Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Kenny Strickler from ZPI & turbochargers.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Kenny Strickler from ZPI & turbochargers.com

Post up your experience to help out the lawmen!

Email info to david@turbochargers.com as well.

ACK154 EDIT: Let's keep this to ONLY experiences and feedback - we don't need a bunch of chatter cluttering this up.

Last edited by ack154; 02-23-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats the deal with this? Did he rip off turbochargers.com as well
Old 02-23-2010, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Edited 'cause I'm "special."

Here's the dealio-

i am David@turbochargers.com and I was selling to Kenny Strickler when he was at ZPI a Scion based company or so I thought. Kenny told me he wanted to leave that company and come to turbochargers.com to manage my business, as I had indicated that i wanted to semi retire. I made a huge mistake in hiring him and Sean Newton as well as Kenny's wife Keisha. I paid them excessive amounts of money and there was never a profit. But this is not the criminal part, this is me just being stupid. Kenny forged checks to family and friends. Kenny opened an online credit card in my name and charged $35k approximately, aLL OF THAT WAS FOR HIMSELF AND KEISHA. Kenny with Sean's help intercepted the mail to me and disposed of all the past due invoices. Creditors called turbochargers.com to get paid and Kenny told them he was the owner and he would pay them later, or some other excuse so the creditors would not call me to ask why I had not paid them. Kenny over spent his Credit card that I did give him, but his excuse that he was entertaining guest and customers. Kenny sent approximately $15k to Keisha from my business pay pal account, and never told me about it.
I could go on here, but when Kenny came to turbochargers.com there was $200k in the bank and $300k in inventory. Now I owe $300k and have $50k in inventory. And that is after 2 years of business that was supposed to be profitable.
Somehow I am still in business, I guess after 31 years some people still trust me.
So, if you had a similar experience like this with Kenny, Sean, or Keisha, please let me know. The DA handling my case wants some history on these people as intent is a great part of proving my case.
david@turbochargers.com
please help, thanks

Last edited by captainlaziness; 02-23-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously people. Unless you have some ACTUAL INFORMATION regarding the topic - DO NOT POST HERE.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:03 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do we need this thread? none of these people have even been on here lately.

highvoltage1 says - YES

Last edited by highvoltage1; 02-24-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 PM
SL Member

If you do not want to help keep dishonest people from your experiences then I can understand you not wanting to help. but this is a way to expose the very people that have screwed you in the past and clean up the car business. It's your choice.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Kenny Strickler from ZPI & turbochargers.com

Originally Posted by david@turbochargers.com
If you do not want to help keep dishonest people from your experiences then I can understand you not wanting to help. but this is a way to expose the very people that have screwed you in the past and clean up the car business. It's your choice.
Most of the people he screwed over probably don't come on here anymore or probably don't hve there scion anymore. Why don't you beck out the big thread from a while ago about zpi an everyone they screwed over. I remember seeing a big thread about them and who they screwed over.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^That is a PERFECT idea. All you need to do David is scroll through the archives and find the big debacle of a thread that about when it all came crashing down. Just use that for material/experiences. No one in here is left with experiences to help your cause.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

I think the better idea would be to just email, or phone Dave directly, I know that is what I will be doing.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I am sure you 2 know some people who dealt with him since yal were big into ZPI back in the day. Tell them to call Dave or get an account and share.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I dont have any material proof of fraud to help. All I can do is talk to character in general. Their "in house" LED swap service was actually them shipping peoples gauges to me, having me swap the leds, then nearly doubling the price I charged them (charging around $200 I think). I only did a few since:

1) The first one they tried to blame me for breaking something that there is NO WAY could have been broken by anything but a clumsy installation back in the car. I even offered to refund them the price anyway, but I think they just wanted to blame someone other than themselves.

2) They would randomly, with no warning, ship stuff to me, with me sometimes being out of town, leaving customers waiting for a week or two sometimes. This was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back for me.

