Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Long overdue: APR Power In-line ECU Release (Screen shots PG7)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ugh, all of a sudden within the past few days Dezod.com has been blocked on all my government computers here! WTF!? Hate i have to wait to get home to see the pic. Guess Uncle Sam's caught me slackin' off at work too much, hahahahaha
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

A true parallel processing ECU with extended Rev-Limiter

Adjustable Soft-Cut Rev-Limiter Control (internally limited to 6500 RPM). Increased rev-limiter calibrations (up to 7800 RPM) are available from Authorized Dealers for highly modified race engine that are designed to handle the increased loading.

Let me see if I understand correctly. Is this saying there are two different versions with the first only being able to go to 6500rpms, and the second version up to 7800rpms (but only select people can get it)? If you have the 6500rpm version, is there some sort of reflash to be able to turn it into a 7800rpms version or something. Elaborate further if you don't mind.

I know you said you tested it and what not, but I'm interested in the gains made with the system over the "previous" management system that was used on the test car. What management was on the test car prior to this test module. Any "video" data during the testing, dyno tuning data? Like tangible stuff to show it working, rather than just written words.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
I bought the new labtop with seven on it... IMO much better then XP.. Finially MS is waking up and seeing its 2010

But some software isint comp..

Gladly

Greddy
Haltech
AEM EMS
Aem FIC
Hydra
Chrome
Neptune
ECUedit
DSMlink

Are all working with 7!

Im sure this one will be soon!

yes i tried in comp mode for xp SP2 and nothing!

Awesome glad to know that, cause I was going to build me a new CPU (kick butt deals at Tigerdirect right now), and I was going to toss Windows 7 on it and was concerned with the GReddy software not working. Good to know it will.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
[B]

Let me see if I understand correctly. Is this saying there are two different versions with the first only being able to go to 6500rpms, and the second version up to 7800rpms (but only select people can get it)? If you have the 6500rpm version, is there some sort of reflash to be able to turn it into a 7800rpms version or something. Elaborate further if you don't mind.

I know you said you tested it and what not, but I'm interested in the gains made with the system over the "previous" management system that was used on the test car. What management was on the test car prior to this test module. Any "video" data during the testing, dyno tuning data? Like tangible stuff to show it working, rather than just written words.
No there is one version and we can program revs up to 7800. Our tester runs 7K daily.

The previous management was an E-mangle, then an AEM FIC and now this unit.

I am not sure what kind of data I have here other than testimonial.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
No there is one version and we can program revs up to 7800. Our tester runs 7K daily.

The previous management was an E-mangle, then an AEM FIC and now this unit.

I am not sure what kind of data I have here other than testimonial.

No data...aahh. Ok, how about something of numeric value? Like were you able to squeeze more power out of the setup over the prior managements, or there is no dyno time and just a feel of an easier/smoother car?

It has features that cater to "performance" (increasing revs, removing speed cut...stuff like that). Being that these are "performance" enhancing features, I was just more interested in seeing/watching it perform using those features in a more streenous environment rather than just a daily driving and taking a road trip. Like a vid of it going past the factory speed limiter, vid of it reving to 8k rpms... Your testimonial shows the "longevity" aspect of it by telling us the distance it went and how long you been driving on it.

A testimonal of "damn it pulls super hard even in the 6800+rpms range". And then following up with like a dyno sheet, or like a vid of it reving past that etc.

Just trying to help by the way, and want to get a little more hard data so I know more about what this does and how it helps. No offense, it's much more of a sales pitch so far, so just getting to the nitty gritty, so please don't take offense to my verbage. I can be a hard a__, but this is not one of those times.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

No data...aahh. Ok, how about something of numeric value? Like were you able to squeeze more power out of the setup over the prior managements, or there is no dyno time and just a feel of an easier/smoother car?

It has features that cater to "performance" (increasing revs, removing speed cut...stuff like that). Being that these are "performance" enhancing features, I was just more interested in seeing/watching it perform using those features in a more streenous environment rather than just a daily driving and taking a road trip. Like a vid of it going past the factory speed limiter, vid of it reving to 8k rpms... Your testimonial shows the "longevity" aspect of it by telling us the distance it went and how long you been driving on it.

