Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

LOCK and delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default LOCK and delete

I am looking to pick up a zpi stage zero kit from anyone willing to part with there's, maybe you want to go to a bigger kit. I can pay up $900 for the kit as long it is in near perfect shape, less if its not in the greatest shape, And I can supply all the factory parts to replace the parts you will be missing, I.E.- exhaust manifold and intake, I would perfer the kit to come from socal, but I will be willing to drive to nevada for the kit, so we meet so I can pay you for the kit.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

you might as well have posted:

Wanted!!! ____y turbo kit that will harm my car, i want my car to run like shiet bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offense but i think you dont want one bad...

www.whyindustries.com

www.dezod.com

www.treadstoneperformance.com

www.greddy.com

www.sikky.com

im not trying to be a jekrk... i just think the above are better and im sure you can find some for sale in the classifieds if your trying to keep the cost down..
Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont know if it helps but I got the 6psi wastegate spring and the pipe that goes from the turbo to the throtle body that I might be looking to sell.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$900 is just about how much the turbo alone costs lol.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
you might as well have posted:

Wanted!!! ____y turbo kit that will harm my car, i want my car to run like shiet bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offense but i think you dont want one bad...

www.whyindustries.com

www.dezod.com

www.treadstoneperformance.com

www.greddy.com

www.sikky.com

im not trying to be a jekrk... i just think the above are better and im sure you can find some for sale in the classifieds if your trying to keep the cost down..
Meh, I've had a ZPI Stage 0 and I'm running a 1.5 right now, and neither have been the source of significant problems. I'd say my BOV has caused more problems than the kits...
Old 05-12-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

used turbines, rebuilt turbine, shoty workmanship, decent designs... Not bashing just saying that zpi was popular because a. They were one of the first companies. B. Cheap. And c. Not very much competion for a while

my point is that why go with that when you have the above. Ompanies I posted with

Quality
Customer service (some better than others)
still exists
proven results
new parts

I could go ok and but no sense, my point has been made!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just want one to upgrade it slowly, they look like they take the best to upgrades compaired to cost
Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh and btw. the small 16g turbo is not 900, it goes for $332 brand new from performance turbo's, and since I am sure that the one I will pick up in the kit is used, it is worth wayless than $332...
Old 05-13-2008, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh and if anyones going to tell how crappy the zpi kit, post it on the zpi install page, not on here, I am only inrested in buying the kit, I am aware of the flaws in the zpi kit
Old 05-13-2008, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

^^dont get your panties in a bunch.. when your new on thsi site and inquiring about zpi.. i was doing you a favor. notice how no one else has posted............ Im out GL.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
$900 is just about how much the turbo alone costs lol.

That's what I was thinking....
Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

used turbines, rebuilt turbine, shoty workmanship, decent designs... Not bashing just saying that zpi was popular because a. They were one of the first companies. B. Cheap. And c. Not very much competion for a while

my point is that why go with that when you have the above. Ompanies I posted with

Quality
still exists
proven results
new parts

java, me and you get along very well. But you are WAY off on this one. You never dealt with the former company, do not have first had experience with their work, and your opinion is based on hear-say. And for the most part, you are completely inaccurate in your depiction of the quality of work the company put out.

A) They were the first company..correct. B) Their kits cost the same as everyone else did. C) People bought them because they were "PROVEN", unlike EVERY single kit manufacture you just posted with the exception of Dezod.

GReddy, Treadstone, Turbo Toyotas....I have yet to see enough customers running them and actually RACING the car for me to consider them "PROVEN". They all have a hand full of people. Hell there are more Stage 0 turbo kits + Stage 0 "spin" off turbo kits than GReddy, Treadstone, and TT combined. So, no, those kits are NOT proven. If you consider a couple of dyno sheets as being "proven", then you should evaluate what it means to have a turbo kit (unless you are one of those people that don't mind paying thousands for an otherwise paper weight).

PS....I'm not saying those kits are crappy, just saying that no one is racing them, or doing any extensive abuse, nor have they been around long enough to see how they hold over time.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will prove my car the second the kit is on the first test and tune i will be at the track throwing down some 1/4 mile times
Old 05-13-2008, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Your in an 2nd Gen xB. Secondly, your just one car. And lastly, the quality of ZPI's work was never a question, only their customer service. In those days, no one could/would say **** about a ZPI kit, cause they know those were among the fastest kitted tC's on the road.....and to this day, there has not been a kit to de-thrown it. So, I always find it funny now that the company is gone, everyones first words out of their mouth is how their product was crap....when they 9 out of 10 never even actually SEEN a ZPI kit in person, or know someone that has an "Authentic" ZPI kit (key word being "Authentic", cause it's the most widely knocked-off kit out, and people call themselves having a ZPI Stage 0 or Stage 1, when ZPI did not build or sell them a kit).
Old 05-13-2008, 05:48 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

