Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

LOCK and delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah but where is the fun in that? LMFAO! I thought about pushing her against the windshield.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

yall fools crazy...
Old 05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

haha we have to have some fun around here
Old 05-17-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Oh we are still cool man...lol.

But just for the record and comparsion...

You made 250whp @ 8 PSI.

On a 16G, I made 250whp @ 7 PSI with 10's A/F ratio.

You have a bigger turbo than a 16G. But just thought I would give you food for thought in that the 16G made the same amount of power as your larger turbo does.
What about the difference in dyno's? Feet above sea level? Dyno conditions (i.e. temp, humidity)? And as he said himself, he didn't have that great of a tune as well, so I believe that the comparison you made is wrong. I do respect you Travis, I have seen quite a few of your racing video's, but there is always going to be people hating on other companies.

Could you just stop taking it personal and let it go, it would be a lot easier and threads might actually pertain to the situation at hand rather than "my name is rythmnsmoke, my zpi kit is the shiz, I beat everything, come race me, if you don't believe me, ask all of my crew. Yada Yada Yada"... Yes there are more zpi videos out than other manufacturers, but that doesn't mean anything. Zpi has been out way longer than all of the other companies, so therefore there will be more of their kits out and the probability of finding a video of a zpi kit is much higher. Dezod and TT are definately moving on up in that category. (It is also a horrible way to judge a turbo company, look at all of the videos from ScionSpeed, makes their kit look amazing, but where are they???) When I get my kit, i will most def. abuse the hell out of my car. I am going to build it anyway, so I might as well give it everything she has. You will see videos of me too, and I will post them up, since you need "proof" that a tC with kit x can beat cars that yours has.

You say zpi is on top, I ask how? How are they on top of the thrown? Todd has a lot of huge projects going on that zpi couldn't come close to. 350whp is childs play to those cars that are being built.

I am not a "nut hugger" of any particular company, but I will say that what zpi has done is downright wrong. From that alone I will never purchase a product that represents a company that screwed a large amount of people over. Brett had numerous issues with his zpi kit. I also have seen a true zpi kit myself and I wasn't that impressed, but to each his own.

Again I am not bashing you, nor your ride, but stop with this bull butter, get over it. Your ride looks great, you are definately up on me as far as modifications...

P.S. - Are you a one-upper?
Old 05-17-2008, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Oh we are still cool man...lol.

But just for the record and comparsion...

You made 250whp @ 8 PSI.

On a 16G, I made 250whp @ 7 PSI with 10's A/F ratio.

You have a bigger turbo than a 16G. But just thought I would give you food for thought in that the 16G made the same amount of power as your larger turbo does.
What about the difference in dyno's? Feet above sea level? Dyno conditions (i.e. temp, humidity)? And as he said himself, he didn't have that great of a tune as well, so I believe that the comparison you made is wrong. I do respect you Travis, I have seen quite a few of your racing video's, but there is always going to be people hating on other companies.
I guess you missed the part where I said my a/f ratio was 10. Not sure if you think that's a tune or not, but let me clarify, it's not. Now you know why I don't care how much a car dyno's in HP or people using dyno numbers as a base of argument. Dynos are nothing more than either bragging rights, or tunning tools. They can not tell you how fast a car is. Looking at dyno graphs of the same car with two different setups but the same hp, can give you an idea of the outcome if they raced, but it's just that, and idea.

Could you just stop taking it personal and let it go, it would be a lot easier and threads might actually pertain to the situation at hand
Lets get some particulars out of the way first. I don't take it personal. I just have a low tollerance for ignorace (not saying he was ignorant literally), just saying I think it's stupid when people regergitate the exaggerated truths and then pretend like it's the "real" truth. I hate to see false information passed around (and that has NOTHING to do with what company it is). I have explained this plenty of times before. You could direct that comment toward the people who come in and bash other people because they have the 3 letter word ZPI somewhere in their post. Good luck with that though....

rather than "my name is rythmnsmoke, my zpi kit is the shiz, I beat everything, come race me, if you don't believe me, ask all of my crew. Yada Yada Yada"... Yes there are more zpi videos out than other manufacturers, but that doesn't mean anything. Zpi has been out way longer than all of the other companies, so therefore there will be more of their kits out and the probability of finding a video of a zpi kit is much higher.
What are you even talking about? Yeah, cause I challenge every person to race in every thread....RIGHT...lol. Correction, there are more rhythmnsmoke videos than all other companies....LOL.

Dezod and TT are definately moving on up in that category. (It is also a horrible way to judge a turbo company, look at all of the videos from ScionSpeed, makes their kit look amazing, but where are they???)
The conversation was not about a company. It's about the product itself. He said it was ****. I said it wasn't. He admit to not having first hand knowledge of it, I do. End of story, why are you changing it to make it seem we were talking about companies and their business?

