Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

A little disappointed with the TC engine..

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EvolutionxB
Not trying to flame you, but you should check your facts before you post.
For what the 22 or the 11psi? I was going by what a SRT4 owner told me was stock psi, just like if one of my freinds with an tC told me it was 200hp stock. What reason would I have to not beleive them, I dont own one and was going by what they told me was stock. Anyways rant over....
Old 08-23-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
For what the 22 or the 11psi? I was going by what a SRT4 owner told me was stock psi, just like if one of my freinds with an tC told me it was 200hp stock. What reason would I have to not beleive them, I dont own one and was going by what they told me was stock. Anyways rant over....
It's cool. I know people that tell false stories also.
My friend with the SRT-4 told me his car is faster then the police pursuit cars. I'm like year right
Old 08-23-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
My friend with the SRT-4 told me his car is faster then the police pursuit cars. I'm like year right
Werd, lets get off the SRT's and talk about making Scions fater and better than a Neon.

Back on topic.. Peteyd were is that head for testing.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Werd, lets get off the SRT's and talk about making Scions fater and better than a Neon.

Back on topic.. Peteyd were is that head for testing.

Ok I have a true story about the scion tc and neon srt-4. LoL I was bugging out with my friend with the SRT-4 and I have S/C with ZPI 9lb plus and the 110 bpv. I wasn't impressed with the SRT-4 after I saw it in action when him and I was bugging out. I heard so much hype about it, anyway. off the subject with the SRT-4 and Back the Scion Tc.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member

Google is your friend, never believe what so and so says until you google it, just smile and nod.

Personally, I think the all aluminum engine in the tC is a great platform for modding. I think people should consider dyno queens to actual performance and drivability.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason for lower horsepower could be related to a variety of reasons. Engine management, Air/Fuel ratio, exhaust flow and back pressure, intercooler size and turbo boost. Plus, consistent performance is more important than 501 hp dyno runs. Who knows how that car would run after heat soak.

Also, are you considering how much was invested in that car compared to yours? And what the owner of that vehicle could have purchased with the money invested+the car? 25k+ for the car (probably 27,000 out the door), then maybe at least 10k in modifications and tuning. He could have bought a real car, ie, STi, Evo or Corvette. Cars that can turn and accelerate consistently.

I sincerely doubt that Acura was running with stock internals. Forced induction cars can't run with 11:1 compression, they need the lower compression to compensate for the higher amounts of air being forced into the cylinders. If it was stock, I wonder what kinds of issues that car is having now.

Stock maximum boost is 15 psi for Dodge SRTs.

Evo's boost 1.5 Bar all day, thats almost 21 psi.

dude not to start a debate but i used to on a 2003 civic si. i put a k24 motor out of crv with 24000 miles and an a2 head out of a type s i also had a rev hard stage 1 turbo kit with a k pro enough said with this bolt ons and tuning i drove the car daily for two years on pump gas at 13psi and on race days i used race fuel and brought the boost all the way up to 17 psi. know the only reason why i say two years is beacause the car was stolen but i bet you who ever stole the engine,k-pro and tranny out of my car is still using that same set up in thier integra civic rsx whatever because people in yonkers,ny are just grimey.know honda k series are way stronger then the 2az and its not because of the 2az head because the bottom is weak.know i own a tc and love it i will soon be turboed by zpi and just waiting for dezod to come out with thier EMS. once they com out with thier EMS i will also by pistons and rods throught them and i will tell you how much boost a stock 2az can take
Old 08-23-2006, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member

How much did you put into that engine, parts and labor? If you did it yourself, how much would someone expect to pay to have that stuff installed?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason for lower horsepower could be related to a variety of reasons. Engine management, Air/Fuel ratio, exhaust flow and back pressure, intercooler size and turbo boost. Plus, consistent performance is more important than 501 hp dyno runs. Who knows how that car would run after heat soak.

Also, are you considering how much was invested in that car compared to yours? And what the owner of that vehicle could have purchased with the money invested+the car? 25k+ for the car (probably 27,000 out the door), then maybe at least 10k in modifications and tuning. He could have bought a real car, ie, STi, Evo or Corvette. Cars that can turn and accelerate consistently.

I sincerely doubt that Acura was running with stock internals. Forced induction cars can't run with 11:1 compression, they need the lower compression to compensate for the higher amounts of air being forced into the cylinders. If it was stock, I wonder what kinds of issues that car is having now.

I know the guy it has stock internals. Heat soak or not it still made 501 so when it cools down it will do it again.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rasta

I know the guy it has stock internals. Heat soak or not it still made 501 so when it cools down it will do it again.
Have you ever noticed when people talk about Honda making power, theres always some excuse they try to talk about. But if its a Toyota there are no excuses. Kind of pathetic how people can't accept Honda makes strong motors.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much did you put into that engine, parts and labor? If you did it yourself, how much would someone expect to pay to have that stuff installed?
dude civic si 22963.54 after taxes and finance charges k24 motor(crv long block)with 23000 miles 550.00 at the junk yard. i sold my motor for 700.00 on ebay with 9000 miles on it rev hard kit and k pro with fidanza fly wheel and clutch 6000.00 tuning 250.00 and labor PRICELESS oh boost cauge 200.00 with manual boost controler. so the total is just under 30000.00 so a car with 467 whp for that price is pretty good to me
Old 08-24-2006, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yea and my a2 heaed was 500
Old 08-24-2006, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: A little disappointed with the TC engine..

