the heavy wallet hitting Z. I would save so much money with it gone.

Not to mention...there's a certain Concept RWD car coming out in 2011 that I've fallen in love with...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tofast4u
Ended up turning the boost down to 20 and racing a 520-540WHP Buschur racing built evo, COULD NOT hook at all on those tiny ___ BFG's 225s on a 39 degree night!!! NOOOO.. 1st race I blew the blow off valve hose off(thanks to my budy who forgot to zip tie it back..lol) but the dud still posted the vid like an a$$. even when I let off 1/2 sec into the race

He did post what happened in the description of the video, so he's not a complete ****.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Should have been gone a long time ago to tell you the truth. Dealer screwed me over when I bought it to begin with. But since the whole Time Attack thing and me wanting to really turn the notch up on it, I can make a lot more room to grow with the tC if I got rid of the heavy wallet hitting Z. I would save so much money with it gone.

Not to mention...there's a certain Concept RWD car coming out in 2011 that I've fallen in love with...
____ on the dealer note. It's all good and at least you realized it and are taking action to get it all nailed down to achieve your goals.

I think I know what car you are referring to. It may be the same one I have my eyes on too..................
Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

____ on the dealer note. It's all good and at least you realized it and are taking action to get it all nailed down to achieve your goals.

I think I know what car you are referring to. It may be the same one I have my eyes on too..................

Oh, forgot one other MAJOR factor....hehee. Expecting son #2 next month. So, 2 boys and No girls...YAY!!! No offense to daddies little girls out there.

So, I have the tC with fixed back bucket seats and none in the rear, the Z that's only a 2seater, and a Buick Regal that I use as a family/when tC not running car. BUT the Regal isn't exactly an eye pleaser, it's more of a beater that rides as smooth as a Caddy even with nearly 300k miles on it. I love it, but like I said, it needs some "visual" pleasing mods. SOO....I need a 4 door with some style so heavily looking into a used Audi A4 (sexy).

My woman though texted me and said she really liked a freakin Kia Forte..
Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

someone give me a damn job so i can buy one....lol
Old 10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, forgot one other MAJOR factor....hehee. Expecting son #2 next month. So, 2 boys and No girls...YAY!!! No offense to daddies little girls out there.

So, I have the tC with fixed back bucket seats and none in the rear, the Z that's only a 2seater, and a Buick Regal that I use as a family/when tC not running car. BUT the Regal isn't exactly an eye pleaser, it's more of a beater that rides as smooth as a Caddy even with nearly 300k miles on it. I love it, but like I said, it needs some "visual" pleasing mods. SOO....I need a 4 door with some style so heavily looking into a used Audi A4 (sexy).

Haaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaa
Old 10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats on your second kid TRAV! what 2011 car are you talking about?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Congrats on seed #2 Travis!

My wife is 6 months prego with our 1st seed, which is a little girl.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
congrats on your second kid TRAV! what 2011 car are you talking about?

Thanks mang!

The bastard child of Toyota and Subaru. Although I'm not feeling the rumor of a N/A boxer motor for the Yota and a turbo version for the Subaru one.

2jz swap
Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the government made me sigh a piece of paper stating that i will never reproduce.
that car sounds mean i want some fly by vids of my car to hear how it sounds under wot
Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Congrats on seed #2 Travis!

My wife is 6 months prego with our 1st seed, which is a little girl.

SWEET! Congrats to you and the family also. I think I would be a mean dad if I had a little girl....lol. To much pressure for me to handle.

My boy Clayton put it best when he said:

"With a boy, you only have to worry about one d_ck. With a girl, you have to worry about a bunch of d_cks".

I had to pick myself up off the ground when he said that.

PS...sorry Justin for the minor thread jack.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He did post what happened in the description of the video, so he's not a complete ****.

?? what vid? Im talking about the first race as you can see I let off 1/2 a sec into the run, and coast by cruising by, you cant even hear the car.. I knew right away when I got on it what happened. Oh well, he could at least posted I let off, just like he posts he didnt jump the cobra on teh 2nd beep...lol

here is the origional vid, the evo beat a 598whp whipple cobra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M55qkBVgQE
Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Firstly, let me say we absolutely positively do NOT condone these speeds on public roadways. Take it to the track you guys. At 7,000 rpm, the gearing potential of the car with a 235/40R17 (24.4 in. tire dia) is as follows:

MPH at Engine Speed
RPM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
7,000 33.91 58.68 90.02 123.45 154.83
RPM Drop 4046 4563 5104 5581

Pasted from sheet...sorry.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn so with a 7800 ill hit 160? suhweeeet

Quick Reply: Jessicas comp 67mm goes back to dyno sunday!! Details inside!