Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Kenny Strickler from ZPI & turbochargers.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:37 AM
SL Member

Default kenny Strickler crook

Originally Posted by GetIt
Kenny never stole from me in a sense, i just paid for certain stuff and received other. All i can say is that it was a horrible experience for me.
well, he stole he lied , what ever, that is not the way I wanted my shop to be represented.
I am trying to change public opinion now. It is hard, but I am determined.
david@turbochargers.com
Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I mean no offense David but a background check would help some or some sort of research of the people you hire. Iv said it before and i understand this is a little off topic but I dont blame the shop but the people that are behind the name. Im not going to lie iv told people not to go to turbochargers because of the kind of people that work there and the ton of repairs iv had to do on your past customer cars. I do beleave there can be a second chance for your shop but thats going to take alot of work and employees that people can trust. I wish you the best of luck David and I hope at some point I could work with you guys on a project.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:53 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
I mean no offense David but a background check would help some or some sort of research of the people you hire. Iv said it before and i understand this is a little off topic but I dont blame the shop but the people that are behind the name. Im not going to lie iv told people not to go to turbochargers because of the kind of people that work there and the ton of repairs iv had to do on your past customer cars. I do beleave there can be a second chance for your shop but thats going to take alot of work and employees that people can trust. I wish you the best of luck David and I hope at some point I could work with you guys on a project.
Your advice is well taken, and from now on I will do a background check. I have been in business 30+ years and should have learned this by now.
david@turbochargers.com
Old 03-09-2010, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Honestly you did not know his past history and you never looked into it? I am a business owner and I would never let someone run my business without a background check, reference check, credit report and lots of research and it was all here in black and white. This is what miffs me the most about all this since the info was easy to find.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
SL Member

Yes I am stupid, but honest
Old 03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

good thing is your still standing...
Old 03-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well John was good. He talked me into buying alot more than I ever thought I would (with Kenny selling me items at hundreds off)
Old 03-09-2010, 06:07 PM
SL Member

Kenny gave you money off since he did not have to pay for it, I did
david@turbochargers.com
Old 03-09-2010, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

If too was offered that mishimito rad by kenny very cheap, that would have been on you
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most recent account right here!!!!!!

I had a motor built by ZPI 4 years ago while I was in the Air Force serving our country!!! Now if I wasnt traveling alot that year I would have built the motor my self but instead I pulled the motor put it in a crate and shipped it to them. I was told 2 weeks for it to be back on my door step, well cough cough 4 months later I get it back. I was happy with it for 4 years thinking everything was going perfect with the motor thinking I was one of the rare people that got a good product from this sleezy company. Well last thursday prooved I was a victim as well. Now some people will say well the motor was 4 years old and thats what happens that maybe BUT... Parts dont change them selves out of a sealed motor!!! Last thursday while putting the finishing touches on my Time Attack car with a GT3582R (ONLY dezod alpha series running at the moment) my motor Put a ROD through the block. Ok at the moment I thought My carrillo rod broke well turns out it was my STOCK!!!!!!! Rod after I paid for Carillo rods to be in the motor, and I was suppose to have JE 8.5:1 pistons when infact I had CP god knows what Compression ratio piston in there!!! Thank God I work for Vinny Ten Racing now as a tech and can do all this in house now. In the END I got screwed and I want to see this POS put away for a long time!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

wow the weak link didnt get replaced, fail.. thats pretty messed up. Knowing ZPI, at least they upgraded the pistons lol.. but thats really frustrating right there its like finding out your 4 year old kid is not yours
Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some one needs to murder that Kenny guy. Or atleast give him jail house beating.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he is in huston texans go get his punk ___. I shipped them corillo rods!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

damnn so he stole your carillos!! i bet thats the one that went in his built tc that he showed me... dunno if this guy is still here in tx he might be on the run already hopefully in ny so you can show him watsup
Old 08-19-2010, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluesciontc
he is in huston texans go get his punk ___. I shipped them corillo rods!
I mean he hasn't stole from me. But if he did I swear to god I would send a private investigator to find hi and when he does I'll pay him a visit.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks. I always wondered how someone could know whether they were getting legit parts if they had someone else build an engine for them.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One previous employee from turbochargers.com works at a local shop here. He worked with Kenny and informed me hes working for some dealership expeditor in Dallas :/ Problem with a background check is it only shows criminal charges which you were found GUILTY of. Does anyone know for a fact if hes ever been prosecuted and CONVICTED of anything related to his shenanigans? Also some employers will check to see if youve had any judgements against you in civil court, but this doesnt happen often, and if the case is settled outside of court, or still in progress, youd have no way of knowing.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:38 AM
SL Member

Guys, guys, I have the low down on Kenny Strickler, and he is not long in the free world. I have been down town 3 times to plead my case. I have been told that they are going to seriously look into it. What I need from all of you is constant complaining to the Harris County District Attorney's Office, Special Crimes Division in Houston Texas. They said the more stories they can get, the better chance they have to put him away for a long time. I am broke now, but barely still selling turbos and rebuilding them. Mark is my machinist, and he can walk the walk. If it were not for the $500k I lost over the 2 years Kenny was here at turbochargers.com, I would not be having this conversation.
So please write or call the Cops and let's see how far under the jail we can put him.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What I don't understand is everyone says they got screwed over but doesn't take him to court? Get a lawyer that only gets paid if you do lol
Old 08-19-2010, 01:42 AM
SL Member

But lawyers cost a lot of money, but the DA is free, and that is what I am doing right now.

Quick Reply: Kenny Strickler from ZPI & turbochargers.com