When I get my kit, i will most def. abuse the hell out of my car. I am going to build it anyway, so I might as well give it everything she has. You will see videos of me too, and I will post them up, since you need "proof" that a tC with kit x can beat cars that yours has.
Want to meet up and race?.... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't need proof that you can beat the cars I have, I just need people to step up and actually DO something with them so we can see how they stack up. Everyone is so damn busy looking at version 1million 4hundred and 52.0000000001 and how shiny it is....LOL. Or I put down X amount of whp at X amount of PSI.

You say zpi is on top, I ask how? How are they on top of the thrown? Todd has a lot of huge projects going on that zpi couldn't come close to. 350whp is childs play to those cars that are being built.
Make that claim when they are done. 12.1 1/4 is still held by a ZPI kit on a 16G and stock motor nonetheless. Every other BIG turbo kit has not touched down in the low 12's that I have seen, and that's not because they can't, it's because all the people who bought them have not given any feedback, or have not actually got their kit in the mail yet. Dezod don't even have a tC of their own (anymore). TT does not have a tC of their own period, that they are personally building. We got PTunning that's doing that, and that's why I like them.

I am not a "nut hugger" of any particular company, but I will say that what zpi has done is downright wrong. From that alone I will never purchase a product that represents a company that screwed a large amount of people over. Brett had numerous issues with his zpi kit. I also have seen a true zpi kit myself and I wasn't that impressed, but to each his own.
Everyone has problems with their kits, Brett had problems with his TT kit after he changed to it. There is no such thing as a 100% fail safe turbo kit, I don't care who you buy it from. That's a mute point at best. You seeing a ZPI kit yourself, and not impressed with what, it's looks? That's subjective point, and no different than me saying I don't like any of the TT manifolds that have come out thus far (which I don't), because of the way they look. Not to mention, a kit with no coatings no matter the kit, will look like crap.

Again I am not bashing you, nor your ride, but stop with this bull butter, get over it. Your ride looks great, you are definately up on me as far as modifications...

P.S. - Are you a one-upper?
Again, I'm just tired of seeing false info passed around like it's the correct information, when 9 out of 10 based their 100% belief on a story they only know 2% about.

Not a one-upper, just a realiest and I call it how I see it.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I love how EVERYONE has atleast 1 thing wrong with his car when he dyno's it or races someone. Wether its a tune or a boost leak, I have never heard of a dyno story that contained 0 issues.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I love how EVERYONE has atleast 1 thing wrong with his car when he dyno's it or races someone. Wether its a tune or a boost leak, I have never heard of a dyno story that contained 0 issues.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Lol I'm serious. It's usually "omg you beat me because I'm not tuned" or "omg i made 320 hp on the dyno today and ive got a really bad tune and i have an exhaust leak, pre turbo"
Old 05-17-2008, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to that i would say it tighten bolts and yeah lol
Old 05-18-2008, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe

Were you talking about my comment? Just wanted to say I was not complaing about my tune during the dyno run. By the time I had dynoed my car, I had already had like 15 races against various people. I was just curious to see what the numbers were that I was winning with.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis you know how I drive my car so I guess you can consider that a test in itself. LMFAO. I do plan on hitting the 1/8 if not the 1/4 the first weekend I am back assuming the install goes well.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Oh yeah, you run in my crew, of course we are all WOT-Gear Heads here....lol. Preston has been bitten by the race bug. We are running them tonight, Preston, Vinny (new guy on a 57 trim), and me.

Can't wait to have you back man, we have enough boosted tC's in our crew to have a mini shootout among ourselves...LOL.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Trav, I was refering to everyones comments. Every time I hear about a race or a dyno, they always have some little problem, lol. Sad part about it, is that I've seen it first hand My friends Evo has a boost leak when he hits about 26psi (stock BOV is leaking).
Old 05-18-2008, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^True...lol. Funny thing is, we race anyway....lol. I know when I race, and I have a problem with the car, I let people know ahead of time that it's not 100% but I will go at it with them anyway. I don't never say....I lost because of X problem. I think that's a cop-out. You choose to race in that condition, that was the result, move on. I do just let people know what conditions I am racing the car under though. If I loose, I loose. If I win.....then I'm happy I can win even without fixing X problem right away.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok thanks Todd of turbo toyota's for giving me a really goood deal on the manifold and down pipe, you rock man, the only thing I need now is the flange pipe that attches the turbo to the piping, if any one has one laying around, I will make you an offer on it , Thanks agian Todd for all the help!!!