Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

A little disappointed with the TC engine..

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cdubber9
Cdubbler - Built tough? Srt-4? Is that why their tranny's have a life span of 70,000 miles? Is that why if you go on a srt-4 forum you can find a ton of issues with any given part of that motor with the motors only having 20,000? Its not strong, it can make power yes but its by far from a strong platform. If it was, you wouldn't see so many of them running like hell.
Are you smoking crack? Like you said about the Honda owners, most of the srt owners are young and inexperienced. They think they can buy a boost controler and crank it up without any regard to the tune. The guy I mentioned in particular has 40k on the motor and the only thing he has blown was the turbo, daily driven at 400+ hp. Comparing that motor to the 2az is like apples to oranges. The power band is amazing and yes it is a fantastic platform to work from.
What are you smoking? That tranny has been rated by DODGE at 70,000 or 60,000 for the warranty. From what i understand you can't get extended on it. Now why is that? If it was a strong platform, they would offer extended but they don't. And the srt-4 isn't just owned by inexperienced drivers. I have talked to someone at a show that was selling his 3xxwhp srt-4 with 24,000 miles. 30 some odd years old driver, said hes had to rebuild the tranny twice within ownership and was sick of it. Re-sale is crap on them because guess what. Its a neon and there has never been a neon in general with good reliability and re-sale values. Guess what re-sale is based on? hmmm..
Old 08-24-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow this is getting good. I agree with killerxromances. Remember My best friend has one and made a few complaints about his and got his in january. he looked around online and he found out he wasn't the only one that has the problem that he's having with the car.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do you want, pictures, vid's, I can get'em for you.

I personally hate the car, I was just saying that motor blows ours out of the water
Yeah, actually I would like to see a video of a stock internal srt-4 running 11's 3 times in a row..

I'm not doubting the car get get into the 11's with stock internals, but to say it can do it "all day long" is a little hard to believe. If it's hitting an 11, it has a turbo swap (not to mention some huge slicks), and those stock internals won't hold up very long with a swap.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
One of my friends ownes one, it run's 11's all day on stock internals. At the track he cranks up to 27psi, daily driving is around 19psi. Those motors are tuff and built to handle some serious boost, 8.0:1 stock pistons.
I call BS on the "11's all day on stock internals", that engine isn't that strong.
I agree with you DouBLeJ16
Old 08-24-2006, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

atleast their "factory options" out perform ours everyday of the week, the mopar stage 3 upgrade is sweet, I don't care what anyone says. Plus with that upgrade everything maintains warranty status...

So if I had the money I'd buy an SRT-4 in a heartbeat, put the stage 3 upgrade on it. Beat the living hell out of it, if the motor or tranny blew, so what the dealer fixes it. Its not like Scion dealerships who give you an SC under warranty but then say ""oh you drove it too hard" or "YOu raised the boost a whopping 2 PSI and your $hitty ___ motor can't handle that" or "That CAI caused your motor to blow" OMFG what a bunch of friggin pansies... Dodge lets you jump like 1xx whp and still maintain your warranty, No BS involved, if its broke they fix it. Sorry but factory options on the SRT4 beat the ____ outta our car's options.

To sum it up though, I'd never drive it because its a neon I feel bad enough when I have to ride in my girls LOL
Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend said the factory. won't fix a stage 3 mopar turbo. Maybe they will fix a stage two mopar turbo but no a stage 3. The reason why? he doesn't know. I agree with on one thing tc2nut4 TRD so far giving people a hard time to fix some people S/C, It;s not the dealership giving people the hard time. When enough people make complaints they will fix it. I dont have any problems with my S/C and I drive her like crazy. lol Anyway, can we talk only about scions now?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're right the last two pages were a bit

Old 08-25-2006, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

One of my friends ownes one, it run's 11's all day on stock internals. At the track he cranks up to 27psi, daily driving is around 19psi. Those motors are tuff and built to handle some serious boost, 8.0:1 stock pistons.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
I'd buy an SRT-4 in a heartbeat, put the stage 3 upgrade on it. Beat the living hell out of it, if the motor or tranny blew, so what the dealer fixes it. Its not like Scion dealerships who give you an SC under warranty but then say ""oh you drove it too hard" or "YOu raised the boost a whopping 2 PSI and your $hitty butt motor can't handle that" or "That CAI caused your motor to blow" OMFG what a bunch of friggin pansies... Dodge lets you jump like 1xx whp and still maintain your warranty, No BS involved, if its broke they fix it. Sorry but factory options on the SRT4 beat the ____ outta our car's options.
Stage 3 is very expensive, you could do an aftermarket turbo swap for about $600 less then what mopar wants.

With stage 3 you do not keep the warranty, it's completely gone once you have stage 3 installed. Stage 1 and 2 you do get the warranty but it's still a 13 second car, from what I see around here usually around a 13.2 or so.

You can't get stage 3 financed into the price (just like the TRD SC for us)

I think you were highly misinformed about their warranty over at dodge, you can not bring the car up 100whp and still keep the warranty, if anything they're worse then toyota when it comes to modding. I've read stories about people adding MBC's and them voiding the entire engine warranty (and this is only upping the boost 3-4 PSI)
Old 08-25-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc2nut4
I'd buy an SRT-4 in a heartbeat, put the stage 3 upgrade on it. Beat the living hell out of it, if the motor or tranny blew, so what the dealer fixes it. Its not like Scion dealerships who give you an SC under warranty but then say ""oh you drove it too hard" or "YOu raised the boost a whopping 2 PSI and your $hitty butt motor can't handle that" or "That CAI caused your motor to blow" OMFG what a bunch of friggin pansies... Dodge lets you jump like 1xx whp and still maintain your warranty, No BS involved, if its broke they fix it. Sorry but factory options on the SRT4 beat the ____ outta our car's options.
Stage 3 is very expensive, you could do an aftermarket turbo swap for about $600 less then what mopar wants.

