Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Longest auto Turbo tC lasted???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by borderguy881
Make sure you switch out the trams fluid before boosting the 07 and up models came with shotty fluids everything switched to eco
yeah to amsoil or something right???
Old 12-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AMSoil low viscosity is the good stuff. Worked great in mine
Old 12-02-2011, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes don't be afraid to change it often too. The only reason i push mine so hard is because I have another auto trans on hand. So if I blow this one, I got a back up.

And yeap im still boosting it.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice.... i should do the same since tranny in houston are like 200 to 300 piece...maybe idk yet...
Old 12-02-2011, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm boosted on an auto myself and haven't had any issues at all....probably cause I'm only running 6psi but next racing season I'll be moving up to 8psi. Come early spring I'll be getting the upgraded valve body and tranny cooler and I really want to go up to 10psi like DeAnzaJig but I'm also getting the head PnP and upgrading all the internals so I don't want to blow up the tranny because of the additional torque.

After reading this thread I'm also going to change my tranny fluid from the WS that currently in it.....I had no idea it was just changed for better economy cause when I asked the dealership about going to a different fluid they told me my tranny wouldn't work properly.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ how long have you had your turbo also whats your hp??? and raced it yet???
Old 12-02-2011, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Txninja
^^^ how long have you had your turbo also whats your hp??? and raced it yet???
I've been turbo'd since July, haven't been to the dyno yet but the scionlife member that I bought the kit from displayed the dyno sheet from Church Automotive out in Cali and it was putting down 240whp/245tq @ 6psi. In the spring when I have the head & tranny parts upgraded I'm going to see what the #'s will be at 8psi (Can't wait till spring)!

I've raced the tC on the street and highway but didn't get a chance to take it to the strip boosted before the weather turned bad. Took down quite a few honda's on the highway so far. I did race against my Dad (C6 Corvette) and lost by a 1 car.....he gave me 4 cars length's and literallly passed me with 40ft left in the race!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol dang... corvette dont wanna mess with that but at least hondas yeah... nothing to say much besides vtec but sounds nice hope it goes for a while... also did you have problem shifting in gears when running???
Old 12-03-2011, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i also plan to build my motor this winter. started ordering parts already! i have no idea what im going to do with my tranny though. surely it wont hold up anywhere near 350-400 whp
Old 12-03-2011, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its funny when people get spanked by "just a tc" thats a _____ "auto". ive taken a ridiculous amount of cars (mostly on rolls) on boost. im not trying to brag, im just saying that i cant believe what the car can do after all of the discouragement i got for having an auto. if your do it right, and dont cut corners, you will be very pleased at how much fun it is to drive, as well as how many people you will be pulling on.

and definately get a spare tranny if you have the money. its a good peace of mind feeling
Old 12-03-2011, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thats what im saying.... and definitly on the tranny but yeah gonna change my tranny fluid, turbo kit, valve body pretty much good from there if not would go for torque convert or lil pieces to help the tranny a bit...
Old 12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Txninja
lol dang... corvette dont wanna mess with that but at least hondas yeah... nothing to say much besides vtec but sounds nice hope it goes for a while... also did you have problem shifting in gears when running???
Yea my Dad's vette is no joke but after I do everything I want with my tC....I'll be able to take him down!

Haven't had any problems at all with shifting.....doesn't stutter or anything when I'm at WOT.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DeAnzaJig
its funny when people get spanked by "just a tc" thats a _____ "auto". ive taken a ridiculous amount of cars (mostly on rolls) on boost. im not trying to brag, im just saying that i cant believe what the car can do after all of the discouragement i got for having an auto. if your do it right, and dont cut corners, you will be very pleased at how much fun it is to drive, as well as how many people you will be pulling on.

and definately get a spare tranny if you have the money. its a good peace of mind feeling
^ Agree totally! Ran into a new Audi A4 this weekend and held him off on the highway until I hit the 127 mph speed cut. When traffic slowed down he asked me what I've done with the car so far. Let him know that it was turbo'd on 6psi and he couldn't believe that I was pretty much keeping my distance from him on low boost.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dam.... that nice now i cant wait to get a turbo shoot pay check come here already....
Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 AM

i have an camry auto with 2az-fe i wonder is my auto tranny same as scion tc ???
planning to boost my camry with lower then 220whp .
Old 03-31-2012, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hix
I assume Chris is talking about my tC. It was still pulling strong and was a very reliable car until I did something stupid to it. The engine actually blew up and the trans was still kicking. It is still working today as far as I know, I recently traded it in on an E92 M3

EDIT: I have lots of the swap parts needed to goto manual and I have a stock valve body as well that I will get rid of cheap if you're looking for parts.

what did you do that was stupid?? put in the turbo???

have an 09 tc with about 30k miles out here in southern cali
I spent all day researching and came up with: a greddy T4 turbo bolt on kit, and exhaust (with their exhaust its no cats), timer and to because the tranny can only boost up to 200hp a rebuild is necessary to get the right air to fuel ratio and make sure everything is breathing right. THEN I run into someone who has a few friends that all have 07 scions ... hes telling me that every single one of them has blown their engines..."they barely stepped on it and there went the engine!" .. he said its because scion has crappy pistons and one slip of anything and the motor is done! .. is this only for 07s or a bunch of bologna his friends just didnt have the right stuff?! ... There is a place i found in jersey that would rebuild the entire tranny..after 8200 in parts and a tranny rebuild looking at about 300 hp to the wheels. according to the greddy guy this is all truth if it is done right. but then hearing what the guy says about the engine and now what i hear in this thread im scared...

whats the reason they arent lasting?? not built right?? going "to hard" ..what??
some say its the best thing you can do and then i hear its the worst.. sooo lost lol
pleasee help thanks(:
Old 03-31-2012, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mainly people who have auto blow tranny our engine can handle 500hp i beilieve and people who blow piston are probavly overboosting or boosting when the tranny is still broken or something