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by Rasta
The 501whp by the way was at 17psi on racegas

And just how much hp do you think a tC would make on 17 PSI and racegas? We just need more time to push the motor that far. The car has only been out for what 3 years.
http://www.scionspeed.com/videos/tc426pull.mpg not as much as you think
Old 08-24-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If Honda makes stronger motors then Toyota why did you guys get a Tc? From personal experience I had more problems with a Honda motor then a Toyota motor. I had Honda accord 1990, an Acura Integra 1994, Subaru legacy 1991, ES300 1999, Celica gts 2000 and now I have a 2006 TC. I have been thru alot of cars. LOL All of them was stick but the ES 300 and Subaru wasn't. My Integra and accord motor died on me after I put a few mods on them (Way me lord) . I sold the legacy to my cousin and he crashed it. My mother crashed my ES 300 but it’s fix now. My sold the Celica to my ex. That was a dumb move but the car was under her name anyway. I should kept it . Now I have the Tc. If don’t believe me I can show pixs of all of my old cars. All I have to say is that I didn’t have any problems with my Toyota motors so I can’t complaint.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, but I have to go back to the srt-4. One of my friends ownes one, it run's 11's all day on stock internals. At the track he cranks up to 27psi, daily driving is around 19psi. Those motors are tuff and built to handle some serious boost, 8.0:1 stock pistons. With just a stock block they are capable of making way more power than the tC. But like I always say, at the end of the day, IT'S STILL A NEON.

Again sorry for being off topic but, has anyone seen the new Dodge Caliper srt-4? It has the same motor as the Neon and is running 300 HP stock.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If Honda makes stronger motors then Toyota why did you guys get a Tc? From personal experience I had more problems with a Honda motor then a Toyota motor. I had Honda accord 1990, an Acura Integra 1994, Subaru legacy 1991, ES300 1999, Celica gts 2000 and now I have a 2006 TC. I have been thru alot of cars. LOL All of them was stick but the ES 300 and Subaru wasn't. My Integra and accord motor died on me after I put a few mods on them (Way me lord) . I sold the legacy to my cousin and he crashed it. My mother crashed my ES 300 but it’s fix now. My sold the Celica to my ex. That was a dumb move but the car was under her name anyway. I should kept it . Now I have the Tc. If don’t believe me I can show pixs of all of my old cars. All I have to say is that I didn’t have any problems with my Toyota motors so I can’t complaint.
Sorry for your bad experience, but i had a modded gsr and i had zero problems. And people i know that own hondas have had little to no problems, no problem that isn't consistant with any toyota motor. The biggest issue with honda and why the break down faster, or at least that you hear they break down faster, is because you usually see people driving hondas and over-revving them or constantly reving them to redline. You do that with ANY motor no matter the manufacture and its going to have pre-mature problems. Not to mention there are a ton of people who drive hondas that are high school age. Most people starting out aren't going to take care of a car. Like changing oil and simple things like that. Again, any manufactured motor can have the same problems.

Now, back in the early 90's some Honda's were hit or miss with quality as far as interior and exterior life spans. But they were significantly improved by mid 90's and are still improving, like any car manufacture today. Not to mention, if you look at the 80's a lot of Toyota's fell apart fairly easily as well. But, i don't know where you live but i've lived in Ga, Sc, and Nc and i have to tell you, finding a Toyota or Honda on the side of the road has been rare. Usually its Nissan, Dodge, Ford, Mitsubishi.

By the way, i don't own a tC.

Cdubbler - Built tough? Srt-4? Is that why their tranny's have a life span of 70,000 miles? Is that why if you go on a srt-4 forum you can find a ton of issues with any given part of that motor with the motors only having 20,000? Its not strong, it can make power yes but its by far from a strong platform. If it was, you wouldn't see so many of them running like hell.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cdubber9
One of my friends ownes one, it run's 11's all day on stock internals. At the track he cranks up to 27psi, daily driving is around 19psi. Those motors are tuff and built to handle some serious boost, 8.0:1 stock pistons.
I call BS on the "11's all day on stock internals", that engine isn't that strong.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again sorry for being off topic but, has anyone seen the new Dodge Caliper srt-4? It has the same motor as the Neon and is running 300 HP stock.
you know the reason why Dodge Caliper srt-4 took the place of the Neon srt-4? One reason is that they had to many problems with Neon SRT4 engine. The second Reason the Neon has a bad rep. When some people hear the word Neon they will reply that car sux. Not to many people heard about the Neon SRT4 and If they did hear about the Neon SRT4 they heard about the probems. All have to say is that the name Neon when it come to cars has a bad rep.

Caliper srt-4 has "a better motor then the Noen"

Oh yeah I do take care of my cars killerxromances. I have family in NC also
Old 08-24-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok back to the scion topics
Old 08-24-2006, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cdubbler - Built tough? Srt-4? Is that why their tranny's have a life span of 70,000 miles? Is that why if you go on a srt-4 forum you can find a ton of issues with any given part of that motor with the motors only having 20,000? Its not strong, it can make power yes but its by far from a strong platform. If it was, you wouldn't see so many of them running like hell.
Are you smoking crack? Like you said about the Honda owners, most of the srt owners are young and inexperienced. They think they can buy a boost controler and crank it up without any regard to the tune. The guy I mentioned in particular has 40k on the motor and the only thing he has blown was the turbo, daily driven at 400+ hp. Comparing that motor to the 2az is like apples to oranges. The power band is amazing and yes it is a fantastic platform to work from.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
One of my friends ownes one, it run's 11's all day on stock internals. At the track he cranks up to 27psi, daily driving is around 19psi. Those motors are tuff and built to handle some serious boost, 8.0:1 stock pistons.
I call BS on the "11's all day on stock internals", that engine isn't that strong.
What do you want, pictures, vid's, I can get'em for you.

I personally hate the car, I was just saying that motor blows ours out of the water

Quick Reply: A little disappointed with the TC engine..