Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Letting half the cat out of the bag... Excited yet?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Letting half the cat out of the bag... Excited yet?!?!

Well guys, I've been laying low on some updates, so has Paul. We've been working on stuff every day now (including weekends) to take things to the next level.

The S-pipe rubbing issue should be resolved next week. We also figured out the MAF issue making our consumer kits running rich. That should all be set, perfect shipments as of next week. So a full bolt up, 245whp turbo kit in a box is ready to ship, for $4075.

Now the fun stuff... As some may know, my car has been going through a bit of a "make-over". I've left engine details out for a reason because we've been testing different options for the customer. Keep in mind, this is a show car, built for the track. Who says you can't have the best of both worlds? Granted my major disadvantage is weight (due to the custom ICE), I think the other mods will offset the system nicely.

Dezod Motor/Powertrain updates:
*Pistons are still in the works (capable of over 500whp and treated for high temps)
*New downpipes have been made. We're now running an open dump, catless system (soon to be dyno'd)
*We are using a new bar and plate intercooler. This unit won an award at the last SEMA show. It's a great looking, VERY compact intercooler, that supports 550hp.
*We are also testing a secondary fuel pump system, that activates under certain boost levels.
*We are also still in the development stage of full race axles. Being we snapped one on our base S1 kit, I think it's a good mod to have.

Dezod Electronic updates:
We are developing AND testing a full plug and play engine management system. It has worked flawlessly on every other car it's been installed on. People that run this prefer it over the Emanage and SAFC. The tuning software is VERY powerful, and considering the features, still capable of understanding. This unit allows us to tune for a target A/F, control secondary devices (suchs as a fuel pump), and logs data from devices like the AEM wideband.

With just mechanical upgrades (IE, still using the base emanage) We are actually expecting to hit the 300whp mark, with about 320wtq, with a 15% load on a Dynomite dyno system. With the addition of the better tuning I'm expecting closer to 320-330whp. All this power will be on our Stage 1 turbo and at 11psi.

Now the advantage to all this? These mods should NOT affect the price of the kit in anyway. We're making our kits more powerful, more reliable, and customizeable. The new computer system should cost close to the price of the Emanage with our PnP harness. This unit will be PnP as well, we strive for simplicity.

Here's a shot of the engine bay right now. I'll throw up a couple pics of the other new things as well. We have MUCH more news than this, but we're only allowed to say so much without giving all of our secrets away. Please stay tuned guys. I think we'll be surpriising quite a bit of people.

Our new engine bay, notice the new AEM Dryflow air filter as well (GREAT UNIT)

Now the new polished bar and plate intercooler...

The new H&R racing coilovers, with Brembo cross-drilled rotors, and Axxis Ultimate pads (F&R)

Here's the new interior setup...

Corbeau TRS seats in black micro suede

Two shots of the exterior...

I'm leaving the ICE out of the pics because it's nothing performance related. The car is going into the body shop for two weeks Friday morning for custom paint. After that, a big show, another secret, then off to the dynos and race tracks.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow! I can't wait for your surprises! S1 is awesome and now your making it better...but S2 is coming out soon, I can't wait..i have to get a turbo
Old 04-06-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. I'll be releasing an entire mods list for the Dezod tC over the next few days. So people will know exactly what they're looking at. The only mods I'm leaving out will be the prototype projects we're working on. I don't want anyone knowing about anything until it's done and we can release it to the public.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i see Apex'i ??
Old 04-06-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice......very nice...

these should be the stock seats in the RS2.....
where did you pick these up?

Old 04-06-2006, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We sell the seats and the brackets (type E).

http://www.dezod.com/pd_corbeau_trs.cfm

As for the Apexi unit... It's the RSM GP. It's being used to hold rev,speed,v peaks. The most important thing I'm using it for is the G-sensor. It's allowing me to better tune the suspension via camber, sway setting, and tire pressure. It logs peak G values as well, both forward/backward and left/right.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I encourage anyone with some spare time to browse our site. You'll be surprised on how many authorized accounts we have, and how many markets we cater to. We have magazine support on the Civic platforms as well as the new Corvette. The Scion area is my pride and joy, and I'd say Paul has warmed up to it nicely. We were both diehard Civic guys, but then we experienced some real torque and the turbo civics weren't enough. Since then we've done Evos, STis, 350Zs, the Vettes, Lexus/Supra, and of course the tC.

I had a 2002 Civic with turbo, and alcohol injection, he had a 2002 Civic turbo as well. I now have the tC and he drives a Lexus IS300 that we're heavily modifying.

Here's our main web page... Check it out!
www.dezod.com
Old 04-06-2006, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new computer system should cost close to the price of the Emanage with our PnP harness. This unit will be PnP as well, we strive for simplicity.

so its 285.99 + 299.99 = 585.98

would it be more from that price range ? or less and close to it.

586 + ?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's VERY close to that price.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks

then time to save cash.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely interested in these updates. And Joe your car is sweet...love that body kit!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod

Does it look like this? I think I might know what it is with all that you described. That product matched to a 'T'. Datalogging FTW!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are those custom upholstered seats? And why is lumbar for one seat $7 and for both $140 =x
Old 04-06-2006, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say you could or could not be correct. It's all a matter of time before we release more information.

As for the seats, they are not custom upholstered. They are an option from Corbeau if you want to spend a little more on the seats when you buy them. The lumbar support pricing was a glitch and will be fixed very shortly, thanks for the catch. It's $70 for one, $140 for both.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod

Does it look like this? I think I might know what it is with all that you described. That product matched to a 'T'. Datalogging FTW!
You the man.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for that.
File removed from my server, but all I want to know is...

Ignition & Timing Control?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Joe as usual very nice pics! Love those rims, where are the old ones?

www.dezod.com we are adding new stuff almost everyday/week. We do have alot
of great accounts on our site, you would be very surprised! Feel free to take the time
to browse our site and pick up anything you want for your tC today!

You think your excited now reading this post?
Wait till the end of the month and in the early part of May, I have a feeling
we are going to really open some eyes here pretty soon

Time to go back to hiding!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay so im new to the whole turbo scene..but that one looks beautiful. And i have no plans on going turbo until my warrenty is up but i've been checking into them now so i have all my facts and such.

My question is what is with all the small intercoolers im starting to see? is there a difference between the small one in your picture, and the bigger ones i've seen on other cars?

A link or a short description would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know im excited... cant wait to see it.

im already boosted on a custom setup, any way the engine management system can be purchased separate? (if im interested after unveiling)
Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Everything looks HOT!, Cant wait for the outcome Dezod

Quick Reply: Letting half the cat out of the bag... Excited yet?!?!