With stage 3 you do not keep the warranty, it's completely gone once you have stage 3 installed. Stage 1 and 2 you do get the warranty but it's still a 13 second car, from what I see around here usually around a 13.2 or so.

You can't get stage 3 financed into the price (just like the TRD SC for us)

I think you were highly misinformed about their warranty over at dodge, you can not bring the car up 100whp and still keep the warranty, if anything they're worse then toyota when it comes to modding. I've read stories about people adding MBC's and them voiding the entire engine warranty (and this is only upping the boost 3-4 PSI)
I'd like to know what dealership you can finance the supercharger at. Maybe some do offer it, but they aren't supposed to. There was a huge thread when it first came out about it. And almost everyone i've heard that has the s/c that has talked about getting it, had to buy it after the fact. Because its listed as a aftermarket product, its not a product that toyota offers. TRD offers it, while its Toyota's name on the product its still counted as aftermarket.

And any car manufacture is questionable about parts like that. I've heard stories from any car manufacture about voiding warranties based on bi-products they offer. Such as TRD with Toyota.

Now, again, SRT-4's are junk. Always have, always will be. They are cheap power at a fairly expensive cost for what you are buying.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah that is true. You can't get the S/C when you buy the Tc. I got my S/C after I got my Tc. any news about the new upgrade parts for the S/C?
Old 08-25-2006, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fairladyz541
Here you go, the blue one in the right lane 11.87 @ 119 on a stock motor, upgraded turbo, and on slicks. I can post the 40+ dyno runs he's made too if you still think i'm jerking you off.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
I'd like to know what dealership you can finance the supercharger at.
You can't get it financed in.. Read what I wrote again.

I said it CAN'T be financed in.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here you go, the blue one in the right lane 11.87 @ 119 on a stock motor, upgraded turbo, and on slicks. I can post the 40+ dyno runs he's made too if you still think i'm jerking you off.
And what makes you think that's on completely stock internals? Does he go on srtforums?
Old 08-25-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And what makes you think that's on completely stock internals? Does he go on srtforums?
Because I've know the guy longer than he's had the car. I go to the track with him. I go to the dyno with him. He tunes both his cars (He also has an 800hp mustang, bet you don't believe that either) as well as my car. I work with the dude and talk to him everyday. Still need more, here's a picture.

If you were to spend some time on an srt fourm, you would know this not that far fetched. There's a list of guy's with 4xx hp cars, stock motor and turbo.

The topic of this thread is being unhappy with the tC motor. And comparitivly speaking, I am too. So please don't take this as thread jacking. I just hate being called a liar.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because I've know the guy longer than he's had the car. I go to the track with him. I go to the dyno with him. He tunes both his cars (He also has an 800hp mustang, bet you don't believe that either) as well as my car. I work with the dude and talk to him everyday. Still need more, here's a picture.
I'm sure you'll be there when it blows up too. Let me know how that goes.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The SRT-4 can be a good platform if you know what you are doing. When their cars are pushed to high horse power ranges then better fuel management (tuning) is needed JUST like our engines. They just have the added benefit of having a stock turbo engine with stronger internals.

No matter how much you try and put down the SRT-4's or even other cars (civics’, dsm's, evo's, wrx's... ect) there will always be a faster one then your car. Let’s just get over this and continue on to our cars/engines and try and make more power with our own engines and stop worrying about other cars.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who care is about the Noen SRT4. Dodge don't make them anymore for a reason . Dodge is coming with the caliber-STR4. I wonder why they don't make the Neon SRT4 uuuuuuummmmm anyway. EVO's and WRX STI's are the best when you a car with factory turbo. I'm done. that's all I have to say
Old 08-26-2006, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They don't make the Supra anymore either. Is that because it was a bad car?
Old 08-26-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look at the life of the SRT-4 the first one came out end of 2002-being of 2003. It had 215 hp with 245 lb-ft of torque. here is the link of the first noen SRT 4

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...dge_neon_srt4/

now the latest one has 230 hp, On import tuner they put it on the dyno and run 220 hp. Anyway the last models of the SRT-4 was made in 2005. If the noen srt-4 was so good tell me why did they have a two year life span? The toyota supra lifespan way longer then two years, The first Toyota Supra/Celica (both was the same) was launch in 1979 and In 1998, Toyota ceased sales of the Supra in the United States and in 2002 Toyota officially stopped production of the Supra in Japan.

I think in 1986 .the Supra became its own model and was no longer a part of the Celica line . The Supra is a good car and one of my favorite, I'm looking to buy one right now. they say that Toyota is making new supra. here are some links that talk about the Toyota Supra 2007.

http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...ead.php?t=3903

http://www.modernracer.com/spyshots/spyshots3.html

http://www.dragsource.com/index.php?...ticletoview=32

http://www.suprastore.com/mkvsuprav6orv8.html

http://www.japanesesportcars.com/galleries/img1033.htm

There is more links I didn't feel like posting them all. I know your a big boy you can go look for them yourself.

You shouldn't compare the neon SRT-4 to the Toyota Supra. They're two different classes

Oh yeah . The name “Supra”, Latin for "over, above, or beyond ", coupled with the Latin word “Celica” meaning "celestial" or "from the heavens", stands for “from above the heavens. I want the 2007 Supra I hope it doesn;t cost to much. but I going to get it some how.

Quick Reply: A little disappointed with the TC engine..