3) The first two took me forever to get paid for. Seriously, for a gauge/hvac swap I charge $100 for, they couldnt seem to pay me on time. And of course, someone had always "hacked their paypal account, stolen their credit card" or some other excuse.

Needless to say I chose to just pass the huge savings to customers by just working on my own

Again, nothing towards being able to say they were doing anything illegal, but definitely backs you in your claims of bad business. I just feel bad for the customers that waited an eternity for their gauges from ZPI, who probably made some random excuse.. and damaged units themselves when handling them. They were nice people up front, but apparently horrible at business.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
^^That is a PERFECT idea. All you need to do David is scroll through the archives and find the big debacle of a thread that about when it all came crashing down. Just use that for material/experiences. No one in here is left with experiences to help your cause.
and when you look through those threads keep an eye out for what scionlife members are fighting tooth and nail for him and his rep.

send a pm to etsnet. he can tell you all about kenny.

Last edited by SquallLHeart; 02-25-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 AM
SL Member

This dialogue all is exactly what I need from your forum. I don't wish to bother anyone with old news, but the DA wants to see about his character and past dealings. I'm not asking for anyone to testify, just need a little help with his history.
thanks in advance
david@turbochargers.com
or call my cell 713 825 1111 or office 713 681 1111
Old 02-25-2010, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

This dialogue all is exactly what I need from your forum. I don't wish to bother anyone with old news, but the DA wants to see about his character and past dealings. I'm not asking for anyone to testify, just need a little help with his history.
thanks in advance
david@turbochargers.com

Dave I will give you a call Friday, want to make sure I have plenty of time to go over everything, including all the information I have from Danny from the ZPI deal
Old 02-25-2010, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks in advance
david@turbochargers.com
Hey David, its Dave. I was the one who came down and stayed a week 2 winters ago, white turbo tC.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I never had a bad experience with Kenny (I'm not saying he didnt to wrong to others) I dont know why I got any different service than anyone else, hell I didnt spend half the money some of you did but a zpi stage 0, a turbo upgrade, new manifold, emanage ultimate, all purchased without a hitch and at a good price.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:32 PM
SL Member

Default kenny Strickler crook

Originally Posted by rozz-tC
Hey David, its Dave. I was the one who came down and stayed a week 2 winters ago, white turbo tC.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I never had a bad experience with Kenny (I'm not saying he didnt to wrong to others) I dont know why I got any different service than anyone else, hell I didnt spend half the money some of you did but a zpi stage 0, a turbo upgrade, new manifold, emanage ultimate, all purchased without a hitch and at a good price.
Not every one that did business with turbochargers.com had a bad experience or I would be out of business a long time ago. It's just many of our customers were lied to and cheated by Kenny. Whenever it was advantageous for him to steal money and parts, the customer would come last, or shall I say I was last, the customer would come out ok before me. Believe me I still am paying for his screw ups to this very day. I have an ISF that he told the customer was ready to go. It made less than stock power after Kenny put the twin turbo kit on it. Now, I have to pay to make it right.
david@turbochargers.com
Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Here's an old post about ZPI

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110309
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Dont forget about the mitsubishi's before scions and artisian performance right after zpi.

http://www.artisanperformance.com/

Last edited by SquallLHeart; 02-25-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 PM
SL Member

I can't even get into the back of http://www.artisanperformance.com since this is the last item held hostage by Sean and Kenny. This is a site I paid for and was owned by turbochargers.com, but the crooks somehow maybe using it for themselves.
david@turbochargers.com
As far as the Mitsubishi turbos, what do you refer to?
Old 02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't even get into the back of http://www.artisanperformance.com since this is the last item held hostage by Sean and Kenny. This is a site I paid for and was owned by turbochargers.com, but the crooks somehow maybe using it for themselves.
david@turbochargers.com
As far as the Mitsubishi turbos, what do you refer to?
im pretty sure they did the same thing with the zpi website.

Quick Reply: Kenny Strickler from ZPI & turbochargers.com