Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Long overdue: APR Power In-line ECU Release (Screen shots PG7)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skratchy_Seal
With target AFR's, does that mean I would be able to make hard runs in New Orleans, drive to Denver, and run quarters there without any additional human input in between cities?
yes it uses the regular toyota sensors along with toyota whatchamahusit brain to calculate fuel based on what the car needs at that certain time. Think of it as stock fuel trims.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
yes it uses the regular toyota sensors along with toyota whatchamahusit brain to calculate fuel based on what the car needs at that certain time. Think of it as stock fuel trims.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Pretty sweet.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no need for a warm weather and cold weather tune either... Addons don't require you ro see a tuner either,bolt on the new part and it would tune itsself. Atleast that's what I read on their site, I would love to get my hand on one to test it first hand.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So this is sitting next to an AEM box with the same price tag..
pros/cons

and in reality.. 99% of tuners are going to be more fimiliar with the AEM

Last edited by trd07tc; 02-11-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can pass emission tests. You can tune it. No need to retune due to new parts or weather. You can use your ac.

they are both used for different purposes. This isn't what a dragster would use..
Old 02-11-2010, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

about time dezod! hopefully placing my order for this come summer time
Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm assuming this works on an NA car as well?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

finally its here!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow cool
Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow with all these new parts dezod is coming out with it is really making me reconsider trading in the tc. So this management will adapt to bolt on you put on such as exhaust or different intakes on a boosted set up? so no need to tune for every upgrade after you already have a tune?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I know this is a stretch but just for fun i thought id ask anyways.

say i get this managment, I tune for an na set up so i run 12afr in open loop...then proceed to install a turbo, will my open loop afrs remain at 12afr. what im trying to get at is this a system that i can set a perticular afr and forget about it?

this is assuming there are no leaks in the system and fuel requirments are met (ie, larger injectors)

Last edited by crush02342002; 02-12-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

if so thats cheating!!!!...lmao
Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice!

A few questions though:

1. You stated the factory ecu controls VVTi, so there isn't any user tunability there?
2. Does it have the no-lift to shift feature?
3. Does it have launch control? a.k.a. 2-step?
4. Does the software allow for the end user to change the RPM limit, or do we have to have you do it? You were a little vague on that point.
5. Long shot, but any boost control?? Control boost by gear?

No offense, but it is right in the standalone price range, almost makes a person want to pay another 200 and be full standalone. I am sure it is worth it, but you can get the same drivability with a standalone (albeit it sounds like it takes a lot more tuning with a standalone).

How about a vid of cruising AFR, part-throttle AFR, and full-throttle AFR all the way to redline? I am not trying to be too picky, just would like to know more!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul, after talking to you on the phone about it, the screen shots say a lot about the product already. Starting my savings fund for this now. haha.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Only thing with a standalone is that in some states you can't pass emission. With this product you can which is great.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this looks and sounds nice, but like everyone else i would love to get a little more details before jumping on board. if this thing can do boost by gear im going to be amazed.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by One-Nut_McGee
We've been awake for a long time, frankly. If you could see even some of the stuff that we make, but market poorly, you'd be flabberghasted. Sometimes it sucks being able to see all the cool stuff we make and then not be able to talk about it with non-MS people.

I don't want to sidetrack off the main topic here, but it sort of annoys me when people smash on Vista. 90% of the Vista "problems" were hype, improper reporting by news agencies looking for a good story, or driver related. Considering MS doesn't write drivers (that's up to the companies that want their stuff to work on an OS) it's kind of difficult to smash only Vista for the "problems" that people experienced with it. It happens with every major software release that there are growing pains when it first launches and it's unfair to compare a new OS with a mature OS.

Where there problems with Vista? Sure, there are problems with every single new OS from every single manufacturer...that's just a given in the software world for a product on this scale. I don't think Vista even remotely deserved the hate that it got from everyone. People compared it to XP (and still do) but they don't realize that XP is a mature OS with all the kinks worked out and most people knocking on Vista were basically _____ing about an OS in its infancy. I'm not obviating MS of any errors that took place during the Vista OS release cycle, and am actually happy that real end-users gave the feedback on the experiences that they were having, but it always annoys me when people just knee-jerk associate Vista as bad without having used it or actually experienced any of the problems they have heard about.

( Sorry, this isn't meant to start a big debate about Vista as I'm sure people are going to respond to my post which wasn't the intention. I'm not speaking about anyone in general in this thread so this isn't meant to be a pointed response. I'm just trying to vent a little on this point, not trying to start a debate or argument.)

Back on topic:
Congrats to Dezod for the excellent release! Thanks for continuing to support our community.

(Just finished installing fine on my win7 laptop. Will try it on my win7 desktop when I get home.)
I've been building PCs for 25 years now and the only problem I had with Vista64 was a lack of drivers for a 10 year old webcam and some old printers. I've upgraded 2 of my 3 PCs to W7 and the biggest problem I had was the need to upgrade my printer drivers. Of course since I also fix PC problems for friends and family I fully realize that these sort of problems, while trivial to me, are beyond the capabilities of the average PC user.

IMO the biggest problem facing any new MS OS is the unwillingness of hardware manufacturers to support it. It's all about $$$. Why write W7 drivers for an older product when you can force the consumer to buy your new product to get W7 drivers. I don't expect MS to write new drivers for my 10 year old Intel webcam and no one should.

Win7>Vista>XP>2000>98SE

BTW Paul, any options for non-TC cars like the XB2? Does the unit come with a harness that can be wired in by the end user? Has the unit been tested on anything other than the TC?

Last edited by ScionFred; 02-12-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup windows 7 is great.. Only issue is some driver issues with my wireless card.. But i got it worked out..

My new memory sticks will be here today. 8GIG 4tw!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by lynks
I'm assuming this works on an NA car as well?
Yes I have one going on a hardcore N/A build
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by tckid631
wow with all these new parts dezod is coming out with it is really making me reconsider trading in the tc. So this management will adapt to bolt on you put on such as exhaust or different intakes on a boosted set up? so no need to tune for every upgrade after you already have a tune?
You would want to tweak AFRs and timing after bolt-ons are performed.

Quick Reply: Long overdue: APR Power In-line ECU Release (Screen shots PG7)