Just trying to help by the way, and want to get a little more hard data so I know more about what this does and how it helps. No offense, it's much more of a sales pitch so far, so just getting to the nitty gritty, so please don't take offense to my verbage. I can be a hard a__, but this is not one of those times.
No we have dynos for this car on this unit from 5 PSI and 10.5 PSI on a Mustang Dyno. It made typical S1 power, which quite frankly who cares about peak numbers anyway (per you and plenty of others on here). The car made 27xwhp and 289ft/lbs on 10.5 PSI with a 2.5" dp and exhaust. A typical S1 as I stated. The real noticeably difference was in fuel economy, consistency in performance, AFR stability, part throttle driveability and the ease of tuning. THAT is what sold this unit to me over all versus the other units. Even idling and driving the car on 850cc injectors worked great. It idled like 550cc to be honest.

A testimonal of "damn it pulls super hard even in the 6800+rpms range". And then following up with like a dyno sheet, or like a vid of it reving past that etc.
We rev this car to 7K. It feels no different than any other tC other than the tach moves past 6250. What you are failing to realize is that "how hard it pulls above 6800 rpms" is a function of the sized turbocharger and A/R selection. This vehicle had a .63 A/R, so the power band peaked out for peak HP on this sized exhaust at 6500 RPMS. So really being above that did not mean much for this car. If we had chosen an .82 A/R turbine instead, it may have made some jabber room to speak of.

The car's top speed is 135 right now. We tested it a few times when the weather was nicer, but with snow and ice around here and the track closed, we are not gonna chance it on public highways.

I have 0 pressure in selling this unit. To be honest, the unit will sell itself. I would encourage anyone once it gets nicer here to come for a ride in it, and see what the control and hype is about. Ask Don! LOL

Don is bar far, even harder and more of a difficult person to please than you Travis, and he was even sold on the unit after driving the car.

Last edited by paul_dezod; 02-11-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

No we have dynos for this car on this unit from 5 PSI and 10.5 PSI on a Mustang Dyno. It made typical S1 power, which quite frankly who cares about peak numbers anyway (per you and plenty of others on here). The car made 27xwhp and 289ft/lbs on 10.5 PSI with a 2.5" dp and exhaust. A typical S1 as I stated. The real noticeably difference was in fuel economy, consistency in performance, AFR stability, part throttle driveability and the ease of tuning. THAT is what sold this unit to me over all versus the other units. Even idling and driving the car on 850cc injectors worked great. It idled like 550cc to be honest.

Correct, not concerned with peak numbers. Were you able to change the power band for the better with this unit? Improved via being smoother I take it yes?

We rev this car to 7K. It feels no different than any other tC other than the tach moves past 6250. What you are failing to realize is that "how hard it pulls above 6800 rpms" is a function of the sized turbocharger and A/R selection. This vehicle had a .63 A/R, so the power band peaked out for peak HP on this sized exhaust at 6500 RPMS. So really being above that did not mean much for this car. If we had chosen an .82 A/R turbine instead, it may have made some jabber room to speak of.

The car's top speed is 135 right now. We tested it a few times when the weather was nicer, but with snow and ice around here and the track closed, we are not gonna chance it on public highways.

I have 0 pressure in selling this unit. To be honest, the unit will sell itself. I would encourage anyone once it gets nicer here to come for a ride in it, and see what the control and hype is about. Ask Don! LOL

Don is bar far, even harder and more of a difficult person to please than you Travis, and he was even sold on the unit after driving the car.

No, I realize the power past that point is more associated with the turbine application. Was just looking for some tangible data. I will be keeping an eye to see who runs it and how they do with it.

Where would this lie in the Hierarchy of EMS/Piggybacks out there? Be honest now, where would you put this in the line up. It's not a standalone right, and it's not a piggy back, so is this in it's own category? Having a little bit of both worlds would you say? They say the Ultimate is closer to being a Standalone. Your take on it seems to sound as that it's another step closer to a Standalone than the Ultimate but still not being a Standalone correct?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I knew it! The next Ms. Cleo! I little pricey for the average joe.
How expensive to tune this? Are you guys the sole tuner?

Last edited by johnhawkins; 02-11-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Correct, not concerned with peak numbers. Were you able to change the power band for the better with this unit? Improved via being smoother I take it yes?
Smoothness was no comparison. It was no longer a On/Off car like it was on the e-manage. Idle was smoother than the FIC and AFRs where much more consistent overall. Night to day

No, I realize the power past that point is more associated with the turbine application. Was just looking for some tangible data. I will be keeping an eye to see who runs it and how they do with it.

