Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

LOCK and delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default LOCK and delete

I need some help with my zex dry nitrous install , I am just about done with my install but I am having major difficulty with two issues that I have ran into with my zex install. Ok I can't figure were to tap my fuel pressure vacume line at, my best guess is the fuel line that is hooked up to the mass air flow sensor, is this right? and where should I tap it? and does anyone know where I can find the tps wire and what color it is? Anyone that has installed the zex kit on there tc and knows this stuff would be a life saver , and get me going with this. Thanks to every one that can help
Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from what you wrote... I'd go to a mechanic or shop before you mess it up..... there isn't a fuel line connected to the MAF. The best place to tap a fuel line is on the other side of the stock rail. You need to drill it so you can tap it and run a line for the wet part of the system.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I hate mechanics, I like to do my own stuff, so I should tap the fuel line before the fuel rail, because i don't think the tc does a fuel return line, but I could be wrong, and a dry kit runs by increasing the pressure at the rail, not before it
Old 01-27-2008, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

corrextion to my last post, I mean you need to increase the fuel pressure on the fuel for a dry shot, not after it, but on the controller box that came with my zex kit, you need to tap in a vacume line on the intake manifold, one on the fuel pressure regulator and then you spray the nitrous between the MAS and TB. I have everything wired up, except the tps wire. And I tapped the line going fom the intake manifold to the top of the head as my intake vacume, but my qustion is whrere do I tap the fuel at, should I t-tap the fuel line before the rail? or I think there is a fuel line coming off the TB that goes to a valve that is wired to the MAS, but I could be wrong, I just need help with fuel vacume big time,and I have a major headache
Old 01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, it sounds like you don't have a dry kit, you have a wet kit. Our cars run stock at 44psi, which is enough pressure. Mine had a fuel pressure safety switch which disarms the solenoid if fuel pressure gets too low.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it is a dry kit, it stilll needs to raise fuel pressure though
Old 01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um i would take it somewhere you don't seem to keen on working on your car a wet kit requires to tap into the fuel line not for a dry and it doesn't increase fuel pressure it increases injector duty cycle to get more fuel there sounds like your in to deep
Old 01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok everyone who thinks I am crazy, this is zex dry kit, the controller box that is the brains for the dry shot requires you to tap into some fuel source so the box can tell if the engine is supplying enough fuel, it is all computer controlled, it needs the fuel hook up just as a referance. go to zex.com and check it out
Old 01-27-2008, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so its a fuel pressure saftey switch tap into the fuel line where it is still a rubber line get a brass t fitting and hose clamps and for the tps wire get a electric meeter and find the wire with falling dc voltage when you press the gas pedal you will need some one to help you with this the way you do it is go to the throttle body put one of the lead to a ground or a neutral and check every wire till you get the one that drops voltage when the gas pedal is pressed then splice into that
Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the whole fuel line is metal, I felt it from the fire wall to the fuel rail
Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a non metal section
Old 01-27-2008, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it felt all metal linned with a rubber outside
Old 01-27-2008, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol cut it you will find other wise sounds like you dont know to much about cars i would take it somewhere
Old 01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
SL Member

the fuel line that connects to the the fuel rail is plastic wrapped in rubber when I installed my Zex wet kit. I thot I could just cut the line in half and T off of that but I was mistaken. So I removed the fuel line running from under the car to the fuelrail using a A/C & fuel line removing tool just a small plastic piece bout the size of a quarter. Just move the retainer that goes over the fuel line fitting with a flathead screw driver,Then put the little plastic fitting remover on the back side make sure the fitting remover goes all the way around the fuel line. then push the tool inside the fitting takes a little finess but the line should come off fairly easily. I bought the little plastic tool at autozone. They hade like six little fitting removers all different sizes in one pack for like five bucks. Then I bought a 5/16 rubber fuel line about a foot long cut that in half & used the T-fitting that camewith the kit and clamped it down with 4 hose clamps. Then the TPS wire I tapped to was a light brown color but my tC is a 06, I basicly went through each wire and tested with a volt meter. I belive there were six wires in the harness that connects to the TB. I took the intake tube off with the key in the On position Not While the car is running. Just turn the key till you get the windows to roll down. But dont start it. Get a needle or something very narrow and metal. Ground the black lead of your meter to the neg. terminal of battery. Then stick the needle in to the harness where the wire is running to. There is going to be a wire reading about 5 volts give or take a few.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:30 PM
SL Member

Sorry I wasnt finished, back to the 5 volt wire keep your meter on that wire. Then manually open the TB with your hand if it is the right wire the meter will jump to 12 volts then let the TB close the reading shoud go back to 5 volts Thats the wire you need to tap for the WOT switch. Like I said mine was light brown, I would check with a meter to make sure. Hope this helps, Once you start spraying all the hard work will be all worth it.PEACE OUT
Old 01-28-2008, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

send me picks so I can help uuuuuuu
Old 01-28-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
Scikotics
SL Member

is this ur system http://www.compperformancegroupstore...NITROUSSYSTEMS or thishttp://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ZX&Product_Code=82021&Category_Code=NITROUSSYSTEMS
Old 01-28-2008, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yes the first link is my kit, do you have any pics of your install?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I tapped the brown wire on my tb, I have found that to be my tps wire, so that is all hooked up to the box now, I also have run and hooked up the power to my purge kit, zex says 3 hour install time for this kit, MY A$$ 3 HOUR INSTALL! I have about 8 hours into the install so far ,and still have two major thigs to hook up, the fuel pressure line, and run the nitrous line from the box to the intake, but I keep getting feed back to install it before the MAS goes to the TB, but my zex instructions say to install it between the MAS and tb, I will snap a picture in a few minutes and post it, its the setup so far
Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Congratz on buying a dryshot. i hope you get over blowing up your car in a month. zex almost went out of business due to their poor products. you shoulda gottan a NX wet shot.

Quick Reply: LOCK and delete