build your own. it's not that hard.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Your in an 2nd Gen xB. Secondly, your just one car. And lastly, the quality of ZPI's work was never a question, only their customer service. In those days, no one could/would say **** about a ZPI kit, cause they know those were among the fastest kitted tC's on the road.....and to this day, there has not been a kit to de-thrown it. So, I always find it funny now that the company is gone, everyones first words out of their mouth is how their product was crap....when they 9 out of 10 never even actually SEEN a ZPI kit in person, or know someone that has an "Authentic" ZPI kit (key word being "Authentic", cause it's the most widely knocked-off kit out, and people call themselves having a ZPI Stage 0 or Stage 1, when ZPI did not build or sell them a kit).
I have to agree 100%. It's a bit tiring to read how many people simply repeat ad nauseum what they hear without any info, facts, or rhetoric. There are probably more ZPI kits on tC's than any other turbo kit, so of course there are going to be a few that may have some issues. Such is the case with any man made product. How many turbo kits have blown motors or have bad turbos from other well established companies?

It's flat out ridiculous to think that someone is going to make a turbo kit that works 100% of the time for every one that leaves the seller. I love my ZPI kit, and the only reason I'm selling it is because I'm building the engine and have some (ambitious) plans. Otherwise, I'd keep it for myself.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the $hit people say about ZPI is all crap. I've read threads BEFORE they went out, everyone loved them, the quality was great, it was just their customer service. and now with people saying, oh they're out of buisness, they suck so much" bs is really annoying to me.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree. Every manufacture has some flaws some smaller than other. ZPI came out with a lot of good things for the tC. I will let you all know about the Turbo Toyotas kit as I have a Standard 2.1 Stage 3 on the way.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SuchaCleanTC
I think the $hit people say about ZPI is all crap. I've read threads BEFORE they went out, everyone loved them, the quality was great, it was just their customer service. and now with people saying, oh they're out of buisness, they suck so much" bs is really annoying to me.
your argument is flawed; quality in a kit is really determined by how long the kit lasts without having problems. I bought about three grand in parts from them happily for the record, but people having problems with their stuff after the doors closed isn't unheard of at all.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Quality
still exists
proven results
new parts

java, me and you get along very well. But you are WAY off on this one. You never dealt with the former company, do not have first had experience with their work, and your opinion is based on hear-say. And for the most part, you are completely inaccurate in your depiction of the quality of work the company put out.

A) They were the first company..correct. B) Their kits cost the same as everyone else did. C) People bought them because they were "PROVEN", unlike EVERY single kit manufacture you just posted with the exception of Dezod.

GReddy, Treadstone, Turbo Toyotas....I have yet to see enough customers running them and actually RACING the car for me to consider them "PROVEN". They all have a hand full of people. Hell there are more Stage 0 turbo kits + Stage 0 "spin" off turbo kits than GReddy, Treadstone, and TT combined. So, no, those kits are NOT proven. If you consider a couple of dyno sheets as being "proven", then you should evaluate what it means to have a turbo kit (unless you are one of those people that don't mind paying thousands for an otherwise paper weight).

PS....I'm not saying those kits are crappy, just saying that no one is racing them, or doing any extensive abuse, nor have they been around long enough to see how they hold over time.
i feel you travis.. honestly.. but i actually was around for the zpi thing.. i was just fortunate enough to not have ordered and got caught up.

your definition of "prove it self" is correct but to each is own..

to you Daily abuse, actual drag racing and how long it lasts under those conditions is proving itself..

but,

to me, no CELs, great power (i understand that i only made 250whp at 8 psi, but it was a back yard street tune with the greddy emanage and cant say im not pleased with that till i can afford to fly a good tuner down here and when i say that i am far from joking! ;) ) and for 8 months now no major maintenance and im still making consistant power with a smile on my face.

you are a die hard "show me the money" kinda guy and thats good.. not bad at all..

as for me, when i saw all that stuff going on a reputable companies, i wont name names but they tell me about the quality of the work that zpi put out and what not.. i have to agree with them based on relationship built with that person on a personal and business i.e. - buying things from them relationship.. i know that zpi treated you well, but when you look at the bad vs. the good.. id have to say and yes mostly hear say that zpi did more people dirty that good.

you will back kenny and zpi to the death and they did you well...

just the same that some cough** mike cough cough** call me a Todd nut hugger..

while you are correct in your views of a proven kit. for you proven is racing often as you did, while maintaining its daily drivability, handling the power dished out and of course its price.. but being that they were the first company its hard to make statements based on price.

to me proven is what you bought it for. my kit proves it self daily as i bought it for power, which i make plenty of, daily drivability, have driven it everyday with maybe a few hick ups here and there (who doesnt have those), looks, nuff said you would have to admit it is the nicest but you know "to each is own" and lastly customer service and price.. while todd might not have always responded right away he made up for any lost time 10 fold!

so i apoligize for "bashing" zpi as i know i did. just was trying to guide that guy in a "proven direction" like i said "my proven" hahahaha
hope we can still be friends!! baaaahahahahaaaaaaaa

Quick Reply: LOCK and delete