Where would this lie in the Hierarchy of EMS/Piggybacks out there? Be honest now, where would you put this in the line up. It's not a standalone right, and it's not a piggy back, so is this in it's own category? Having a little bit of both worlds would you say? They say the Ultimate is closer to being a Standalone. Your take on it seems to sound as that it's another step closer to a Standalone than the Ultimate but still not being a Standalone correct?
I would definitely put in between piggys and standalones. It has the functionality of a standalone, but yet the ease of tuning of a piggyback. The fuel delivery is all done on a target AFR map. All you do is enter your target AFR and the unit uses Toyota's fuel logic delivery to achieve that AFR.

Ignition is done a little different. It's more like a piggyback. So, the stock ECU determines the best spark advance possible for the mixture, then you can modify it more (advance) or less (retard) from that point. You also get the benefit of using Toyota's knock logic to your advantage as well. You can datalog the spark and see the ECU take out timing and feather it back in. It's really trick in that aspect. Every channel, from almost every sensor can be viewed on the datalogging.

This unit superceeds the Ultimate by far due the control factor and consistency. My hierarchy would be as follows:

Neo<E-manage<Ultimate<FIC<In-Line APR then the standalones (Hydra & AEM)

For a decently crazy street car, this unit is where it's at.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by johnhawkins
I knew it! The next Ms. Cleo! I little pricey for the average joe.
How expensive to tune this? Are you guys the sole tuner?
It is pricey, but you have to pay to play.

This can be tuned by just about anyone. It's just a matter of learning the software.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would put it more in the hondata category. it seem to be more like a tool that lets you take full control over the cars ecu w/o having to buy special sensors.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm. Any deals?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this has applications of the people who want a standalone performance out of a unit that is as easy to tune as the FIC. Also this unit will pass emissions to a certain point since you are still using your stock ECU to control certain aspects and you will get CEL lights from normal concerns that would give a CEL. Biggest thing... You can still use your AC and use all the features.

Atleast that is how I see it. The standard 'out of the box turbo kit' user would have little to no need to get this over the fic. The higher end user who would like to push limits and have the added features would love it. Do I need to restate that you use your stock ECU still so you can pass emissions?

It is pretty hefty in price though but you have to pay to play.

EDIT: I must type too slow because there was like 4 posts in the time it took me to write this...
Old 02-11-2010, 08:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this thing's a smart lil' booger
Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
I think this has applications of the people who want a standalone performance out of a unit that is as easy to tune as the FIC. Also this unit will pass emissions to a certain point since you are still using your stock ECU to control certain aspects and you will get CEL lights from normal concerns that would give a CEL. Biggest thing... You can still use your AC and use all the features.

Atleast that is how I see it. The standard 'out of the box turbo kit' user would have little to no need to get this over the fic. The higher end user who would like to push limits and have the added features would love it. Do I need to restate that you use your stock ECU still so you can pass emissions?

It is pretty hefty in price though but you have to pay to play.

EDIT: I must type too slow because there was like 4 posts in the time it took me to write this...
I would LOVE to offer this with the S1 as a bolt-on "pre-tuned" setup for say 5, 8 and 10 PSI. I sent 1 kit to someone on this board like this, but he has not installed it yet. He's had it for 3 months....
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
this thing's a smart lil' booger
That it is Matt.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would LOVE to offer this with the S1 as a bolt-on "pre-tuned" setup for say 5, 8 and 10 PSI. I sent 1 kit to someone on this board like this, but he has not installed it yet. He's had it for 3 months....

Shoulda given it to me! You would have had more data than you knew what to do with...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
Shoulda given it to me! You would have had more data than you knew what to do with...
Well I would be curious to see if it works well on an auto since ALL of our testing was on 5 speeds.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With target AFR's, does that mean I would be able to make hard runs in New Orleans, drive to Denver, and run quarters there without any additional human input in between cities?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I would be curious to see if it works well on an auto since ALL of our testing was on 5 speeds.
well if the price was lower :'(

You're releasing this and the rail/return all at once I have to decide which would make the most impact at this point. Plus I'm building the motor...

Quick Reply: Long overdue: APR Power In-line ECU Release (Screen shots PG7)