Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Just Came Back From PTuning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What are you running for trans fluid? Running a short throw?
Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Could be the new clutch, maybe it needs to have the pedal adjusted....
Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trans fluid Redline MT-90 no short shifter. Also the clutch got adjusted like a week or two after I picked up the car as I noticed the issue that same day. Whats weird is that when I originally set up my appt. for tuesday I was still having theses issues then for like 3 days straight leading up to Tuesday i had no shifting issues at all but I went anyway because my boost gauge wasnt working and I needed the motor mount (which is awesome by the way). Then all of a sudden this morning it starts up again
Old 04-30-2011, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice i cant wait to be back on boost
Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MDTC713
trans fluid Redline MT-90 no short shifter. Also the clutch got adjusted like a week or two after I picked up the car as I noticed the issue that same day. Whats weird is that when I originally set up my appt. for tuesday I was still having theses issues then for like 3 days straight leading up to Tuesday i had no shifting issues at all but I went anyway because my boost gauge wasnt working and I needed the motor mount (which is awesome by the way). Then all of a sudden this morning it starts up again

Hmm...have you ever replaced your Clutch Master/Slave cly?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

you could try swapping out fluids for mobil 1 75w90....just an idea
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Small update just hit the 500 mile mark this Tuesday (don't drive my car that much and live about 5 mins from work) drove up to Ptuning and picked up Their Ptuning extreme motor mount as my motor would get A LOT of movement sometimes. Since I picked up the car I've been having an issue shifting into 3rd gear. Its weird cause it seems to come and go sometimes it shifts as smooth as butter but other times when I'm upshifting it feels like it gets stuck right when I'm shifting into it. This morning though when it was a lil colder out I was having the same issues with 1st and 2nd. There is no grinding or noises whatsoever. Any ideas?

Its that ACT 6 puck. its garbage. so many people have the same problem. It needs to be adjusted. longer push rod, something. Even then that doesn't work. everybody has issues with it. anyways, great numbers man. But is that on a stock motor? you riskin 10lbs on the stock? You gotta get that thing dropped! don't do tein coils, do the DG's like you were sayin.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea its on a stock motor. For the amount of use my car gets, 10psi is pretty safe. It also helps that I have a VERY GOOD shop nearby that has a really good tuner . Car is still on the same wheel and suspension setup. Coilovers are gonna have to wait money is kinda tight right now. Plus I have to fix my front bumper since someone decided hit it, and decided they would let me deal with cost of fixing it. The damage is not too bad just hate looking at it and I hate looking at it even more since I dont know who did it. So I've decided since its gonna get fixed im gonna fill the license plate holes while im at and pick up Ptuning's relocation kit. As far as the clutch still have 3rd gear issues every now and then car seems like it shifts smoother at higher rpms in that gear.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea its on a stock motor. For the amount of use my car gets, 10psi is pretty safe. It also helps that I have a VERY GOOD shop nearby that has a really good tuner . Car is still on the same wheel and suspension setup. Coilovers are gonna have to wait money is kinda tight right now. Plus I have to fix my front bumper since someone decided hit it, and decided they would let me deal with cost of fixing it. The damage is not too bad just hate looking at it and I hate looking at it even more since I dont know who did it. So I've decided since its gonna get fixed im gonna fill the license plate holes while im at and pick up Ptuning's relocation kit. As far as the clutch still have 3rd gear issues every now and then car seems like it shifts smoother at higher rpms in that gear.
Sounds like a flakey syncro, my 2nd gear was the same way. I use Redline MTL now and it is 10x better. It is lighter than recommended however syncros work better. You can always give it a try. I remember test driving your car, clutch was fine.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I remember you drove it. It works fine most of the time and every now and then its just a lil harder to get into that gear. It only happens when upshifting never when I downshift.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 AM
SL Member

Ever think of running strait syncro mesh?? I have moble 1 in my now but I was thinking of doing half syncro mes half mobile 1. Mine feels notch like if I upshift to any gear it doesnt grind but when I switch to the next gear it pauses then goes in is that normal? Shouldn't it be one smooth movement?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:10 AM
SL Member

wow man your tc looks nice and that interior is sick
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ thanks man I appreciate it. Im working on a few things that will get the exterior looking a little better in my opinion. I just picked up some h&r sport springs and the 17x9 +35 Enkei rpf1s through Dezod which will end up looking like this http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=605573 after I PC them. The springs are gonna go on pretty soon, the rims im gonna wait to throw them on till the spring
Old 10-03-2011, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many miles have you ran on that power level on stock motor?
Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not even 2500 yet. Its my DD but I live real close to work and when I go out with fam we use my wife's car since its a 4 door.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not even 2500 yet. Its my DD but I live real close to work and when I go out with fam we use my wife's car since its a 4 door.
Yea I was just curious on how the motor is holding up on that power level.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

motor is holding up fine as far as I can tell. My car only has about 32k so its still fairly new motor as well
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So im literally having the worst year ever. Earlier this year I had a hit and run on my car at work with damage to tje front bumper. Then 3 months ago someone visiting my neighbor hit my back bumper and rear quarter panel her insurance covered that. I decided to put in a claim for both at the same time ive been driving around with brand new bumpers for maybe 2 months. So yesterday I walk out to my car and I have damage in the same exact spot rear quarter panel and bumper. I park my car on the curb in front of my house and everyone and their mother uses my neighbors driveway across from me as a place to turn around. Nobody left a note or anything my question is if I report a claim it will ne 1 not at fault and 2 uninsured motorist claims in less than 4 months does anyone know if this one will affect my rates?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can always file a hit an run report with the local PD. if your car was stationary it's a valid claim. I did this When someone swiped my 06 xB and my insurance took the report and all I paid was my deductible... No raise on rates or anything and I had just had an at fault in my jeep 3 months earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I talked to my insurance company about hit and run, they said that getting the car fixed won't cause the price to go up, but when it comes time to re-evaluate your insurance, they may drop me if I accumulate too many. Which is dumb because I pay them way too much for zero accidents.

Quick Reply: Just Came Back From PTuning!!!